New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-06-25 13:42:59

Neil
Banned

Re: Anyone know rough conference schedule? - Question re 2002 Annual Conference

Can anyone tell me the rough schedule / agenda for the Mars Society annual conference? (Or even how it has been in previous years.)

The web page only says August 8-11, but the time of day things start on the 8th and finish on the 11th is omitted.

(This information is required for booking flights and accommodation -- does one need to arrive on the 7th, does one need to stay until the 12th etc.)

[I have sent an email to the information link on the website, but have received no reply.]

Thank you to anyone who can provide any information on this.

#2 2002-06-25 13:51:13

Byron

Hey...I've checked the schedule for the past conferences, and registration does start bright and early (8am) on the first day, and it runs to the end of the last day (6pm Sunday).

I would highly recommend getting in on the day before so you don't miss the opening of the conference sessions, and it'd be best to stay through to the 12th, although if you got a late flight out, it'd probably be O.K.  Keep in mind also that the Denver airport is something like 1 1/2 hours away from Boulder.

Don't forget as well, that the conference fee goes up another $60 on June 30th, so you should register immediately if you haven't done so already.  Hope this helps! smile

B

#3 2002-06-26 11:08:44

Neil
Banned

Thanks for the information Byron.

I got an email this morning with an "official" answer from Lorraine Bell, the Conference Organizing Chair. She wrote, in part:

[T]he conference will start at 8:00am on Thursday the 8th and will end at approximately 5:30pm on Sunday.  Those times are tentative as we are still receiving abstracts so the final schedule has not yet been made.  However, we usually try not to alter start and end times since we know people need to make travel arangements.

Board footer