New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-06-28 13:25:51

anansi

Re: Mars screensave

I just discovered a free shareware download of a martian screen saver Here. There's also one for earth and the moon.

I'd be interested if anyone else can get it to woek smoothly, it seems I need to make openGL work on my video card before I get the good animation. But the screen snapshots look tantalizing!

#2 2002-06-29 07:09:11

Christina

I can't even get the page to open!

[i]the early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese[/i]

#3 2002-06-29 15:13:48

Phobos

It seemed to work ok for me.  The screensaver needs a little more jazz to it, even though the 3D-graphics are very fluid and nice.  You probably already know to check, but are you using the most current version of directx and video drivers for your card?  To get the site to come up you might have to edit out an extra "http" in your browser.  I had to, then it worked fine. smile

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

Board footer