New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#76 2022-05-23 18:03:57

tahanson43206

Re: TheSpaceShow

May
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome DR. FRANCES ZHU who will discuss the application of motion capture to building space robots. Check out her website, https://franceszhu.space/projects plus this article on motion capture: https://roboticsandautomationnews.com/2 … ots/48592/

May
Wednesday

2. Hotel Mars pre-recorded. See the Upcoming Show Menu at www.thespaceshow.com for details.

May
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back Dr. Matthew Weinzierl with Brendan Rosseau on Harvard launch commercial space courses and more.

May
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome Dr. Will Kinney, University of Buffalo physics professor re his new book and his most interesting work.

About Dr. Kinney and book... Amazon listing ...

An Infinity of Worlds: Cosmic Inflation and the Beginning of the Universe Hardcover – April 5, 2022
by Will Kinney  (Author)
4.0 out of 5 stars    9 ratings
See all formats and editions
Kindle
$14.99
Read with Our Free App

Hardcover
$24.49
23 Used from $16.59
36 New from $15.99
What happened before the primordial fire of the Big Bang: a theory about the ultimate origin of the universe.

In the beginning was the Big Bang: an unimaginably hot fire almost fourteen billion years ago in which the first elements were forged. The physical theory of the hot nascent universe—the Big Bang—was one of the most consequential developments in twentieth-century science. And yet it leaves many questions unanswered: Why is the universe so big? Why is it so old? What is the origin of structure in the cosmos? In An Infinity of Worlds, physicist Will Kinney explains a more recent theory that may hold the answers to these questions and even explain the ultimate origins of the universe: cosmic inflation, before the primordial fire of the Big Bang.

Kinney argues that cosmic inflation is a transformational idea in cosmology, changing our picture of the basic structure of the cosmos and raising unavoidable questions about what we mean by a scientific theory. He explains that inflation is a remarkable unification of inner space and outer space, in which the physics of the very large (the cosmos) meets the physics of the very small (elementary particles and fields), closing in a full circle at the first moment of time. With quantum uncertainty its fundamental feature, this new picture of cosmic origins introduces the possibility that the origin of the universe was of a quantum nature.

Kinney considers the consequences of eternal cosmic inflation. Can we come to terms with the possibility that our entire observable universe is one of infinitely many, forever hidden from our view?

Read more

(th)

#77 2022-05-30 19:09:22

tahanson43206

May 30, 2022

The Space Show is an educational forum promoting space exploration as a path to creating a thriving future through the enormous potentials afforded by off-earth opportunities. The Space Show is committed to advancing integrity and responsibility both in our off-earth conduct and in the potential long range consequences of our actions in space. The Space Show believes that the dreams of space today are the reality of tomorrow.
Our Programs For This Week

May
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back BOB ZIMMERMAN for news and updates you won't hear anyplace else.

June
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): Open Lines today. Lots to talk about. Join us. Call 1-866-687-7223.

(th)

#78 2022-06-07 17:17:24

tahanson43206

June
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back DR. PATRICK COLLINS from Japan, on tourism, SSP, geo-political developments and lunar development.

June
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: JOHN JOSSY joins us to talk ISDC 2022 and more.

June
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): Currently waiting on guest invitation acceptance. Fall back will be special Open Lines discussion. Check later in the week for updates on the Upcoming Show Menu on our website. Call 1-866-687-7223.

(th)

#79 2022-06-13 18:23:05

tahanson43206

The Space Show for the coming week:

June
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome DR. FRANCES ZHU who will discuss the application of motion capture to building space robots. Check out her website, https://franceszhu.space/projects plus this article on motion capture: https://roboticsandautomationnews.com/2 … ots/48592/

June
Wednesday

2. Hotel Mars pre-recorded. See the Upcoming Show Menu at www.thespaceshow.com for details.

June
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome Sir Martin Reese and his co-author Donald Goldsmith to discuss their new book, "The End Of Astronauts: Why Robots Are The Future Of Exploration."

June
Sunday

(th)

#80 2022-06-16 09:31:45

tahanson43206

Executive Director James Burk gave an interview on The Space Show recently ...

The show is available for anyone to hear at thespaceshow.com.

Here is a copy (if the paste works) of comments made following the presentation ...;

I should point out that the voice of reason you will see is a medical doctor who frequently contributes to The Space Show on space related themes.

OR SIGN UP WITH DISQUS

Name

Email

Password

Please access our Privacy Policy to learn what personal data Disqus collects and your choices about how it is used. All users of our service are also subject to our Terms of Service.

I'd rather post as a guest

J FIncannon • a month ago
The guest seems to have the same idea about the safety of Mars life as Zubrin. Even John Hunt did not suggest that this was a problem area about humans going to Mars. Pretty weird. After the Pandemic, one would think people would be a little more cautious. The guest suggests its not so hard for microbes to be transferred from Mars to Earth or visa versa (typical Zubrinian Canadian geese fashion). He should look at papers documenting all the challenges to that. Very hard, but non-zero probability. Still, NASA and the Mars Society seem to think the best approach is to send humans there to find extant Mars life. I would hope someone has enough sense to send robotic landers there first to at least try to find extant Mars life, even if they only use a microscope. But since we have no idea how big they are, hopefully we have some clever instrument.
And then if they find it, they should expose the Mars life to Earth life and see if the one damn thing eats the other. Its fair if the Earth life can eat the Mars life as long as the Earth life remains Earth life. If the Earth life is promptly eaten, maybe the next step is to test Mars life sterilization techniques since we have no idea if anything we have from Earth can work on them.

But all this kumbaya stuff about Mars is a little unrealistic. Still, I suppose the Mars Society cannot go around pointing out how deadly dangerous this all is. Just how some day millions of people will be there.

Share ›
Mark Europe • a month ago
Mars gravity is 38% g. It seems essential for human health, not only reproduction. What other human health-related factors would produce bad outcomes if reduced to 38% of their typical values? How about 38% atmospheric pressure without a spacesuit? 38% of protection against GCR and other space-related radiation? 38% of Earth's typical atmospheric concentration of oxygen? 38% of typical water intake? 38% typical food intake? 38% typical sleep time? Anything else? All those factors are dissimilar, but 38% gravity doesn't seem very appealing to me. Maybe gravity is different, but it was a constant throughout entire evolution of life on Earth.

Share ›
DougSpace  Mark Europe • 11 days ago
It is an interesting way of looking at it. The best simulation that we have for zero gee is 6° head down bedrest. I believe that for the Moon it is 9.5° head up and for Mars it is 22° head up. Since the bedrest studies are sedentary studies, my best guess is that partial gravity is like degrees of a sedentary lifestyle. We find that there is an unsurprising dose response in which, the more sedentary you are, the more unhealthy the consequences there are. So, it is the more nebulous question how much unhealthy side effects we are willing to accept.

When it comes to children who have to live their life with those consequences which they did not choose, the standard is higher. Yet parents make choices for their children (e.g. giving an Xbox for their birthday) which we don't make illegal but which have health consequences.

I always want to restate that the question isn't limited to the problem but the problem minus reasonable mitigations. To focus on the problem while ignoring reasonable solutions is being sloppy (i.e. not doing due diligence) at best. It's not a question of 38% gravity alone but 38% gravity plus some reasonable amount of artificial gravity including intermittent full gravity.

Share ›
Mark Europe  DougSpace • 11 days ago
I agree with what you say. Question is if there are some effects of 1g on cells or genes, for example, that you can't make up for with occassional centrifuge spins or more exercise, or even drugs. Maybe cell reprogramming in some further future. And nobody might learn those effects after kids who were born on Mars, say, are 5, 10, or more years old.
Salmonella got more virulent after ISS zero-G exposure, what other effects will their be on microbiome, etc.? Time will tell.

Share ›
DougSpace  Mark Europe • 11 days ago
NASA's twin study showed a good number of genes were being expressed differently comparing 0g with his twin brother's 1 gee. So, we should be able to see the difference in gene expression fairly early on with animal studies and, since their life cycle is faster than that of humans, we'll have some idea if there are risks that might appear in older childhood. However, for private individuals, I think it difficult for governments to prevent their choosing to have children. So my guess is that it will come down to informing parent if the known risks and then they will choose whether or not they will get pregnant. This is first a Mars issue since pregnant women on the Moon can return to Earth
quickly.

DevelopSpace.info/ethics

Share ›
J Fincannon  Mark Europe • a month ago
Oops. I just realized I should have been thinking about it a little different. 38% of pressure and O2 is really a reduction by 62%. I was just looking at it as a 38% reduction. Ha!

So, yes, you are right. That is a challenging number to deal with. Humans are flexible, but not that much!

Share ›
J FIncannon  Mark Europe • a month ago
Also, I am sure that there are people in the world who can survive on 38% of what we in the West eat given I see so many people morbidly obese. Food is difficult to deal with because you need to worry about energy usage (activity) and food content (candy bars vs a steak). Is a pound of cotton candy the same as a pound of steak? Are you lying on the sofa or are running from a lion?

I bet water intake reduction of 38% likely has little affect. You are supposed to drink a half gallon.

As to 38% O2, for the La Paz location, due to O2 dropping off linearly from 100% at 0m altitude to 50% at 5500m, then at their 3869m, they get 36% of the O2 people at 0m altitude get.

Share ›
J Fincannon  Mark Europe • a month ago
Ha! La Paz, Bolivia is at 3869 m altitude. That means it is at 38% (.62 atm) of the 0m altitude/1 atm case.

Share ›
Mark Europe  J Fincannon • a month ago • edited
Ok, that really got me, although there are some unpleasant side-effects, at least in the beginning. Ok, I'm saving my a** here.

Share ›

John Jossy • a month ago
Hi James
I may not be able to call the show so I wanted to post this question on TSS blog. I asked Robert Zubrin this same question the last time he was on The Space Show but he never responded. So I'd like to ask you the same question regarding the human gravity prescription (specifically for reproduction). I’ve never heard it addressed by the Mars Society or Musk. Unless we do ethical clinical research on mammalian reproduction that can be extrapolated to human gestation under 0.38G conditions or titrate which lower gravity level will allow healthy human birth, then space settlement throughout the solar system will be problematic unless it is done in an O’Neill colony spinning at 1G.

There was one presentation out of over 100 at last year’s Mars Society conference dealing tangentially with this issue: TF-5 Humble: A spinning toroidal gravity facility for Mars on Saturday October 16th. A quick internet search found a YouTube video of Humble’s concept:

(th)

#81 2022-06-20 18:03:18

tahanson43206

June
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome PHIL SWAN AND CEANA to discuss their project described at www.project-atlantis.com.

June
Wednesday

June
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back DR. HAYM BENAROYA on lava tubes, possible commercial lunar hab development and more.

June
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): Noted space attorney MICHAEL LISTNER returns for space law, policy and additional relevant updates. Don't miss it.

I recommend: 3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back DR. HAYM BENAROYA

(th)

#82 2022-06-28 17:44:05

tahanson43206

Please note Biosphere II talk ...

June
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back DR. JOHN BRANDENBURG regarding his new sci-fi book just released. In addition, there is new scientific information regarding isotope distributions in the Martian atmosphere that Dr. B wants to tell us about. Knowing Dr. B, there will be lots more discussed on this program.

June
Wednesday

July
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back KAI STAATS, Director of SAM Research @ Biosphere 2, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.

(th)

#83 2022-07-04 18:16:08

tahanson43206

The Space Show Newsletter
Who's On The Space Show This Week

The Space Show Newsletter For The Week Of July 4, 2022

The Space Show is an educational forum promoting space exploration as a path to creating a thriving future through the enormous potentials afforded by off-earth opportunities. The Space Show is committed to advancing integrity and responsibility both in our off-earth conduct and in the potential long range consequences of our actions in space. The Space Show believes that the dreams of space today are the reality of tomorrow.

July
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back BOB ZIMMERMAN for space news, policy and more.

July
Wednesday

July
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back KAI STAATS, Director of SAM Research @ Biosphere 2, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.

July
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome KEN NEBERGALL on Space Settlement per his recent ISDC presentation. See his space settlement focused site at https://macroinvent.com/

(th)

#84 2022-07-11 11:46:03

tahanson43206

The Space Show Newsletter For The Week Of July 11, 2022

Special

July
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome GARY CALNAN of Cislunar Industries.

July
Wednesday

2. Hotel Mars pre-recorded. See the Upcoming Show Menu at www.thespaceshow.com for details. Special Guest is Laura Montgomery, Atty.

July
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back SCOTT STRIDE from JPL. Scott will discuss SETV, UAPs and lots more. Don't miss it.

July
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome Michelle Rouch re her space art, educational outreach and much more. See www.rouch.com for more information.

(th)

#85 2022-07-18 18:23:08

tahanson43206

July
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome DR. DANIEL TOMPKINS of GROWMARS (www.cgarden.org). Living structures that self-replicate.

July
Wednesday

2. Hotel Mars pre-recorded. See the Upcoming Show Menu at www.thespaceshow.com for details. Special Guest is Dr. Harold Connolly re Bennu as a rubble pile.

July
Thursday

3. SPECIAL SHOW: 10 AM PDT; 1 PM EDT: We welcome LORI GARVER to discuss her new book, "Escaping Gravity: My Quest to Transform NASA and Launch a New Space Age."
July
Friday

4.9:30 -11 AM PDT, (12:30-2 PM EDT, 11:30AM - 1PM CDT):We welcome back MIKE SNEAD to discuss the USAF as an aerospace force and much more.

July
Sunday

5. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome back DR. CHRIS MORRISON for a nuclear power, propulsion and fusion energy discussion.

(th)

#86 2022-07-25 19:48:40

tahanson43206

July
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back DR. MIKE GRUNTMAN of USC on his two new books, the Soviet space programs & today's Russian programs plus the space interests of Ukraine and more.

July
Wednesday

2. Hotel Mars pre-recorded. See the Upcoming Show Menu at www.thespaceshow.com for details. Special Guest is Laura Montgomery, Atty.

July
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back DR. PAT PATTERSON to discuss the upcoming SmallSat Conference for 2022. See www.smallsat.org.

July
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome back LORETTA HALL to talk about her latest work and recent ISDC presentation on sleeping in space.

(th)

#87 2022-08-02 17:19:59

tahanson43206

The Space Show Newsletter For The Week Of August 1, 2022

August
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back journalist & writer MARK WHITTINGTON for news perspective on all things space. Don't miss it.

August
Wednesday

August
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome TONY WHITMAN & DARIN NOEL, original team members for the JWST.

August
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome TYLER RYAN BENDER of the Beyond Earth Organization.

(th)

#88 2022-08-08 19:39:23

tahanson43206

August
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back DR. ROBERT ZUBRIN. Take the opportunity to talk with Bob. See his latest article on the Mars Society website, "How To Search For Life On Mars: First, stop refusing to look."

August
Wednesday

August
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome MICHELLE DEL VALLE, Co-Chair of the NewSpace conference to be held later in August in Seattle.

August
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome back RYAN REYNOLDS to discuss SSP, space settlement, reality checks, plausibility, and a cost/benefit analysis of doing something versus nothing. Join us.

(th)

#89 2022-08-15 17:24:08

tahanson43206

August
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome ISAAC ARTHUR to the program. Isaac is known for his Science and Futurism podcast series.

August
Wednesday

August
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back DR. NAMRATA GOSWAMI on space and national security, China and more.

August
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome back MICHAEL LISTNER, ATTY who will discuss recent indications by the administration on regulating commercial space. You can see Michael's initial thoughts on this at www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw38hX9eU9E.

(th)

#90 2022-08-22 18:19:30

tahanson43206

August
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back RAND SIMBERG on multiple commercial space and policy topics.

August
Wednesday

August
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome BARRY MATSUMORI, Chief Operating Officer of Impulse Space re their venture with Relativity Space and more.

August
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome back DENNIS WINGO on his recent blog commentary and more. See https://denniswingo.wordpress.com.

(th)

#91 2022-08-29 17:54:02

tahanson43206

The Space Show Newsletter For The Week Of August 29, 2022

August
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): This is your opportunity program to be a guest on The Space Show. Just give us a call, 1-866-687-7223.

August
Wednesday

September
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome GRANT BLAISDELL of Copernic Space (see www.copernicspace.com).

September
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): No program today due to the Labor Day Holiday Weekend in the U.S.

(th)

#92 2022-09-07 20:34:57

tahanson43206

September
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back JOHN BUCKNELL of Virtus Solis Technologies for progress and update reports on his SSP development and work.

August
Wednesday

September
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: TBD. Please check the Upcoming Show Menu on our website for details later this week.

September
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome DALE L. SKRAN to the program.

(th)

#93 2022-09-22 17:51:46

tahanson43206

September
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome DEREK WILLIAMS of Start Aerospace (www.startaerospace.com) with a new commercial space manufacturing business model.

August
Wednesday

September
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome GRANT BLAISDELL of Copernic Space (www.copernicspace.com).

September
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome back master space journalist and author LEONARD DAVID. Please see www.leonarddavid.com for more information about his Inside Outer Space blog and report.

(th)

#94 2022-10-03 14:00:10

tahanson43206

1. 7 PM PDT (9 PM CDT; 10 PM EDT): We welcome back JAMES BURK of The Mars Society to discuss their upcoming big event later this month in the Phoenix area.

October
Wednesday

October
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome back DR. JOEL SERCEL, CEO of TransAstra. For more information, please see www.transastra.com.

October
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome FRANK SLAZER, CEO of the Coalition for Deep Space Exploration.

(th)

#95 2022-10-10 20:30:21

tahanson43206

October
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PDT; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CDT; 12:30-2 PM EDT: We welcome DR. CHARLES COCKELL from the UK re his new book, "Taxi from Another Planet: Conversations with Drivers about Life in the Universe."

October
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PDT, (3-4:30 PM EDT, 2-3:30 PM CDT): We welcome back Dr. ERIC SEEDHOUSE for his latest updated SpaceX/Elon Musk book.

(th)

#96 2022-11-07 20:56:41

tahanson43206

For those who might be interested in the early days of Space Advocacy, Keith Hensen will be a guest on The Space Show this week.

Keith was co-founder of the original L5 Society, which joined Werner Von Braun's National Space Institute, to form the current National Space Society.

November
Tuesday

1. 7 PM PST (9 PM CST; 10 PM EST): BOB ZIMMERMAN is back with us for a 2022 roundup and a look forward to 2023.

November
Wednesday

October
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PST; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CST; 12:30-2 PM EST: No show due to the Veterans Day Holiday.

November
Sunday

4. 12-1:30 PM PST, (3-4:30 PM EST, 2-3:30 PM CST): We welcome back KEITH HENSON on several topics including power sats, the big laser to power Skylon-derived vehicles to orbit, and the Nubian arch, plus more.

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › L5_SocietyL5 Society - Wikipedia

The L5 Society was founded in 1975 by Carolyn Meinel and Keith Henson to promote the space colony ideas of Gerard K. O'Neill. [1] In 1987, the L5 Society merged with the National Space Institute to form the National Space Society. [2] Contents 1 Name 2 History 2.1 Founding of L5 Society 2.2 Moon Treaty 2.3 Merger with National Space Institute

(th)

#97 2022-11-15 14:05:43

tahanson43206

1. 6:45 PM PST ( 8:45 PM CST; 9:45 PM EST): We welcome back DR. JOHN BRANDENBURG who has updates for us.

November
Thursday

2.7 PM PST (9 PM CST; 10 PM EST): We welcome back DR. Robert "Sam" Wilson to discuss his paper focusing on defense space budget and the congressional action that has followed, which particularly focuses on missile warning and tracking. See the paper at Issue Brief: Fiscal Year 2023 Space Force Budget Analysis: Missile Warning and Tracking Looms Large | Aerospace Center for Space Policy and Strategy

October
Friday

3. 9:30-11 AM PST; 11:30 AM- 1 PM CST; 12:30-2 PM EST: We welcome BRAD BERGAN re his new book, "Space Race 2.0.

(th)

Board footer