New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2001-09-07 19:32:51

John Creighton
Website

Re: Life to Mars Foundation - Well, Who are they?

Well, Who are they?

Dig into the [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/2006/12/political-grab-bag.html]political grab bag[/url] at [url=http://child-civilization.blogspot.com/]Child Civilization[/url]

#2 2001-09-25 03:48:01

Adrian
Website

It might be useful to have a look at the new Life to Mars Foundation website - not much information, but it has got some interesting descriptions of alternative missions they are considering to Translife (which seem to be far more interesting, personally speaking).

Not much information about the Foundation itself though; aside from Elon Musk I'm not sure who else is involved.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#3 2002-01-09 07:39:24

Adrian
Website

I had another look at the Life to Mars website today, a full four months after my first post on the issue - and nothing has changed. While undoubtedly there is probably lots of behind the scenes manoeuvrings within the organization, it depresses me to see this potentially groundbreaking group hidings its activities.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#4 2003-10-16 02:54:47

alokmohan

I understand for the time being this can't be of much help.

#5 2003-11-16 11:05:03

Wim
Website

If I click the link a nice white page shows up or am I missing the clue/glue yikes

Dit anibodie sea my englich somwere ?

#6 2003-11-16 20:05:58

Palomar

If I click the link a nice white page shows up or am I missing the clue/glue yikes

*Wim, the link you're trying to access was posted by Adrian in January 2002.  Chances are whatever was there isn't any longer; perhaps the previous information has been withdrawn.

...just a hunch.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#7 2003-11-18 15:11:41

Wim
Website

Oops, my bad.

Dit anibodie sea my englich somwere ?

#8 2003-12-19 15:53:51

Rxke

Here's more info...

Spaceref.

But i read an interview with Elon somewhere in wich he said the project was on the back burner... He's now concentrating on XCOR.

His reasoning went something like: "i wanted to do this 'life on mars' thing, but found no launcher that was affordable, so i decided to go and build cheap launchers instead!"

So, in the long run it might be better to have a cheap launcher, that way third parties can have a go at cheap Mars missions...

#9 2015-11-25 20:58:18

SpaceNut
Administrator

Fixed the artifacts within the topic

The Spaceref link "MarsNow 1.9 Profile: Elon Musk, Life to Mars Foundation" is active.
Lots of stuff within the article that some of which Musk is still striving for....

Board footer