New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#26 2024-08-10 15:16:58

GW Johnson
Website

Re: DIY pallet home building

Be careful trying to re-use pallet lumber.  Some is "ordinary" lumber,  some is not.  Quite a few pallets are made of Bois d'Arc wood (also known as "ironwood"),  which is so dense (and hard) that it sinks in water.  It also routinely breaks drill bits and saw blades.  There's just not a lot you can do with it,  unless you are tooled-up to deal with harsh properties like that. 

Pallets made of Bois d'Arc last a whole lot longer than the rest,  out in the weather.  And they take bigger load forces than any other sort of lumber in pallets.  But eventually,  they rot,  too.

Been there and done that.  Since I was a teenager,  now very long ago,  indeed.

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2024-08-10 15:19:36)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#27 2024-08-10 16:35:33

tahanson43206

For GW Johnson re pallet identification...

It is helpful to have this additional information available, as SpaceNut bravely ventures into this new arena.

I'm wondering if the kind of stout wood you encountered is still used to make pallets.  I've only seen a tiny fraction of pallets that are in daily use in the global industry today, so am wondering how SpaceNut might be able to differentiate one kind of wood from another.  It seems to me reasonable  to suppose the wood used to make pallets is what is left after all other industries have rejected it for building.  A really strong wood such as you describe seems to me to be desirable for furniture or other high value products.

In any case, the ability to be able to identify wood types and quality would seem (to me at least) to be highly desirable for the kind of project SpaceNut is considering.

(th)

#28 2024-08-11 14:26:13

SpaceNut
Administrator

#29 2024-08-12 08:19:46

GW Johnson
Website

Construction began this morning on our solar PV installation.

GW

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#30 2024-08-12 08:46:13

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut ... please consider making periodic reports on your progress.  You are the only NewMars member who is actually working on this particular technology, so you are the best placed to provide up to the minute reports and images as you go along.

(th)

#31 2024-08-16 16:11:24

SpaceNut
Administrator

Have collected 2 more loads of materials from the moped motor scooter shop. Have started to count what I have of rough cut 2x4 and other such to see how many more loads I will need before taking them apart for use.

#32 2024-08-20 17:55:05

SpaceNut
Administrator

The other night I collected a load of building materials in construction dumpster of large section of 1/2" OSB that had been cut out for windows and doors from the building that is in process. Got similar pieces of flooring subfloor as well in a variety of shapes large enough to piece together once starting to build.

Tonight, I picked up another load of the scooter stores material that have already been reported on for shape and type contained.

#33 2024-08-24 11:00:57

SpaceNut
Administrator

Got another near car full load of the pallet materials Friday and spent the Saturday morning sorting these to identify all of the materials that I have obtained for build. Counting the quantities of 2x4 that are in each pallet count as well as other wood shapes that are also present for use to see if I have enough to begin taking apart in order to build the shed that I am in need of. It appears that I am close for the wall and roof but still need more for the floor to be built.

#34 2024-08-24 11:12:30

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #33

Thanks for the update on your progress. 

Your stock of incoming materials will include a lot of 4x4 inch locks that are used to separate the floor from the ceiling of each pallet.

Those blocks represent potential load bearing columns for a larger building, such as a garage or shop.

If you save the blocks you can make a column out of them.  The regular slats used for the floor and top surface of each pallet can be nailed or screwed to the blocks, so they will be held in place.  When they are set vertically, the load of the roof will compress them, and with the side boards to hold them in place, they should provide the same service as full length 4x4 beams.

Related question... Are you planning a flat roof which might be sloped to flow water off, or perhaps a normal peaked roof, with two slanted sides?

In any case, I assume you're thinking about a roof covering of some kind. 

(th)

#35 2024-08-24 11:54:32

SpaceNut
Administrator

Currently I am planning to have a sloped roof but still looking at what I have. I am still short of the materials to complete the shell at this time but perhaps I am at 80% of what is needed. So, a couple more loads might get me to what is needed. Still need to go back to the construction dumpster to see what more I can retrieve from it to finish it up.

#36 2024-08-24 16:49:01

SpaceNut
Administrator

I went out this afternoon and got more OSB from the construction site dumpster with every square helps to finishing the shed.

Hoping to begin construction during the Labor Day weekend.

I will need to move some sand to make a clean base to build on that is level before the first nails can be driven after pulling apart the pallets to make use of the wood from them.

#37 2024-08-24 17:03:28

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #36

Thanks for more good news of material arriving for the project.

I've not heard you report on a search for a pallet dis-assembly tool.  This topic contains posts that show links to a variety of tools. The pry bar for pallet dis-assembly is purpose built to make the  work go faster. A person who tackles this with hammer, chisel and pry bar will experience considerable exercise.  As a reminder, the pry bar is designed to fit onto the 2x4 that holds the slats, and it reaches under the slat so that maximum torque can be applied to the nails  at the joint.

(th)

#38 2024-08-24 19:07:36

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut ... I understand you are not going to invest in a tool designed to dis-assemble pallets. You live in NewHampshire, where ironwood grows (or so I'm told).  For everyone else, here is a partial list of tools designed for the job...

Per Google...

Sponsored
Image of Pallet Disassembly Tool with Nail Removal - Pallet Buster with Secure Locking Pin for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for Tearing Down Woods(NO HANDLE)
Pallet Disassembly Tool with Nail Removal - Pallet Buster with Secure Locking Pin for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for Tearing Down Woods(NO HANDLE)
$28.99
Amazon.com
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Disassembly Tool
·
Pallets
Image of VEVOR Pallet Tool Buster 41-Inch Handle 2000 lbs Weight Capacity Q235 Carbon Steel Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Pallet Breaker Pry Bar
VEVOR Pallet Tool Buster 41-Inch Handle 2000 lbs Weight Capacity Q235 Carbon Steel Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Pallet Breaker Pry Bar
$36.99
VEVOR
Special offer
"Easy to use"
·
"Well made"
Image of Pallet Buster, 41-Inch Handle, 2000 Lbs Weight Capacity, Q235 Carbon Steel, Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Products, Pallet Tool Breaker Pry
Pallet Buster, 41-Inch Handle, 2000 Lbs Weight Capacity, Q235 Carbon Steel, Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Products, Pallet Tool Breaker Pry
$37.39
Temu
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
·
Tool
Image of Pallet Buster, 41-Inch Handle, 2000 Lbs Weight Capacity, Q235 Carbon Steel, Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Pallet, Construction Tools, Tool
Pallet Buster, 41-Inch Handle, 2000 Lbs Weight Capacity, Q235 Carbon Steel, Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Pallet, Construction Tools, Tool
$37.39
Temu
(16)
"Easy to use"
·
"Well made"
Image of VEVOR Pallet Tool, 50'' Carbon Steel Handle Pallet Breaker 2000 lbs Weight Capacity Heavy Duty Deck Board Removal Tool Deck Wrecker with Non-Slip Grip for Efficient and Effortless Board Removal
VEVOR Pallet Tool, 50'' Carbon Steel Handle Pallet Breaker 2000 lbs Weight Capacity Heavy Duty Deck Board Removal Tool Deck Wrecker with Non-Slip Grip for Efficient and Effortless Board Removal
$46.99
VEVOR
Special offer
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Breaker
·
Tool
Image of Wdwlbsm 1PCS Pallet Buster Tool Pallet Breaker,Pallet Disassembly Tool,Heavy Duty Deck Board Puller Efficient Pallet Removal Tool for Removing
Wdwlbsm 1PCS Pallet Buster Tool Pallet Breaker,Pallet Disassembly Tool,Heavy Duty Deck Board Puller Efficient Pallet Removal Tool for Removing
$22.99
Amazon.com
30-day returns
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Breaker
·
Pallet Disassembly Tool
Image of 3 in 1 Logging Tools, Log Cant Hook, and Logging Tools and Equipment, Log Lifter, Log Tongs, Forestry Multitool Firewood Harvesting Hand Tools, Red
3 in 1 Logging Tools, Log Cant Hook, and Logging Tools and Equipment, Log Lifter, Log Tongs, Forestry Multitool Firewood Harvesting Hand Tools, Red
$59.94
Temu
Free by 9/13
Tools
Image of BISupply Pallet Buster Tool with Handle 3 Section 41in - Deck Wrecker Dismantler Wood Pallet Tool Breaker Pry Bar Puller
BISupply Pallet Buster Tool with Handle 3 Section 41in - Deck Wrecker Dismantler Wood Pallet Tool Breaker Pry Bar Puller
$39.99
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
·
Tool
5% off
Image of Pallet Disassembly Tool, Deck Wrecker, Pallet Buster, Deck Board Remover, Best Wrecking Pry Bar for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for
Pallet Disassembly Tool, Deck Wrecker, Pallet Buster, Deck Board Remover, Best Wrecking Pry Bar for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for
$24.99
Amazon.com
$23.74 at...
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Disassembly Tool
·
Pallets
10% off
Image of Pallet Tool Buster with 41‘’ Handle, Carbon Steel Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Pry Bar Puller Wood Pallet Tool Breaker Pry Bar Puller, Articulating
Pallet Tool Buster with 41‘’ Handle, Carbon Steel Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Pry Bar Puller Wood Pallet Tool Breaker Pry Bar Puller, Articulating
$43.99
Amazon.com
$39.59 at...
Pallet Buster
·
Tool
Image of Vestil Deluxe Pallet Buster with 41" Handle, 7-1/8"L, Blue
Vestil Deluxe Pallet Buster with 41" Handle, 7-1/8"L, Blue
$53.95
Global Industrial
(102)
"Performs well"
·
"Sturdy"
·
"Well made"
·
"Easy to use"
Image of VEVOR Pallet Tool Buster 60-Inch Handle 8818 lbs Weight Capacity Q235 Carbon Steel Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Pallet Breaker Pry Bar
VEVOR Pallet Tool Buster 60-Inch Handle 8818 lbs Weight Capacity Q235 Carbon Steel Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker Demolition Wood Pallet Breaker Pry Bar
$96.99
VEVOR
Special offer
Pallet Buster
·
Tool
Image of JINHAN Pallet Buster Tool - Articulating Pivot-Action Head Deck Board Removal Tool Deck - Wood Pallet Tool Breaker Pry Bar Puller (With Handle)
JINHAN Pallet Buster Tool - Articulating Pivot-Action Head Deck Board Removal Tool Deck - Wood Pallet Tool Breaker Pry Bar Puller (With Handle)
$49.99
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
·
Tool
Image of Pallet Buster With Nail Puller- Wrecking Pry Bar For Breaking Pallets,
Pallet Buster With Nail Puller- Wrecking Pry Bar For Breaking Pallets,
$48.99
eBay
Free by 9/5
Pallet Buster
·
Pallets
Image of Pallet Tool Air Nail Puller Nail Remover Pneumatic Denailer for Recycled Wood Fence (Ideal for soft or medium-hard woods)
Pallet Tool Air Nail Puller Nail Remover Pneumatic Denailer for Recycled Wood Fence (Ideal for soft or medium-hard woods)
$169.90
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet
·
Tool
·
Pneumatic
Image of NEW Stringer Notching Tools For Wooden Pallet For Wood Stringer Pallets
NEW Stringer Notching Tools For Wooden Pallet For Wood Stringer Pallets
$29.00
AliExpress.com
Free shipping
Pallet
·
Tools
Image of Pallet Breaker with Nail Puller- NO HANDLE Wrecking Pry Bar for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Buster for Removing or Tearing Down Woods, Black
Pallet Breaker with Nail Puller- NO HANDLE Wrecking Pry Bar for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Buster for Removing or Tearing Down Woods, Black
$28.95
Amazon.com
Pallet Buster
·
Pallets
Image of Roughneck Pallet Buster ROU64644 Sturdy
Roughneck Pallet Buster ROU64644 Sturdy
$35.59
Amazon.com
Pallet Buster
15% off
Image of Global Equipment SKB-DLX Gec Deluxe Pallet Buster & Skid Breaker
Global Equipment SKB-DLX Gec Deluxe Pallet Buster & Skid Breaker
$128.99
Zoro
$110 with code
"Performs well"
Image of Lumberjack Tools 1-1/2" Home Beginner's Kit (HSBK1) , Red
Lumberjack Tools 1-1/2" Home Beginner's Kit (HSBK1) , Red
$91.18
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Tools
Image of Senhill Professional Hardwood Flooring Jack Positioning Tool for Laminate Flooring Installation Hard Wood Straight Tile Contractor Hand Tool
Senhill Professional Hardwood Flooring Jack Positioning Tool for Laminate Flooring Installation Hard Wood Straight Tile Contractor Hand Tool
$29.99
Amazon.com
30-day returns
Tool
·
Jack
Image of Heavy Duty Breaker Deck Wrecker Wooden Dock Pallet Board Removal Tool
Heavy Duty Breaker Deck Wrecker Wooden Dock Pallet Board Removal Tool
$99.99
eBay
30-day returns
Pallet
·
Tool
Image of Pallet Buster Tool in Yellow with 43in Long Handle– Deck Wrecker Pallet Tool Pry Bar, Deck Board Removal Tool, Deck Tools
Pallet Buster Tool in Yellow with 43in Long Handle– Deck Wrecker Pallet Tool Pry Bar, Deck Board Removal Tool, Deck Tools
$49.96
Temu
(3)
Pallet Buster
·
Tool
Image of Duckbill Deck Wrecker - The Original Deck and Pallet Board Removal Tool
Duckbill Deck Wrecker - The Original Deck and Pallet Board Removal Tool
$116.44
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet
·
Tool
Image of YZZHAJ Pallet Buster Tool, Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker, Pallet Breaker Board Removal Tool, Wood Pallet Tool for Breaking Pallets, Framing, Roofing,
YZZHAJ Pallet Buster Tool, Heavy Duty Deck Wrecker, Pallet Breaker Board Removal Tool, Wood Pallet Tool for Breaking Pallets, Framing, Roofing,
$22.99
Amazon.com
30-day returns
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Breaker
·
Tool
Image of Insaga Fully Welded Pallet Buster 48'' All-Steel Handle Pallet Breaker Heavy Duty Industrial Deck Board Removal Tool, Non-Slip Grip Pallet Pry Bar
Insaga Fully Welded Pallet Buster 48'' All-Steel Handle Pallet Breaker Heavy Duty Industrial Deck Board Removal Tool, Non-Slip Grip Pallet Pry Bar
$55.99
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Breaker
·
Tool
Image of Vestil SKB-DLX Deluxe Steel Pallet Buster with Handle, 41",blue
Vestil SKB-DLX Deluxe Steel Pallet Buster with Handle, 41",blue
$65.27
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
Image of Heavy Duty Breaker Deck Wrecker Wooden Dock Pallet Board Removal Tool
Heavy Duty Breaker Deck Wrecker Wooden Dock Pallet Board Removal Tool
$183.25
eBay
Free shipping
Pallet
·
Tool
Image of B-MIAO Pallet Buster with Nail Removal - Pallet Disassembly Tool with Secure Locking Pin for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for Tearing Down
B-MIAO Pallet Buster with Nail Removal - Pallet Disassembly Tool with Secure Locking Pin for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for Tearing Down
$51.99
ibspot.com
Free by 9/5
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Disassembly Tool
·
Pallets
Image of Pallet Buster With Nail Puller- Wrecking Pry Bar For Breaking Pallets,
Pallet Buster With Nail Puller- Wrecking Pry Bar For Breaking Pallets,
$44.56
eBay
Free by 9/5
Pallet Buster
·
Pallets
Image of Pallet Grabber 2T/4409lbs Capacity Heavy Duty Steel Single Scissor for Pulling Pallets, Woods and Other Things Easily, 8 Inches Bigger Jaw Opening
Pallet Grabber 2T/4409lbs Capacity Heavy Duty Steel Single Scissor for Pulling Pallets, Woods and Other Things Easily, 8 Inches Bigger Jaw Opening
$52.98
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet
·
Clamp
Image of SKB-DLX Deluxe Steel Pallet Buster with Handle, 41",blue
SKB-DLX Deluxe Steel Pallet Buster with Handle, 41",blue
$47.92
AliExpress.com
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
Image of VANROUG Pallet Buster Tool, Pallet Tool Pry Bar, Heavy Duty Industrial Deck Board Removal Tool, No Handle Wrecking Pry Bar, Industrial Breaker for
VANROUG Pallet Buster Tool, Pallet Tool Pry Bar, Heavy Duty Industrial Deck Board Removal Tool, No Handle Wrecking Pry Bar, Industrial Breaker for
$24.99
Amazon.com
30-day returns
Pallet Buster
·
Tool
5% off
Image of Ewandor Pallet Buster, Deck Wrecker, Pallet Disassembly Tool, Deck Board Remover, Best Wrecking Pry Bar for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for
Ewandor Pallet Buster, Deck Wrecker, Pallet Disassembly Tool, Deck Board Remover, Best Wrecking Pry Bar for Breaking Pallets, Industrial Breaker for
$24.99
Amazon.com
$23.74 at...
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Disassembly Tool
·
Pallets
Image of Pallet Disassembly Tool, Deck Wrecker, Pallet Buster, Deck Board Remover, Best W
Pallet Disassembly Tool, Deck Wrecker, Pallet Buster, Deck Board Remover, Best W
$35.92
eBay
Free by 9/5
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Disassembly Tool
Image of Pallet Tool, Insaga Deck Board Removal Tool with Thick 3mm Handle 50'', Full welded Pallet Breaker Tool, Articulating Pivoting Head Deck Wrecker, Capacity up to 250 lbs
Pallet Tool, Insaga Deck Board Removal Tool with Thick 3mm Handle 50'', Full welded Pallet Breaker Tool, Articulating Pivoting Head Deck Wrecker, Capacity up to 250 lbs
$56.99
Amazon.com
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Breaker
·
Tool
Image of Pallet Buster With Nail Removal - Pallet Disassembly Tool With Secure
Pallet Buster With Nail Removal - Pallet Disassembly Tool With Secure
$50.84
eBay
Free shipping
Pallet Buster
·
Pallet Disassembly Tool
Videos
5:02
These 2 Tools Dismantle Wood Pallets in Seconds + Tips and ...
YouTube · David Can Make That
Mar 10, 2024
2:02
Best Tool for Salvaging Pallet Wood
YouTube · WoodworkersJournal
May 9, 2017
8:29
How to Easily Take Apart Pallets With These 5 Must Have Tools
YouTube · From The Pallet Shed
Apr 13, 2024
5:38
How to take a pallet apart without breaking it
YouTube · Jesper Makes
Jan 1, 2022
Feedback

(th)

#39 2024-08-27 17:54:11

SpaceNut
Administrator

I am not looking to buy much as it defeats what I am trying to prove in equipment or materials for those that do not have it.

I got another car load to night and I have a total qty 48 of rough cut 2x4 that are 84 inches long.

#40 2024-08-27 18:01:37

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #39

Congratulations on bringing another car load home for the project.

There is such a thing as being ** too ** careful with your money. Most of the tools I showed you go for about $50 or less, and after you've endured a few hours of hard labor with inadequate tools, that $50 would have been well spent.

I just cut a piece of strong steel with a Dremel.  It would have yielded to a hand saw, but the Dremel made short work of the cut.  I already had the Dremel, so the investment was in the edge of the cutting blade, which wore down an eighth of an inch or so.

You can sell the pallet tool and possibly even make a profit by showing the results you will achieve.

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2024-08-27 20:59:33)

#41 2024-09-07 18:01:30

SpaceNut
Administrator

Today after taking care of the weeks rubbish removal to the towns dump.

I spent time tearing apart the floor as it was unstable and realigned the pallets that were the base under it. Setting them the other direction such that the floor parts would line up on a 2x4 rather than one end with no support. After doing this I reset the floor materials onto them and reshaped it to make it work with no cutting needed.

After that I did a bit of pallet tear down and prep for reuse and after getting the 36" crowbar and attempting to get a technique to work I was able to time this to under a 1/2 hr. that yields 2 2x4 per pallet for use plus other materials for later. Reclaiming the screw pikes from each for possible reuse.

#42 2024-09-07 18:06:15

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut... as a reminder, there are tools designed to disassemble pallets. The cost for most is on the order of $50.  My guess is that you were to invest in one of them, you'd find the work less frustrating.

That said, congratulations on what sounds like a strong start to your project.

It sounds as though you might be planning to use pallets for the flooring, and that might be why you spent some time leveling the collection and adding vertical support to insure firm footing.

(th)

#43 2024-09-10 20:40:41

SpaceNut
Administrator

Sunday, I spent the afternoon disassembling 8 pallets to gain the 2x4 studs for the walls to be constructed from. The time was less than the timed pallets of the days before as I began to perfect the how to pull them apart.
Will need to get more of them for use in this as I would rather have enough to finish the path to getting the structure shelled so that I can get it closed up as quickly as possible.

#44 2024-09-11 06:07:46

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #43

Please give us a picture of the status of your project from time to time!

A purpose built tool would make the job easier.

Congratulations on your progress to date.

(th)

#45 2024-09-11 08:17:53

Calliban

As a kid, I can remember building a camp out of pallets.  My dad had a load of tiles delivered for an extension he was building and we had dozens of pallets left over.

I drove stakes into the ground and slid the pallets over the stakes to makes vertical walls.  I then tied the pallets in the walls together with string for increased rigidity.  I then drapped a tarp over the top to provide a roof and waterproof cover for the walls.  I used bricks and rocks to weigh the tarp down at the edges and keep in taught over the structure.  I also laid pallets on the floor to create a dry floor space that was off the dirt.

The whole thing was about 12' square.  The result wasn't exactly something you would want to live in.  But I was 12 at the time and it was a place for my mates and I to hang out, smoke weed and drink beer away from my parents.  A single storey shelter could be built this way in a day.

Also, check out earth bag construction.  This is another low cost building method that may meet your needs.  The dirt you need for construction could be sourced by digging out a pond.

Last edited by Calliban (2024-09-11 08:24:24)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#46 2024-09-11 08:27:16

tahanson43206

For Calliban! Re #45, thanks for the description of the pallet shelter you made for your friends to share!

In reading your detailed description, I realized that the concept of using entire pallets as components of a wall makes sense, if the building is a garage or workshop for example.  Three pallets high would make a wall with plenty of elevation.

The exterior siding would cover the outer surface, and wallboard or inexpensive plywood would provide a seal for the air between the surfaces, so that heat inside the building would be preserved.

SpaceNut's design is yet to be revealed, but he is separating the components. Your description shows an attractive alternative.  It does presume the use of sturdy vertical elements between pallets, to insure lateral stability (like your stakes) and vertical load bearing capability for a proper roof.

(th)

Board footer