New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2023-01-04 08:18:34

tahanson43206

Long Service Awards NewMars Forum Recognition Registration

In working on SpaceNut's Email Outreach Campaign, I've been brought into contact with members of the First Wave, such as RobertDyck.

I've been citing Member #274 for comparison with the member numbers of some of the early participants in the NewMars venture.

Member #274 Registered 2002-08-20

We are just a few months past 20 years of service to NewMars.com/forums ....

I'm inviting our members with image skills to post a 20 Year Anniversary Watch image in honor of the many thousands of posts by RobertDyck, and for his substantial contribution to the prospect of large scale space travel.

At the same time, we have members with skill in wordcraft, and invite everyone so inclined to provide a post in recognition of the years of service by RobertDyck.

(th)

#2 2023-01-04 20:13:09

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Long Service Awards NewMars Forum Recognition Registration

We do have this other topic Memorial to past contributors in Free chat

#3 2023-01-04 20:23:41

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #2

Thank you for helping with recognition of RobertDyck's 20 year active and productive tenure with NewMars.

The Memorial to Past Contributors topic is a great place to put memorials to past contributors who are no longer with us.

RobertDyck is most definitely STILL with us!!!!

If this were a corporation, the Long Service Awards committee would be organizing a celebratory dinner (or at least a lunch) and offering RobertDyck his choice of gifts to remember the achievement.

While NewMars has no funds to create physical gifts, we ** do ** have (almost) boundless imagination, so I expect (and look forward to) imaginative "gifts" from our current members with the appropriate talents.

An image of a nice watch would be an example.

In the case of RobertDyck, a gift with a space motif would seem appropriate.

(th)

#4 2023-08-18 21:38:35

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut ....

Your 20th Anniversary is coming up in less than one Earth year....

We opened this topic with recognition of the 20th anniversary of Registration of RobertDyck.

Not a great deal happened in the open forum. I hope that private messages of congratulations flowed freely.

We have almost a year to prepare for your anniversary.

(th)

Board footer