New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2021-09-15 18:02:46

tahanson43206

Robotics Education

For SpaceNut ... I asked FluxBB if we had any topics with the words "robot*" and "education"

It came up blank so I am offering this topic for posts about opportunities that are now or will become available for individuals to learn about robots at the home study level.

I am NOT promoting any of the products that will (hopefully) show up in this topic.

My intention is to try to make available links to opportunities, and to provide a place for forum members to report on their experiences.

We (forum) are on the verge of embarking upon support of a challenging educational activity involving robotics.

Whether a specific activity happens or not is irrelevant.  Anyone interested in robotics can gain valuable experience with consumer grade products that work with tiny computers (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc)

To lead off, I'll post an ad that has been hitting my Internet feed ever since I asked Google what is going on with consumer grade robotics:

There is another ad that includes a video camera in the package.  I'll report that one as soon as it shows up again.

(th)

#2 2021-09-15 18:27:39

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Robotics Education

Many a high school and other higher levels of education do have after school programs as part of stem out reach that teach about robotics.
The Portsmouth Naval Shipyard does such out reach to high schools to build min submarines from pvc pipe and small motors called sea perch.

fdaf7a35-fc27-42d3-a4ea-5aabfdc77544-Pic_2_-_Angela_Hampson.jpg?width=660&height=442&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

navsea_banner_stem.jpg?ver=BWXgLDbvulaoL6446Zwotg%3d%3d

STEM Outreach Program comes full circle at PNSY

https://www.facebook.com/SeacoastSeaPerch/

#3 2021-09-15 22:12:16

tahanson43206

Re: Robotics Education

Here is the second robot education kit that I've been seeing in the Internet feed:

https://www.banggood.com/Xiao-R-DIY-Sma … 3616dd08fe

This one has a web came mounted in the "head" so the operator can see the work being done remotely.

(th)

Board footer