New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-10-12 19:42:25

Free Spirit
Banned

Re: Will the Cubs escape the curse? - Will they make it to the World Series?

Woohoo, the Cubs better wrap this thing up in game six or my body is going to explode from the adrenaline overload.  Hopefully Beckett misses his next flight to Chicago.  Go Cubs! big_smile

My people don't call themselves Sioux or Dakota.  We call ourselves Ikce Wicasa, the natural humans, the free, wild, common people.  I am pleased to call myself that.  -Lame Deer

#2 2003-10-12 21:05:46

Palomar

*Uh-oh...

I know a certain someone here (name withheld until and if he wishes to "out" himself) who seems to be a huge Marlins fan...

...and I don't care for sports so I'm staying out of it!!!  :laugh:

Just a precautionary note from yours truly.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#3 2003-10-13 08:00:58

Byron

Go Marlins!  All you Cub fans out there...you'd better hold on for the ride...lol.. big_smile

World Series...here we come!

B

#4 2003-10-14 21:34:41

Earthfirst

Who cares about the cubs, I dont. Why because I am a Diamondback Fan.
Get over your selfs cub fans, there are no shuch this as curses, warewolfs, vampires, bad luck, or Hilary Clinton as prisdent. You just have to realize that the cubs have suck for a long time. There is no curse only your missed placed love of a bad team. It just happened about non they got a decent team for once, all they have to do is win, if they screw up its there fault not a curse.
It reminds of the 2001 world series, after 9/11 everyone in america execpt ARIZONA threw there suport to the New York Yankes. I rember how every thought that the yankes deserved to win, so that new york could heal. But the yankes blow it they played bad and lost it for all the dead fire men, citzeen heros and such. Well just because every one in America thought that new york deserved to win doesn't mean that the diamond backs were just going to fold over and give it to them, they fought hard and won. In a way the only people that deserved to win are those who win, so cub fans dont be bring up a curse if they lose. I rember on the news how sad there were about the yankees losing, and how they insulted all Arizonains by calls the state nothing but worth desert and dump rednecks and mexicans. But as a native Arizonian and Dbacks fan I dint care, Because we were the champions and new york was the loser. They lost it for the lost it for all the people who dead on 9/11, in a way the did deserved to loose because they thought they deserved to win.
Screw Rosses O Doland, and the people on the coasts you can dis middle America all you want, but are president bush is runing the show, and you cant stand it. In a way justice was served that day, and I wont cry boo hoo if the cubs loose. They will only have my respect if they win!

I love plants!

#5 2003-10-14 22:48:12

Free Spirit
Banned

Cindy's not kidding, there will be no shortage of Marlin steaks to go around tomorrow.  If the spectators wouldn't have screwed up that catch tonight the Marlins would've already been on the grill.  As for the diamondbacks, they're just another mediocre backwoods Mcteam that lacks the rich history of a franchise like the Cubs.  The diamondbacks are a team that few could love or hate.  I do like that new stadium they built though.  I'll visit it sometime when the Cubs arrive to do some baseball practice for the real games.

My people don't call themselves Sioux or Dakota.  We call ourselves Ikce Wicasa, the natural humans, the free, wild, common people.  I am pleased to call myself that.  -Lame Deer

#6 2003-10-15 05:59:32

Byron

there will be no shortage of Marlin steaks to go around tomorrow

Better think again, buddy..lol... big_smile   Forget about the "curse"...forget about who's the "better" team...the fact is, the Marlins can play under pressure and the Cubs can't.  We've been there before, and we're going to do it again....there ain't no stopping us now!  We have *destiny* on our side.

The big fish that rules the sea....Go Marlins!   

B

Board footer