New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2002-06-10 14:15:59

nirgal
Banned

Re: Space Island Group - Building ET stations in LEO

Click this link and tell me what you think about it! Personally, I think it's a brilliant idea and I hope they succeed. smile

#2 2002-06-10 16:18:03

Phobos

Looks like an innovative use of expended fuel tanks.  Will they have to pay NASA to unload those things where they want them?  I didn't think NASA would be accomodating of private ventures like this, I hope it pans out.  I hope they cut some holes in the tanks though to make windows.  It's gonna be a lousy spacestation, not to mention a very lousy space hotel, if there's no windows. But in any case I guess it's a start. smile

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

#3 2002-06-11 02:24:08

Shaun Barrett

I love it!! But how will they raise the money? "Roton" had a comparatively conservative program to create a cheaper, better launch system, and they went broke.
                                     ???

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

Board footer