New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#1301 2020-05-22 14:54:31

louis

Re: The Real Mars

A very important video from Art Alien TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg4FHWQeXDM

Looks like Joe might have discovered a genuine plant on Mars - a type of cactus, possibly. The interesting part is that there appear to be roots visible which embed into an area of what appears to be damp sand (looks like the dampness is caused by melting frost dripping off a rock ledge).

I am torn - fascinating to think there might be plant life but equally I'd hate for anything to block human settlement.  The planetary scientists may well use this to try and halt Mars colonisation.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#1302 2020-05-22 15:08:48

jorgear

louis wrote:

Looks like Joe might have discovered a genuine plant on Mars - a type of cactus, possibly. The interesting part is that there appear to be roots visible which embed into an area of what appears to be damp sand (looks like the dampness is caused by melting frost dripping off a rock ledge).

I am torn - fascinating to think there might be plant life but equally I'd hate for anything to block human settlement.  The planetary scientists may well use this to try and halt Mars colonisation.

Plants, forests, big lakes, water underground... and a civilization still living there. And maybe a more dense atmosphere.

#1303 2020-05-22 17:40:52

louis

I wouldn't rule anything out or in at this stage. But this is the most persuasive plant video I have seen so far. I'd say this puts the onus on people who deny there is life to explain what we are looking at in that picture.

jorgear wrote:
louis wrote:

Plants, forests, big lakes, water underground... and a civilization still living there. And maybe a more dense atmosphere.

#1304 2020-05-22 21:09:25

Tmcom

jorgear wrote:
louis wrote:

Too hard to tell if it is a plant, since it has no green color, and the top one he pointed out is more likely metal than a plant, or a sliver of rock. Joe is going by the NASA -179 at night idea, but plants and prickles cannot survive at those temp's.

The coldest on Earth was minus 88, in Russia, and that was blizzard conditions, with only tree's surviving or growing, but prickles, no way.

NASA have lied about a lot of stuff they keep driving past on Mars, so moving the decimal place so minus 2 is minus 200 wouldn't be that big a deal.

#1305 2020-05-23 04:03:54

Tmcom

Now these are plants, or tall prickles.

pGgGLEs.jpg

And before people start saying, "it is just the rock shadow" nope, this image shows exactly the same group of plants, (arrow in both images) so not a shadow or rock detail).

The second image down shows a line of them, and eventhough l was unable to get anything out of the darker ones, an unmistakable prickle shape can be seen.

The white thing on the right is the rover, behind some of them, which doesn't surprize me with the irony of it.

And the bottom image, l have pushed everything Photoshop has to see then as well as is possible, and they are tall prickles, and some most likely have pink flowers at the right time of the year; pink large flowers, means bee's and or birds.

Here is the second image, showing the same plants as above.

qfGsPyE.jpg

Mars is the second habitable world in our system, no doubt, and it is ineviatable that citizens of the Earth will be aware of this fact whether they like it or not.

I believe that the year 2033, will be the big announcement.

cool

#1306 2020-05-27 03:36:11

Tmcom

More plants.

gOq9cFj.jpg

Left image shows the robotic arm, (middle arrow) but what is on the left and in the distance, not the rover.

Right image, blue sky and green landscape.

smile

#1307 2020-05-29 03:18:24

Tmcom

Another sunset dominated by plant life, as well as a possible Egyptian type, image.

LxyNCEz.jpg

Blue mountains and plants everywhere, some are prickles.

Bottom images this image, which could only be the rovers wheel, but l cannot see how? Looks like someone carved this Sungod type depiction.

wink

#1308 2020-05-29 14:43:35

louis

An interesting video from the Vertex Channel, the usual mix of the far-fetched, the unlikely but also the persuasive and intriguing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd6Kyso00aU

I found the images at 01:20 and 05:09 of particular interest.

#1309 Yesterday 02:21:46

Tmcom

More plants, but this time we get a closer look at some.

lOUrdxr.jpg

Top/right looks like a ring, and top left/etc, more plants; but this one shows two tall plants with white flowers up top.

smile

Board footer