New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#1 2003-09-24 12:19:04

Ian

Re: What about searching for intelligent alien life? - Searchine for intelligent alien life.

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Will anyone in the marssociety eventually search for intelligent alien life through either Radio Astronomy or Infrared Astronomy or Optical Astronomy?[/color:post_uid0]

#2 2003-09-24 13:18:35

Palomar

Re: What about searching for intelligent alien life? - Searchine for intelligent alien life.

[color=#000000:post_uid4]Will anyone in the marssociety eventually search for intelligent alien life through either Radio Astronomy or Infrared Astronomy or Optical Astronomy?[/color:post_uid4][/quote:post_uid4]
[color=#810541:post_uid4]*This is quite an unusual question.  The [b:post_uid4]Mars[/b:post_uid4]  Society is focused on [b:post_uid4]Mars[/b:post_uid4].

I'm interested in the search for IAL, and there are already many trained, highly qualified professionals scanning the cosmos for IAL (usually that is via radiotelescopy) around the globe.

Of course, I can't and don't speak for other MS members or the MS itself.  But given the cost involved in such high-tech operations -- and given it is not our primary focus -- I doubt the MS would attempt to purchase and operate said methods itself.

--Cindy[/color:post_uid4]

We all know those Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#3 2003-09-25 04:27:23

alokmohan

[color=#000000:post_uid0]SETI website may help[/color:post_uid0]

Board footer