New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#2226 2022-11-21 17:17:37

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Politics

You could say that The story behind the Statue of Liberty’s unexpected transformation into a beacon for refugees and immigrants

They all came at that point with just the clothes on the back crossing the border into America.

#2227 2022-11-21 19:50:48

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

When the Statue of Liberty was created, there were no free this / that / the other handouts from the government.  You worked for your next meal or you starved to death, even in America.  That has changed between now and the time that the statute of Lady Liberty was erected.  Go back to the America that existed when she was created / erected, and we don't have a problem.

#2228 2022-11-21 23:03:25

Calliban

kbd512 wrote:

SpaceNut,

When the Statue of Liberty was created, there were no free this / that / the other handouts from the government.  You worked for your next meal or you starved to death, even in America.  That has changed between now and the time that the statute of Lady Liberty was erected.  Go back to the America that existed when she was created / erected, and we don't have a problem.

There is a quote that goes something along the lines of 'Democracy dies, when the electorate realise that they can grant themselves gifts from the public purse.'

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#2229 2022-11-21 23:07:15

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

That is why the public and the politicians should question the hell out of every government expenditure.  There are so many places government has inserted itself where it clearly does not belong.  It needs to stop before the ongoing disaster becomes permanent.  Government's duty is not provide that which you can provide for yourself.

#2230 2022-11-23 15:55:09

Calliban

One rule for us, another for the goyim.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/howls … n-dealbook

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#2231 2022-12-08 05:06:29

Calliban

Germany arrests dozens for plotting to overthrow the government
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ger … government

This is how ticked off the Germans are getting.  Who can blame them?  Unfortunately, the powers that be are powerful.  The people are going to have to wait until functioning government breaks down before they have a shot at organising something better.

#2232 2022-12-08 08:45:16

kbd512
Administrator

Calliban,

I saw this movie before, but it didn't end well for the Germans, nor anyone else in Europe for that matter.  I don't blame the people for being angry at their government for failing to prepare or act intelligently, but they elected the ideologically mentally disabled clowns who represent them.  It's a tough break, but President Trump warned them about what would happen.  They scoffed at him for doing what any true ally would do.  After that, we elected a bevy of brain dead morons to represent Americans, because "muh TDS".

Unfortunately for everyone, TDS had real consequences.  Think about how silly this is.  Republicans elected a lifelong Democrat and the Democrats lost their minds.  Now we're living in clown world.  If the clowns are upset with the results, then maybe they should've voted for someone who was minimally capable of leading.  Elections have consequences.  You can vote in totalitarianism, but you can't vote it out, because that's not how totalitarianism works.

#2233 2022-12-15 03:08:12

Calliban

Biden seems determined to ruin America.
https://www.zerohedge.com/sponsored-pos … und-dollar

As I write, the BRICS countries are launching an asset backed currency that is intended to attack the dollar's position as the currency of global trade.  This could severely damage the status of the US Dollar as the principal global reserve currency.  Now Biden has given the world a solid reason to dump the dollar.  He is turning it into a tool for mass surveilance.  This is a deliberate attack on the US currency system that will incentivise the rest of the world to find an alternative.  He is doing this at a time of great vulnerability.  If the dollar is dumped, it will be much more expensive for the US government to borrow.  And the world will be hooked on a currency controlled by China.  What is wrong with the man?  Is he derranged?

Jim Rickards' original piece on the issue of the digital dollar.
https://pro.paradigmnewsletters.org/p/a … ull?h=true

Central banks are doing this everywhere.  It marks the death of all human freedom.

Last edited by Calliban (2022-12-15 03:48:33)

#2234 2022-12-17 02:50:58

Calliban

Leftists aren't capable of surviving economic collapse.  Here's why:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/lef … -heres-why

The people that want to break the system, are the ones least capable of surviving without it.  They tend to have no practical skills, seeing themselves as managers, rather than do'ers.  They have delusions of grandure.  When things go wrong, they don't ask what they can do to survive.  Instead, they look around for someone to blame.  People with this mindset can only thrive in a first world environment, where everything is provided for them.  Remove this and they are lost. 

As the old saying goes: 'Hard times, breed hard men.  Hard men create good times.  Good times breed soft men.  Soft men make hard times.'

Last edited by Calliban (2022-12-17 03:00:03)

#2235 2022-12-17 13:02:57

Void

My thoughts, if you can put up with it.

If it were possible to have every citizen have proper object manipulation and people manipulation skills, we might be very productive, provided that the individuals had some sort of self-awareness, and understanding also.  In my culture for some time is has been attempted to use verbal hive mind methods to control the society.  The directors on high whoever they might be might use such verbal machinery to also then control the object manipulating actors.

But now object manipulation is more complex than simply turning dirt over with a stick to plant a crop.

Curiously the left-wing white collars, if unchecked would get us right back into the dirt if they could.  I think that they are not conscious of it.  But consider that their best tricks are to convince thug types of object manipulators to attack those who prosper, to reduce the prosperity.  It is to some degree simple jealousy, I think.  Sure, there is loot to take, but these ignorant Verbals, simply are a machine to propagate their types of genes and memes.  They are essentially verbal predators.  They "farm" other people using words to manipulate them.  First the "Others" need to be demonized, and then they can become suitable for the slaughter.

I think I saw online a supposed statement from a young male, that "There is enough money for everyone".   Such a person has no concept of what wealth is or how it is accumulated, and the social manipulations that are proper to stimulate productive object manipulations that produce the hard truth of wealth.  So, then if there is that much money, then those who have it and refuse to share it for no quid pro quo, become evil.  And so, at some point the brutal conflict is summoned, to take forcibly from those holding wealth of delayed consumption.

But there are too many of the older generations still alive, so I think "Z" will be held in check for a time, and it is possible that they will wake up, at least some of them.

It is totally immoral, and against the interests of the human race as a whole, let alone those who toil to actually produce wealth.

Done.

Last edited by Void (2022-12-17 13:20:02)

Done.

#2236 2022-12-19 05:10:14

Calliban

This is the sort of vulgarity that British people have descended into.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ … llend-year

Oddly reminiscent of Hate Week.

#2237 2022-12-19 08:11:21

Void

I am somewhat ignorant; it needs to be understood.  I googled "Hate Week".  Well, that could serve a social purpose, by providing a release of an archaic unconscious group behavior.  Sports can be useful for that also I think, other than actually I do think the physical fitness is a good thing.  Of course, eating chips on a couch while watching sports is not physical fitness.

Cultural differences exist:

Bellend

I looked it up.  But though they do not care, would these people understand that it is unknown how a different culture would receive this?  Check Japan for instance.

There is some humor about it, some danger as well.

I consider that the emergence of the masculine is probable.  This might be a problem for the peoples along the line of Dublin, London, Paris, Rome, Athens, Cairo>>>.  Although I am far less sure of the "Eastern Athens and Cairo>>>.

In my opinion we are emerging from an era of the exploitation of male sexuality.  The we, would be one of the concepts of what is "West".  That one has never been my culture, although I have been a victim of it.

Putin might be amused, or possibly even honored.  It is "Hard" to say.

But the people doing that probably don't care, and I am at a loss to understand what they are trying to get at.

My "West" is more the Atlantic Coast of Europe, and hopefully the USA.  I do think that the other one is good in its way, but it lacks balance, and I am not sure that we have the ability to keep unity with it anymore.  The Atlantic version in Europe is of value, but not perfected.  We have a lot of it in the America's.  It does after all encompass the notion of European from Iberia in the Atlantic, and the Artic Coast which is in the Pacific. smile

Ethnographically what I have said is true.

Geography is somewhat an illusion.

What has been done is really wrong.  It was the intention not to glorify the Club Med, over the Atlanteans.  (Not those Atlanteans).

The Goddess figure of Club Med, is unbalanced without us.  I am really of the opinion that unity among them will be lost.

A culture where a few pretty boys at the top, are in mutuality of the common females of the herds, in order to exploit the common male, is far out of balance at this point, I think.

But I do not even trust my analysis entirely and there are quite a few mines in the ground, so it is unwise to then further walk in this thinking.  Not desiring to stir up useless turmoil.

I guess that like a high temperature, this simply has to pass with time.  The fever is getting pretty high at this point.

I have been told that they do love to make examples.  It is best to simply do nothing about it if you cannot be assured of doing some good.

Done.

Last edited by Void (2022-12-19 08:36:32)

Done.

#2238 2022-12-29 15:56:05

SpaceNut
Administrator

Summary article about what’s in the $1.7 trillion federal spending bill

This is huge in that is 4,155-page, $1.7 trillion government funding bill released by Congress

Finally getting Trumps taxes have shown he was a bigger security risk than we realized pages of revelations, it is the new details about his foreign entanglements that are most frightening from the vantage point of our national security.

The tax returns reveal that Trump had foreign bank accounts from 2015 to 2020. These include a bank account in China from 2015 to 2017, which reportedly is connected to Trump International Hotels Management business in China. The tax returns also showed that Trump had business dealings in Azerbaijan, Brazil, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Georgia, Grenada, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Mexico, Panama, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, South Korea, St. Maarten, St. Vincent, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.

The complex conflicts of having so much power to shield while enriching your pockets.

#2239 2023-01-12 12:19:14

Mars_B4_Moon

Border Security Politics?

Several Kilos of Uranium Shipment Originating from Pakistan and Sent to UK-Based Iranians Seized at Heathrow Airport,
https://www.ibtimes.sg/several-kilos-ur … hrow-68528

Counter-terrorism police investigate after uranium seized at Heathrow
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … t-heathrow

#2240 2023-01-12 18:59:57

SpaceNut
Administrator

I see that big news of documents being found and not returned is making into the news even thou they were secured from what is being reported. Such advance sleepy joe syndrome is to blame and lack of oversight of them is another.

This is just plain stupid all the way around.

More classified documents found at president's home marked as classified.

Five other classified papers were found at the President's home in Wilmington.

This is a huge failure of the National archive and security systems in need of upgrade to track where these are...

I also see that the calls for Santo's are getting louder from both parties, and they are not even sure that his name is that to boot...

Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., has invited President Biden to deliver his State of the Union address to Congress on February 7.

edit update

As bad as Trump stepped into the document control issue it seems that Biden has been just as bad at handling them.

One article calls it the swamp is coming for him while more classified documents have been found in his home.

update
Seems that a few days is all that is needed to have some come to their senses but then they go off about how Trump was raided.

House Republican undercuts furor over Biden docs scandal: 'Every president has accidentally taken documents'

The difference is willing to return them without questions after they are found by others. As a result, Trump told his lawyers he had none that stopped any such cooperation via those other means and caused force to go after them following tips that they were being moved around and hidden. Still to this day he is claiming that they are all his to which they are not.

#2241 2023-02-07 08:14:43

Calliban

America turns the other butt cheek.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2023-02- … butt-cheek

The Chinese are are already waging a cold war against the US.  They are using state espionge to steal military secrets.  They are flying surveillance balloons over US territory.  They are stealing intellectual property and using export subsidies to drive American firms under, so they can capture strategic industries.  They are the providers of the fentinyl that is causing thousands of premature deaths in the US every year.

The US has awoken to the reality that China is a strategic threat.  The trade restrictions, along with China's internal demographic decline and declining energy resources, will probably implode the Chinese economy over the next decade.  This explains why the US government has not taken more direct military action to contain the Chinese threat.  They know that they can wait it out.

#2242 2023-02-10 19:33:53

Mars_B4_Moon

More 'objects' in news media but not sure if Chinese Weather Balloon or something else from some other place?

Canada's Trudeau says he supported U.S. decision to shoot down object
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/canadas- … 17013.html

US shoots down 'high-altitude object' over Alaska, White House says
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-shoo … d=97040022

Russia, China, India, Afghanistan, Europe news is now replaced by conspiracy UFO UAP gossip on twitter
https://twitter.com/TitterNightly/statu … 3441893377

According to the news, the object in Alaska shot down today was cylindrical, silver gray, with no sign of visible propulsion...

High Altitude so I assume its not a birthday balloon or cheap drone you buy at Walmart

he says it was at 40,000 ft and could be a threat to civilian flight

News headlines are all 'UFO'

Former Congressman Wonders if Object Shot Down Over Alaska Is Alien UFO
https://www.newsweek.com/former-congres … fo-1780528
Harold Ford Jr. on Alaska UFO: It seems like the Biden admin dribbles out information
https://www.foxnews.com/video/6320124115112
U.S. says it shot down car-sized UFO over Alaska
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/u-says-shot-d … 13092.html

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2023-02-10 19:37:48)

#2243 2023-02-11 06:50:56

Mars_B4_Moon

Mysterious Green Lasers Over Hawaii Were Likely From Chinese Satellite

https://www.newsweek.com/mysterious-gre … sa-1780468

#2244 2023-02-11 22:59:59

Mars_B4_Moon

'Per NPR, the US does not yet know exactly what the object is, but describe it as smaller than the balloon that floated over the US last week. The waters off Alaska are frozen, so officials are hoping to recover the object.'

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu … 8840790021

#2245 2023-02-12 08:20:01

Mars_B4_Moon

Local maritime authorities in East China's Shandong Province announced on Sunday that they had spotted an unidentified flying object in waters near the coastal city of Rizhao in the province and were preparing to shoot it down, reminding fishermen to be safe via messages.

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/sta … 6057803776

#2246 2023-02-13 20:49:15

SpaceNut
Administrator

Say what from McCarthy calls for resignation of Architect of Capitol

Brett Blanton to step down or be removed by President Biden, adding to bipartisan outrage over an inspector general report that found he misused a government vehicle and allegedly impersonated a law enforcement officer, among other ethics issues.

#2247 2023-02-13 21:24:36

kbd512
Administrator

SpaceNut,

Wow.  Brett Blanton "misused a government vehicle"?  That's the crime of the century right there.

How about Hunter Biden riding with his daddy on Air Force One to China?

How about Mayor Pete using government jets for his private trips?

Why is nobody demanding his resignation?

Oh, that's right, he's a Democrat.  Laws only apply to Democrats' political enemies.

#2248 2023-02-14 20:23:11

Mars_B4_Moon

Founder of Goldman Sachs-backed tech company is charged with $67 million fraud

https://www.forbes.com.au/news/innovati … ion-fraud/

#2249 2023-02-18 15:40:17

Mars_B4_Moon

North Korea, officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, perhaps Democracy in name only and truly a one-party socialist republic under a totalitarian hereditary cult like Communist Emperor dictatorship

Juche incorporates historical materialist ideas of Marxism–Leninism but also strongly emphasizes the individual, the nation state, and national sovereignty. Juche posits that a country will prosper once it has become self-reliant by achieving political, economic, and military independence. Kimilsungism–Kimjongilism, Juche has been variously described by critics as a quasi-religion, a nationalist ideology, and a deviation from Marxism–Leninism, A number of scholars have described Juche as a quasi-religion and compared its facets to those of pre-existing religions in Korea. Jung Tae-il argues that certain elements of Christianity, Cheondoism, and Confucianism were appropriated by and incorporated into Juche. Korean cultural anthropologists Byung Ho Chung and Heonik Kwon liken the commemorations of Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il to Confucian ancestor worship.

"The Great Leader rules from beyond the grave".
https://web.archive.org/web/20140122054 … 45349.html

more DPRK news

N Korea fires missile after threatening retaliation
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64688514

Last edited by Mars_B4_Moon (2023-02-18 15:40:31)

#2250 2023-02-19 12:19:49

Mars_B4_Moon

U.S. and South Korea stage combined air drill a day after North Korea missile launch
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/nort … -rcna71361

North Korea says latest missile launch demonstrates its 'powerful physical nuclear deterrent'
https://news.sky.com/story/north-korea- … t-12815105

North Korea and Russia are ramping up trade in oil, coal and weapons as Ukraine war sanctions send Moscow to pariah state
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/north-korea-r … 39724.html

Board footer