New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#376 2022-11-24 11:11:07

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Putin's Russian expanding to be the old USSR

Welcome back Yuri Pilipishin, and I hope that you will continue to do so. Wishing you a well and stable condition throughout your ordeal.

#377 2022-11-24 11:23:41

Yuri Pilipishin
Website

SpaceNut wrote:

Welcome back Yuri Pilipishin, and I hope that you will continue to do so. Wishing you a well and stable condition throughout your ordeal.

Thank you. I read your forums sometimes, and it was interesting to read this topic about Russian - Ukrainian war. I'll try to write something again, if I'll have something that could be disclosed.

#378 2022-11-24 16:04:41

Void

Yuri Pilipishin,

To start with I would like to not be offensive towards someone from a different culture which I may not understand well enough.  So, I apologize if that is needed.

As for the fault line, I actually indicate the fault line between the western and eastern Roman empire heritage.  It is my feeling that my people are not careful enough to understand that our definition of how things should be are not the same as peoples with more distant roots.

You will see why I thought that Slav and Slave had a relationship, in this article perhaps: https://isi.org/intercollegiate-review/ … d-slavery/

So, I will talk a bit if you can tolerate it about my own personal thinking, why I like wild people more than civilized people, unless the wild people are more dangerous than the so-called civilized people.

I think that agricultures results may have been an evil we had to pass through to get to the now, but I have no love for the cultures that used to take slaves.  But I understand that slavery appeared in most or all cultures in some form or another.

Agriculture led to the major cities that built monuments that impress many people.  I had a friend now passed however who indicated that the British built with wood, quite often.  So, they did not leave behind so many stone monuments.

Three main peoples are supposed to have formed the current, populations that we call Europeans.
Hunter Gatherers,
Farmer Peoples.
People from the Steppes.

Frankly I have a strong annoyance with the cities of Dublin>London>Paris>Rome>Athens>Cairo, and maybe some other ones........

In my opinion the agricultural abundance of that line and the hyper cities that occurred because of it, led to Hierarchies, and such that held the human race in bondage.  The Religions of these places were both good and bad.  They did deal in the written word. Library has value.  But they do tend to stagnate the human race in my opinion, as the keep circling back to old things, as means of material power.

I believe that my nation was an event that unlocked this problem for a time.  But now I fear that the Farmers have been setting up a Hierarchy on our East Coast and elsewhere, to enslave us.  The pretend to be Americans, in some cases, but do not heed our ways.

While I regard the Russians as rather alien and very dangerous, I do not enjoy the notion of these Farmer cities seeking material power where they do not leave room for people who are not like them to live in their own ways.

While I am not a fan of a renewal of the Soviet Union, for the most part, I also don't want my American republic to be conquered by these people while they are also trying to get the Russians under their thumb.

They are unworthy to rule the world.  They have caused much harm with their words.  But I would not be rid of them, only stop their current conquest attempts.

I hope you can understand that a bit.

Those so called "Civilized Peoples" only became open to the Scientific world, when Columbus touched the New World.  We escaped for a while.  I don't want a new Dark Ages ruled over by these types.

And no, I don't think Columbus intended to upend the world.  It just happened that he and his group accidently provided the escape hatch.

Done.

Last edited by Void (2022-11-24 16:26:00)

Done.

#379 2022-11-24 18:55:50

SpaceNut
Administrator

Yuri Pilipishin, we understand that you cannot give any details that would give away the safety that you have in any way shape or form.

US aid to Ukraine puts pressure on Pentagon's arms stockpile

What happened to increasing production of these?

U.S. defense production lines are not scaled to supply a major land war, and some, like for the Stinger, were previously shut down in 2008.

The Pentagon awarded Raytheon a $624 million contract for 1,300 new Stinger missiles in May, but the company said it will not be able to increase production until next year due to parts shortages.

The military aid packages the U.S. sends either pull inventory from stockpiles or fund contracts with industry to step up production. At least $19 billion in military aid has been committed to date, including 924,000 artillery rounds for 155mm howitzers, more than 8,500 Javelin anti-tank systems, 1,600 Stinger anti-aircraft systems and hundreds of vehicles and drones. It’s also provided advanced air defense systems and 38 HIMARS, although the Pentagon does not disclose how many rounds of ammunition it sends with the rocket systems.

Republicans take control of the House in January. House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy of California, who is seeking to become speaker, has warned that Republicans would not support writing a “blank check” for Ukraine.

#380 2022-11-24 20:13:41

Void

Yuri Pilipishin

I will be very happy to see you post here, as I would be benefited by your interpretation of reality.  I do not yet understand it.

Done.

Done.

Board footer