New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2012-06-24 12:55:25

Trebuchet
Banned

Kerbal Space Program

I suppose the first thing I should say is... I'm back.

The second thing is the topic of the post. Anyone else played this? It's a fun little space simulator, where you put together rockets and fly into space - orbiting, landing on moons, etc. It's still in development, but they plan to have a whole solar system set up eventually, rather than the one planet/one moon (two if you've pre-ordered the full version) they have right now.

I've managed landings on both moons as well as the grand tour (hitting both moons in one mission, then returning) and have been practicing orbital rendezvous maneuvers, which are more difficult, by far, than landing on the moons.

#2 2012-09-09 01:50:33

RGClark
Website

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Trebuchet wrote:

I suppose the first thing I should say is... I'm back.

The second thing is the topic of the post. Anyone else played this? It's a fun little space simulator, where you put together rockets and fly into space - orbiting, landing on moons, etc. It's still in development, but they plan to have a whole solar system set up eventually, rather than the one planet/one moon (two if you've pre-ordered the full version) they have right now.

I've managed landings on both moons as well as the grand tour (hitting both moons in one mission, then returning) and have been practicing orbital rendezvous maneuvers, which are more difficult, by far, than landing on the moons.

Is there a tutorial on how to use it?

Bob Clark

Old Space rule of acquisition (with a nod to Star Trek - the Next Generation):

“Anything worth doing is worth doing for a billion dollars.”

#3 2020-05-28 20:55:00

RobertDyck
Website

I'm looking at Kerbal Space Program. Looks like a fun game. More importantly, looking at using it to produce a video for a presentation I intend to make at this year's Mars Society virtual convention. And of course looking at the realism mod. Anybody used it? Any recommendations? And does anyone have a promo code?

#4 2020-05-29 04:25:01

tahanson43206

Thanks to RobertDyck for bringing this topic back into view, from its start in 2012.

I'd not heard of it before, so was intrigued to learn a little bit about it.

Google came up with this, along with a number of other citations.

Been playing since it was recommended to me in 2015 and I keep coming back to it. I've recommended this game to numerous people over the years for kids and adults alike. This is one of those games that you decide how in depth you want to get. Out of the box, the ...

Kerbal Space Program is (in my opinion) one of the best video games to ever hit the market. The game pretty accurately depicts physics, aerodynamics, spaceflight and many of the other aspects of an actual space agency or private space company. The game perfectly ...

I saw the huge praise for the Console version of the game on PS4 and decided to get a second copy, as I love the version on the PC and was expecting after reading the positive, easy to use game rad reviews. Only to find a broken game in the form of the enhanced ...

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2020-05-29 04:25:39)

Board footer