New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2022-09-01 13:08:07

tahanson43206

Re: Mars Soil Factory

For Mars_B4_Moon re #25

SearchTerm:Greenhouse advice for growing tomatoes
SearchTerm:Hothouse
SearchTerm:Tomatoes

There's a ** lot ** more going on in that post, but I'm hoping these tags will help readers find it quickly when needed.

The forum has been a talk-only gabfest for many years, but there is absolutely NOTHING to prevent members from carrying out useful investigations to help Mars settlers.

Supervision by qualified professionals would help to make contributions useful, but even amateur investigations might be useful if conducted well.

Update shortly after .... I just got back from reading the topic from the top.  I had missed Louis being here as recently as March!

It seems (to me at least) that there might be enough content to guide Earthside experiments to grow plants indoors using materials that might be found on Mars.

The professionals are hard at work doing studies (I gather) but there should be plenty of opportunity for amateur investigators to make a contribution.

(th)

Board footer