New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-12-20 05:25:28

Rxke

Re: Panel finds little concensus on space policy - No vision?

Sigh...
Houstonchronicle.com

The good news is: Zubrin gets quoted again smile

And this one... Hmmm... They want 'realistic' missions...
NYTimes (free subscription)

#2 2003-12-20 16:28:01

Palomar

*If President Bush would take a stand on going to Mars, things would likely shape up really quick.  If he won't, hopefully the next U.S. President will. 

If someone like him, with a lot of power and etc., would actually pop up and take a direct stance...yeah, we all know this I know.  It gets frustrating, doesn't it?

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#3 2003-12-20 16:47:26

dickbill

Since it is more difficult to land an american in an arab country than to land him on Mars, the real challenge is then :

"....and by the end of this decade, we will land an american, without a gun, in an arab country, and bring him back home safely. Not because it's easy but ...etc "

#4 2003-12-20 16:54:32

Palomar

Since it is more difficult to land an american in an arab country than to land him on Mars, the real challenge is then :

"....and by the end of this decade, we will land an american, without a gun, in an arab country, and bring him back home safely. Not because it's easy but ...etc "

*President Bush has got the sand part right.  The location is wrong, though. 

We're definitely active on the sands of a foreign land...wish it were activity on the sands of that other world called Mars.

Bush has got his sands confused.  By Jove, that's it!  I'd better write him again, and point out the obvious mistake.

Marsian Sand (not Middle Eastern Sand), Mr. President.

--Cindy :laugh:

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

Board footer