New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-11-06 19:42:22

awbryan

Re: Howard Dean has ENDORSED humans to Mars! - The Mars Movement's Prez Candidate

Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar … 3Nov3.html

About halfway down:

Dallas, Tex.: If elected President, what are your plans for NASA and the Space Program? Do you think it's time to retire the Shuttle and move on to bigger and better things, such as a human mission to Mars, or returning to the moon?

Howard Dean: I am a strong supporter of NASA and every government program that furthers scientific research. I don't think we should close the shuttle program but I do believe that we should aggressively begin a program to have manned flights to Mars. This of course assumes that we can change Presidents so we can have a balanced budget again.

YES!!

--Allen

#2 2003-11-06 19:58:56

atitarev

Re: Howard Dean has ENDORSED humans to Mars! - The Mars Movement's Prez Candidate

Here's another one
Howard Dean To Join Next Mars Mission
"When I'm standing on the surface of Mars, passionately denouncing things most Americans support and advocating things most Americans oppose, people will know I'm the real Democrat in this race."

Vote for Dean!

Anatoli Titarev

Board footer