New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-09-24 12:19:04

Ian
Banned

Re: What about searching for intelligent alien life? - Searchine for intelligent alien life.

Will anyone in the marssociety eventually search for intelligent alien life through either Radio Astronomy or Infrared Astronomy or Optical Astronomy?

#2 2003-09-24 13:18:35

Palomar

Re: What about searching for intelligent alien life? - Searchine for intelligent alien life.

Will anyone in the marssociety eventually search for intelligent alien life through either Radio Astronomy or Infrared Astronomy or Optical Astronomy?

*This is quite an unusual question.  The Mars  Society is focused on Mars.

I'm interested in the search for IAL, and there are already many trained, highly qualified professionals scanning the cosmos for IAL (usually that is via radiotelescopy) around the globe.

Of course, I can't and don't speak for other MS members or the MS itself.  But given the cost involved in such high-tech operations -- and given it is not our primary focus -- I doubt the MS would attempt to purchase and operate said methods itself.

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#3 2003-09-25 04:27:23

alokmohan

SETI website may help

Board footer