New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2004-01-21 07:43:07

wgc
Banned
Website

Re: mars via the moon - In fiction too!

This is the one and only post I will make on this issue because I don?t feel this forum is the place for it but:

Think the president?s vision has a chance. Think we can get to mars via the moon. Want to brainstorm the idea or are you just interested in some good fiction. I?m putting together a web site, which will support the Novel I?m attempting to write.
The story is called SOL-3, and the first volume I?m attempting to write is called Darkside, this is a project I?ve been trying to do since college long before Bush Came up with his plan.

In the novel I use the threat of a collision with a NEO object to accelerate a foundering space program, but I wonder if I still need that subplot in wake of the Bush Proposal.
Depends how much momentum that gets and if Bush wins reelection. So far none of the Democratic front-runners seem to be for any renewed space effort. I suspect Kerry would freeze the Nasa budget or even cut back. Say hello to LEO again if that. I?ve been thinking of coming up with something like a voters guide too.

Public interest just isn?t there, part of it is that a large percentage of the population doesn?t have the education to internalize such an effort and the Media isn?t helping. Look how little coverage the Rover missions are getting. I?ve resorted to watching  Nasa TV coverage over broadband. If you want the news conferences you have to go to pay sites. On the other hand there have been record hits on the Nasa sites.

But anyway in my novel lunar operation are very similar to Artic exploration in the 50?s, the main US compound is Little America II. In the midst of all this something is happening on Mars. If you want more information you have to go to my website at

[http://sol3.typepad.com]Sol3.typepad.com

you can get to the message board only from:

[http://www.sol-3.org/InvisionBoard]www,sol-3.org

My intent is to make this novel as technically accurate as possible. In terms of both lunar operations and technology for getting to mars. If you have Ideas on how this can be accomplished . this is the place, I intend within two weeks to provide a facility that visitors may register and either contribute to the novel or contribute supplemental material.

At this time the site has a synopsis of the story and a fully operational message board, were current space issues can also be discussed. I am  not partial to just Mars exploration , I?m a card carrying member of  the major space advocacy organizations

portal.holo-spot.net

Board footer