New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2022-03-04 21:15:27

tahanson43206

John B Postings

This gent showed up in the Post Repair process ...

His work would (probably) never have seen the light of the (current) day otherwise.  I suspect that even such as sleuth as Mars_B4_Moon would have missed it, because there were only three posts.

However, few as those posts may have been, they were loaded with content.

I recognize some of the ideas, in the sense that others have proposed similar ideas, but this set of three posts brings a lot of thought and practical in-the-lab experience to bear on the problem of spacecraft acceleration.

I commend these posts to Calliban in particular, because efficiency (or lack thereof) is a frequent subtopic in Calliban posts.

This gent is unapologetic about the inefficiency of the processes he describes,  but he seems to be offering propulsion ideas that would be quite robust if they were feasible.

http://newmars.com/forums/search.php?ac … ser_id=593

The link above is to the entire set of three posts.

(th)

Board footer