New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-11-12 21:00:18

Bill White

Re: Disney's Mission Space - A review

Last week my family and I went to DisneyWorld. Naturally enough we rode the new Mission:Space attraction at Epcot.

This article is a very accurate description of the ride. I am glad I found it because I was not sure how to describe the ride in an efficient manner.

One positive factoid the Japan Times article omits - - the official slogan of the Mission:Space attraction is "We Choose to Go"

Negative factoids include

- - hypersleep to allow the journey to happen instantaneously
- - a cornball spacecraft (although cool from a Hollywood perspective)

As I left the attraction I started thinking that the Mars Society should attempt to persuade Disney to display a replica of the Devon Island facility and allow tours.

= = =

One more thing. In the gift shop just outside the exit (this is Disney, remember?) one item for sale was a Mickey Mouse T-shirt I thought was quite funny.

Mickey is wearing a space suit and helmet and his face is straining and he is sweating and gritting his teeth. The caption reads:

"Say G-eees!"

#2 2003-11-13 07:08:21

Byron

Re: Disney's Mission Space - A review

Last week my family and I went to DisneyWorld. Naturally enough we rode the new Mission:Space attraction at Epcot.

This article is a very accurate description of the ride. I am glad I found it because I was not sure how to describe the ride in an efficient manner.

One positive factoid the Japan Times article omits - - the official slogan of the Mission:Space attraction is "We Choose to Go"

Negative factoids include

- - hypersleep to allow the journey to happen instantaneously
- - a cornball spacecraft (although cool from a Hollywood perspective)

As I left the attraction I started thinking that the Mars Society should attempt to persuade Disney to display a replica of the Devon Island facility and allow tours.

= = =

One more thing. In the gift shop just outside the exit (this is Disney, remember?) one item for sale was a Mickey Mouse T-shirt I thought was quite funny.

Mickey is wearing a space suit and helmet and his face is straining and he is sweating and gritting his teeth. The caption reads:

"Say G-eees!"

Sounds like a lot of fun... big_smile   Guess I need to take a road trip sometime soon and give it a whirl...considering it's only 3 hours from my front door to the front gate at Epcot.

How was the lines for that ride?  It sounds like a very low-capacity ride, with the way it's set up and everything.  I remember waiting a long time for Test Track at a time when there weren't that many people in the park.  Guess I need to go between Dec 10-15th, the slowest week of the year, early Jan is almost as slow.  But dang, I want to experience those "g" forces bad!!  tongue

B

Board footer