New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-12-05 10:23:26

Hazer

Re: Costs - What if...

I was wondering, how do you guys think substantially lower costs for getting materials into space would affect the timeframe of any future Mars Missions?

In the interests of my species
I am a firm supporter of stepping out into this great universe both armed and dangerous.

Bootprints in red dust, or bust!

#2 2003-12-05 10:50:54

Ian Flint
Banned

Well, my optimistic side says it will definitely speed things up.

But, my pessemistic side says it will only lead to budget cuts for NASA.  "If they can do this space stuff for half the cost, then we'll just give them half the money." -- Typical Budget Cutting Congressman.

#3 2003-12-07 04:52:39

Hazer

Ah yes sadly.  But if it was possible, do any of you guys think that the Mars society would launch it's own mission to Mars-manned, or unmanned?

In the interests of my species
I am a firm supporter of stepping out into this great universe both armed and dangerous.

Bootprints in red dust, or bust!

Board footer