New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#76 2022-09-22 06:13:33

Mars_B4_Moon

Re: 99% of COVID deaths in the U.S. are now of unvaccinated people

Anti-vaccination activists have pushed fake science misinfo, and other people in many countries have spread a variety of unfounded conspiracy theories or supernatural fake cures and other misinformation. However there are Long term impacts and some say Sputnik-V vaccine from Russia was simply rushed, a human experiment. Some were tested on Mice or Rats, Approved for general use, mass vaccination underway some granted approvals of EUA (or equivalent) granted, mass vaccination underway, others given limited vaccination approvals by local States, Nations or Governments, others Approved for general use, mass vaccination planned, EUA granted, mass vaccination planned or WHO, FDA, EUA pending. Serious adverse events associated COVID‑19 vaccines, such as allergic reactions, are generally rare but of high interest to the public. In November 2021, the full nucleotide sequences of the AstraZeneca and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines were released by the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, in response to a freedom of information request, there are rare types of blood clotting syndromes that were initially observed in a number of people who had previously received the Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID‑19 vaccine. https://web.archive.org/web/20210413095 … 021_en.pdf

More people have been dying this year due to irregular heartbeat, official figures suggest?

https://news.sky.com/story/irregular-he … r-12701948

#77 2022-10-01 08:03:49

SpaceNut
Administrator

COVID No Longer The Top Health Concern For Americans. So What Replaced It?

Sure, a survey but what is that #1 through 10 to go to work on.

Not to mention there is the non-medical list to work on as well.

#78 2022-10-01 16:46:23

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

Right now my top concern is that the moron you voted for is ruining our economy with ideological idiocy, which you seem to agree with for some reason.  Creating a new wave of homeless poor people in America will ultimately screw us all over.  I can't explain why the rich people you like to vote for think that the best way for them to "help" their fellow Americans is to impoverish them with new "tax and spend" schemes, but that's a question for you to answer, not me.  If the Republicans started in with that sort of utter nonsense, then my support for them would evaporate overnight as well.  This isn't about "teams" or "tribes" to me.  If it is, then I'm on "Team America" over "Team Republican" every day of the week.  The same cannot be said of Democrats.  When asked if they consider themselves Americans first, versus "citizens of the world", the majority didn't reply in the affirmative.

I recall hearing that the "adults were back in charge" after President Trump left office.  I couldn't help but think to myself that the proclamation meant we would never experience adult-level leadership for at least the next four years under President Biden.  I was unpleasantly unsurprised by the level of childish behavior from the Biden Administration.  They have no real plans or answers.  They fight amongst themselves, they fight with the Republicans, and they fight against themselves in their own minds.  The only type of "vision for the future" that that leads to is poverty and destitution.

The establishment Democrat and Republican Party's brand of moronism is what gave us President Trump to begin with.  If the Democrat Party and Republican Party had done something beyond find new ways to screw over the average American, then President Trump would've stayed on the sidelines of politics, or maybe he would've remained a Democrat his entire life.  However, I was also pleasantly surprised by the fact that President Trump, regardless of petty politics, ensured that no new wars were started under his watch, that the economy grew at an unprecedented rate until the morons who brought us COVID ruined it all to satisfy their "intellectual curiosity" about what happens when you unleash a genetically-engineered killer viruses designed to kill humans.

That's the difference between a real leader and these psychotic clowns we get from the establishment Democrat and Republican Party apparatus.  My idiots think waving the flag or being in the military makes them patriotic.  Your idiots think doing whatever benefits "the other", regardless of the ideology embodied by "meeting the needs of the other", therefore implying they are compassionate "citizens of the planet", makes them patriotic.  I would opine that both are a problem when taken to extremes.  I can see how serious problems will be created by both schools of thought, even if you can't or don't.

My "list of things to work on" should cut across politics:

1. America should have true energy independence and security.  I want a nationalized solar thermal synthetic fuel plant and nuclear thermal reactors to supply reliable energy storage and electrical power.  If a nation is not energy-secure, then it cannot have any other form of security.  Afterwards, there is no more reason / excuse for fighting foreign wars over energy.  Any US company that operates overseas, choosing to employ foreigners over Americans, should receive zero protection for its operations.  All intellectual property, manufacturing, and employment should be done in America.  If that means there's no "quick dollar" to be made, then so be it.  Easy money is not the same thing as "good money".

I'm not married to hydrocarbon energy, but I am married to the idea of never running out of energy, because I know what happens after we run out and it's all bad news.  If we can realistically do compressed air power for passenger vehicles, then we should.  CAES has the same energy density as Lead-acid batteries (steel tanks) to Lithium-ion batteries (CFRP tanks), but at much lower cost.

Ditch the Batteries: Off-Grid Compressed Air Energy Storage

2. A medical establishment that allows those involved with providing health care to question "the narrative" / "story telling", aka questioning the "false stories" or "fairy tales", such as those told by Dr Fauci.  Recall how much your side of the aisle supported that clown.  He spent your tax money to engineer a virus that primarily killed the most vulnerable amongst us.  Why is his story more compelling than some other doctor, assuming you don't hate humanity?

To this end, I want more than the top 1/10th of 1% allowed into medical school.  We routinely reject hundreds of thousands of otherwise qualified medical school applicants AFTER they pass all academic and psychological screening.  Why is that?  It looks like elitism to me.  A functional medical care system won't operate on elitism.  Elitism is a very popular idea amongst the left, which is a bit puzzling given their desire to make everyone equal.  Despite their false claims of representing the common man or woman, it's really clear that they don't.

3. No rich a-holes are allowed to buy up all the farm land (Bill Gates, communist China, etc) or housing (Black Rock).  No other rich a-holes are allowed to dictate what energy sources are used or where materials are sourced from.  Uncle Sam can still say you can't do business with Russia or China while we're fighting a war with them, and I think that's perfectly fair.  Most people who are not traitors would agree.

4. We commit to as near to full employment as possible.  All prisoners who are not disabled are required to work.  Everyone works, period, and the only valid reason for not working is being mentally or physically disabled.  No other reasons should be tolerated.  You broke your leg on the construction site?  That's okay, we'll put you in the company office to fill out paperwork until your leg heals.

Wages are steadily increasing despite leftist rhetoric, because that's what happens when your labor pool is rapidly shrinking.  No government mandates are required.  McDonald's already pays well above minimum wage, so even burger flippers make more money when labor is scarce.  The issue is that when the government spends their money for them before they've earned it, eventually you run out of other peoples' money.

5. We need to cap government spending and make sure every dollar they do spend is not immediately diverted for fraudulent uses.  The less money our government can hand out, the fewer opportunities exist for fraud.  After all the whining about COVID money being insufficient, CBO determined that less than 25%, in some cases less than 10%, went to the stated purpose.  The best examples are money for food, health care, and replacement income.  Why is that?  The recipients spent it on things unrelated to its intended purpose.  Most of these spending schemes are ready-made black market economies of scale.

During COVID, an economics guy living in California wondered why so many people were flying back-and-forth from California to Texas during the pandemic.  He was traveling for work and was floored that so many other people were flying when nearly everything was shut down.  It turns out they traded or pooled their untraceable COVID debit card money amongst themselves and spent it on renting out fancy houses in California or Texas to throw big parties, as Democrats were so famous for doing, at a time when those of us who were doing what we were told, were supposed to be social distancing to slow the spread of COVID.  These people took their government handouts, which our tax money pays for, and then used them to spread the virus.  Many of them had never flown on an airplane before in their entire lives, but during the darkest days of the global pandemic they were "living the high life" on someone else's money.  Now the tax bill is coming due for that bit of idiocy, and all of us will pay for it.

If we can take care of this "Top 5 List", then I think we'll be in much better shape as a country.  I can't call any of this "common sense", because if the voters aren't putting people in power, regardless of political ideology, who are focused on paring down this list, then I fail to see how there is any common sense.  My list is "why Trump", in case you can't figure that part out.  He's the only political figure since Reagan who's attempted to address anything on my list.  He was building the foundation for all these "bigger and better things", until the dimwit you voted for immediately burned it all to the ground.

#79 2022-10-01 18:12:06

SpaceNut
Administrator

Kbd512, list of 5 is something that we can both agree on which are important.

So how do we change the status quo of the electrical provides rising power costs to the consumer?

I know that I am studying this one as to what I can do with natural resources that my property has.

On going hillside and water notes in Gravity storage topic.

Medical care is and has become a joke even with premium insurance to pay the bill you end up getting Band-Aid care even in a doctor's office appointment. They look to mask pain and other issues rather than fix you.

The rich have always been a problem as they think that they are being investors when all they do is cause cost increase as demand becomes limited for what can be purchased.

I agree that there is little reason to employ only part time personnel for all hours that a business has for employment as that is how they are skirting around paying benefits and more by doing so. It's also how they can keep wages lower than since you are just the ends to there business.

I have seen that fraudulent use of EBT cards so as to do as you have indicated with buying of liquor and cigarettes in that they will exchange the account for another to use for cash so as to be able to get these items. Since all that is required to use the card is a pin and no identification.

#80 2022-10-02 12:02:05

SpaceNut
Administrator

While most feel that we are out of the woods when it comes to Covid it appears that covid is the gift that keeps on giving.

The Nightmare COVID Variant That Beats Our Immunity Is Finally Here

A new subvariant of the novel-coronavirus called XBB dramatically announced itself earlier this week, in Singapore. New COVID-19 cases more than doubled in a day, from 4,700 on Monday to 11,700 on Tuesday—and XBB is almost certainly why. The same subvariant just appeared in Hong Kong, too.

A highly mutated descendant of the Omicron variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that drove a record wave of infections starting around a year ago, XBB is in many ways the worst form of the virus so far. It’s more contagious than any previous variant or subvariant. It also evades the antibodies from monoclonal therapies, potentially rendering a whole category of drugs ineffective as COVID treatments.

BQ.1.1 is among the most immune-evasive COVID variants yet. It’s coming in hot in the U.S.

Omicron spawn BQ.1 and its offspring—the highly immune-evasive BQ.1.1—are coming in hot in the U.S.

The duo comprises more than 11% of COVID cases, according to updated projections released Friday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency hadn't listed the variants until then because they were estimated to comprise less than 1% of those circulating. Previously, they had been reported under parent lineage BA.5.

Combined, the two are less than one percentage point away from taking the No. 2 spot in the nation, currently held by BA.4.6, estimated to comprise 12.2% of cases. Cases of leading variant BA.5 are on the decline, estimated to comprise less than 70% of cases as of Friday.

COVID has splintered into multiple variants dominating different countries at the same time. Experts say these are some scenarios could play out

In England, Omicron spawn BA.5.2 is the most prevalent variant, with a long list of competitors relatives vying for dominance. In the U.S., once globally dominant BA.5 is still leading the way. But it’s steadily decreasing as BA.4.6—dubbed “Aeterna” by some on the Twitterverse—rises, with BQ.1 and BQ.1.1 on its heels. And in Singapore, cases of XBB, or “Gryphon”—a combination of two Omicron variants that can evade immunity and antibody treatments—are surging.

As slow as the big Pharma are progressing, they will be again late to the party with an effective vaccine let alone a preventative or cure for this virus family.

#81 2022-10-16 18:07:48

SpaceNut
Administrator

Further updates on the virus latest on variants

#82 2022-10-17 21:08:45

Calliban

Researchers develop a SARS COVID strain that is 80% lethal in mice.
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/bost … -rate-mice

Isn't this exactly the sort of goofing around that people were accusing the Chinese of doing?

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#83 2023-02-13 20:45:12

SpaceNut
Administrator

#84 2023-02-20 20:18:41

SpaceNut
Administrator

It is still not gone after its invasion in late 2019 taking its first in COVID-19 hit in 2020, Infected in the first wave, they navigated long COVID without a roadmap

Which does make you wonder
were-viruses-around-on-earth-before-living-cells-emerged-a-microbiologist-explain

#85 2023-03-07 07:20:53

Mars_B4_Moon

'An Update On Dianna's Health'

Dianna Leilani Cowern

She studied physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, graduating in 2011 with a bachelor's degree. During her time at MIT she researched dark matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vydgkCCXbTA

Her science videos are postponed until she can make a full recovery.

In 2015, she participated in a conference organized by the U.S. News & World Report. In February 2017, she gave a talk at Google titled "Becoming YouTube's Physics Girl". In 2018, she gave a keynote at CAST 2018 and at STEMtastic.
In December 2017, she was featured in an interview in APS News.Cowern has been featured in the Huffington Post, Slate, and Scientific American blogs.

Dianna’s husband here. Doc advised to take her to ER due to other issues with breathing and HR.
https://twitter.com/thephysicsgirl/stat … 3576695809

https://www.instagram.com/p/CopTdhJhOPA/

'I saw Dianna this week for the first time in months. She is very sick, and many MANY more people around the world are being affected.'

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2023-03-07 07:41:19)

#86 2023-03-17 10:46:21

Mars_B4_Moon

Norway’s top epidemiologist: Sweden handled Covid well
https://unherd.com/thepost/norways-top- … ovid-well/
Preben Aavitsland says its response was unfairly demonised

One of Norway’s leading epidemiologists has claimed that criticism of Sweden’s Covid strategy was excessive. Preben Aavitsland, who served as Director for Surveillance at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, argued that other countries “hid their own insecurities by scolding Sweden” because the country “undermined their mantra that we had no choice”.

In comments made to Swedish paper SvD, Aavitsland explained that while Norway’s “harder line” may have prolonged the lives of old people, he added that the model of “long, hard lockdowns” that was inspired by Italy and China made Sweden “the contrast they did not want”. Sweden “forced them to explain to their citizens why they acted as they did,” the epidemiologist explained. “For these people, it would have been better if everyone had done the same”.

#87 2023-05-25 13:46:51

Mars_B4_Moon

Human Trial of mRNA Universal Flu Vaccine Begins
https://science.slashdot.org/story/23/0 … s#comments

WHO recommends new COVID-19 shots should target only XBB variants
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir … -1.6409130

The great Victorian budget mystery: who will repay its massive ‘Covid debt’?
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n … covid-debt

DeSantis hits Biden over COVID-19 vaccine mandates with ‘Warp Speed’ play
https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/desantis- … -mandates/

RFK Jr.’s unorthodox presidential bid exposes America’s deep dissatisfaction with Biden
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … es-americ/

In between jobs at the moment Jacinda Ardern speaks at 76th WHO assembly
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/in-bet … P2U6IFCQI/
Former Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern reflected on her time as head of the country during the Covid-19 pandemic.

World must prepare for disease more deadly than Covid, WHO chief warns
https://www.aol.com/world-must-prepare- … 59777.html

Very little update on Dianna Cowern's pages aka 'thephysicsgirl'

She was hospitalized with symptoms of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), a condition associated with her 'Long COVID'

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2023-05-25 13:51:56)

#88 2023-05-26 10:21:07

Mars_B4_Moon

Radio star Mel Greig chronically ill and sick from vaccines and Covid
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a … Covid.html
recently revealed that she's been sick for the past 12 months from both Covid and adverse reactions to Covid vaccines.

Class action lawsuit over Covid vaccine injuries targets the Australian government: 'There has been a cover-up'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … cines.html

EU, Pfizer/Biontech to amend COVID vaccine contract
https://www.reuters.com/business/health … 023-05-26/

Landlords still face difficult COVID-era restrictions | Opinion
https://news.yahoo.com/landlords-still- … 08712.html
Cincinnati attorneys who represent landlords continue to battle implacable COVID-era restrictions

Medical Clinic Treating People Injured by COVID Shot Opens in Italy
https://www.globalresearch.ca/medical-c … ly/5801056

#89 2023-05-27 15:10:00

Mars_B4_Moon

The pandemic is officially over, downgraded

"NOBODY IS SAFE!" news broadcasts

https://twitter.com/0rf/status/1660067082220838916

This virus and the responses will be studied for years to come.

they now warn over a new Covid-X
World Health Organization warns the next pandemic will be far more deadly than Covid-19
https://www.ladbible.com/news/who-warns … ource=lboz

The above 'Nobody is Safe' video comes with Beethoven Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement, kind of ironic since Beethoven was one of the many to die of illness, symptoms including fever, jaundice and dropsy, with swollen limbs, coughing and breathing difficulties I think he lived to 56 years of age which is kind of long lived for that time. I wonder what a younger more strong Beethoven would have thought of 'Covid' in past eras they came across more fatal events like the Black Death, the Spanish Flu or the Plague, in past time a Plague was known for causing the deaths of 75–200 million people when Earth had a far lower population, Covid-19 may have killed 5 million or maybe 8 million or 17 million to 23 million or maybe 6 million, nobody is really sure since we are much older and a lot of people might have been sick with underlying conditions before they died and if they coughed a few times and Covid was detected in the air it was counted as a Covid Death. A crazy video but it helps you reflect on the era of fear that was pushed and how they divide classes of people, do you have your latest booster passport? It is insane how this event divided people in the United States America and across the world and at the same time they often encouraged rioting and de-funding police.

The truth of it is not all vaccines were 'great' some worked better than others, then after a while some vaccines barely worked at all but they encouraged you to still take a vaccine that stopped working and the over the top news broadcasts have probably given paranoid Anti-Vaccine people ammunition for years to come.

and on top of all this NewsMedia they would put police brutality video on a hypnotism Loop, they would keep playing that knee on the head video on repeat like some kind of human sacrifice ritual. Sports people stopped singing the national anthem and started to take a knee, some American's got annoyed by the whole thing, there was no correct side, left, right, you were wrong according to someone so they boo'ed their own teams at the Olympics. During Corona or the spread of Covid-19 the news encouraged the USA and people of the Western world to go out and riot and Loot and Burn and Murder in their own cities, for a criminal guy George Floyd during a Covid Lockdown, there was Police Brutal but media they encouraged break away socialist kingdoms called the 'Chaz' or the 'Chop' over one full year of protest or riots or shouting in the whole of the United States from May 2020 to  May 2021, business trashed, and looting and murder and $1–2 billion in insured damages in the United States, the riots politically encouraged and supported in the middle of a global pandemic.

In the end it did not matter Red or Blue because all States had people dying,
Blue California 101,000 +
Red Texas    92,000 +
Red Florida    88,000 +
Blue New York 77,000 +
Tens of thousands in each State counted as part of the Dead

This 2021 article blames Trump

World’s worst pandemic leaders: 5 presidents and prime ministers who badly mishandled Covid
https://news.yahoo.com/world-worst-pand … 17480.html

However is Biden also so blameless since he got a series of Vaccine from Trump, some might have been ok, some less than good, some worked but if you look at the Death 700,000 + Americans have died from Covid-19 under the Presidential Admin of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

The USA had a very high level of death but so did India, France, Brazil and if counted per millions of population, many ex-Soviet East European countries had this resistance to following rules. Maybe it was a cultural thing places that do not trust their government and places in South America like Peru had the highest percentage of death. How accurate were the counts, for example if a Russian got blown up in Ukraine and coughed before he died then did some of Putin's friends count it as a 'Covid Death' for example? The USA's death rate was especially high ranking at 15th worst among the rest of the world but it was not the worst. Some places like 'San Marino' made calculated moves locking down but then allowing a less fatal variant to burn through the population and succeed in herd immunity, a tactic which Sweden tried early but perhaps failed as it spread into nursing homes giving it worse numbers than its Nordic neighbors.

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2023-05-27 16:00:21)

#90 2023-06-13 22:05:36

SpaceNut
Administrator

Machine learning reveals how to prevent COVID-19 from ever returning

The study revealed that individual factors, such as age, weight, and the presence of other diseases, heavily influence which drug combinations most effectively stifle the return of the virus.

Sounds like data analysis when data is nonexistent...

#91 2023-06-18 06:07:15

Mars_B4_Moon

COVID left millions without full sense of taste, smell, study says. Can anything help?
https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronav … 50941.html

The pandemic is over, says German health minister
https://www.politico.eu/article/coronav … -lockdown/

disinfo?

older article

The claim: mRNA vaccines are in the food supply
https://usatoday.com/story/news/factche … 218991002/
A Jan. 12 Truth Press article expounds upon a post by a critic of mRNA vaccines.
“Dr. Malone: MRNA Vaccines Are Being Injected Into Our Food Supply,” reads the article's headline. It refers to a Jan. 11 Substack post from Dr. Robert Malone, a former vaccine scientist who now campaigns against mRNA vaccines.

#92 2023-06-18 08:17:07

SpaceNut
Administrator

I think everyone wants any virus to just go away but the reality is we are going to need to learn that while it's not considered life its getting darn close to being just that.
We can go back to not caring about others when it comes to having such a virus and go around spreading it like wildfire or we can wise up and do the right thing when sick.

#93 2023-06-25 02:43:39

Mars_B4_Moon

Nationwide study of Korea reveals new insights into deaths from vaccination-related myocarditis

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/adva … 39/7188747

#94 2023-08-06 07:58:25

Mars_B4_Moon

Representatives from Pfizer and Moderna ‘put under the microscope’

https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/outs … 85f4cdcd2e

The truth about myocarditis and Covid vaccines: After Bronny James' cardiac arrest and Elon Musk pushing anti-vaxx theory, leading doctors insist jabs are NOT to blame

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti … james.html

First the anti-vaxxers jumped on Christian Eriksen, alleging the Covid vaccines were to blame when the Danish footballer suffered a cardiac arrest at Euro 2020

#95 2023-08-14 19:13:26

Mars_B4_Moon

New Zealand, whose pandemic response was closely watched, removes last of COVID-19 restrictions

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi … -102244837

#96 2023-09-20 16:42:22

SpaceNut
Administrator

We are in the next cycle of mutation and infection of COVID-19 but I just found a movie
https://youtu.be/Jo4Er9Jnysg?si=VPpOol_xGuAbe5Lo
COVID-21

#97 2023-11-23 20:44:42

Mars_B4_Moon

Dogs in Several States Are Coming Down With a Mysterious Illness

https://gizmodo.com/mystery-respiratory … 1851036041

#98 2024-01-03 20:34:29

Mars_B4_Moon

Fauci Faces Questions; Benefits of 'Dry January'; Resort Linked With Legionnaires
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious … d19/108104

Trudeau said Truckers were also sexists and 'Nazis'

Canada right to use emergency powers on truckers: probe
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 … kers-probe

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/aus … /p5p3qwihv
Australia's COVID cases are rising in the lead-up to New Year's

Posts mislead on New Zealand Covid vaccine exemptions
https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.34847UX

What lessons have we learned from the COVID pandemic?
https://www.npr.org/2023/04/25/11720320 … iden-trump

The nonpartisan Covid Crisis Group took matters into its own hands.

investigative report, titled "Lessons from the Covid War: An Investigative Report."

Former NIH Director Says Ignoring 'Collateral Damage' Inflicted by COVID-19 Policies Was 'Unfortunate'
https://townhall.com/columnists/jacobsu … n-n2633099

a look back

Empty because of the pandemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwClyd2lHWo

Board footer