New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-12-02 11:41:42

Palomar

Re: "NASA Misses the Mark" - ...Calif. Republican Dana Rohrabacher

Read me

*Unfortunately, this person is against going to Mars.  Oh well, this person also thinks Bush is a "great leader"...yeah, that figures.

Rep. DR:  "So, let's quit talking about sending a person to Mars" [I'd definitely like to talk about getting you out of the Chairmanship]

"Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, California Republican, is chairman of the Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee of the House Science Committee"

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2003-12-02 13:00:43

jadeheart
Banned

The Clementine mission, brought about by a group of rebels in the space community, discovered evidence of water at lunar poles in 1996.The Lunar Prospector project demonstrated that commercial lunar exploration missions are feasible. With evidence of water on the moon, we can make oxygen to breathe and hydrogen for fuel.

For someone who's in this position, this lady needs to keep up on the news a little better:

http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/No … s.deb.html

hey dana, there IS a place where it's been pretty conclusively demonstrated that there IS a good water supply:  MARS! 

of course, she is spewing the usual republican rhetoric about free markets & entrepreneurs being the solution to everything, including opening the space frontier.  "let's do away with government entirely and just let free markets fix EVERYTHING!!" 

btw, when i look at the clementine webpage, i see that the "rebels" she refers to were working for (cover the children's ears) THE GOVERNMENT!

how about this:  let's charge the frontier using BOTH government AND entrepreneurship.  call me a big-government pinko, but it seems like the best strategy is to hedge your bet whenever you can.

there now.  felt good to get that off my chest.

You can stand on a mountaintop with your mouth open for a very long time before a roast duck flies into it.  -Chinese Proverb

#3 2003-12-02 13:02:54

jadeheart
Banned

oops!  dana's a man.  live n learn.

You can stand on a mountaintop with your mouth open for a very long time before a roast duck flies into it.  -Chinese Proverb

Board footer