New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1151 2020-01-26 10:52:48

jorgear

Re: The Real Mars

An abandoned car on Mars? This guy has too much imagination https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CY5pm4OxXU

#1152 2020-01-26 20:44:18

Tmcom

jorgear wrote:

An abandoned car on Mars? This guy has too much imagination https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CY5pm4OxXU

Agreed, if they didn't spend so much time doing a video and more time putting in the hard work, they could do a video on something legit.

And the first post #1149, does show another inquisitive gray taking a look at the rover, (young or teenager age, going by his head), or he can be seen easily up the top above the artifact, and more crudely on the left of that.

This image is so good, l will give it a very likely mark, but funny that we get plenty of grays, but never humanoids or the Reptilian ones?

Seems that some races prefer or can live above ground.

#1153 2020-01-28 18:06:04

louis

We know Joe White is good...but this time he's really excelled himself...one of the best ever skulls discovered on Mars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akWv2DT_kQ

Of course we can't be absolutely sure it's a skull. But the repitilian skull has incredible detail.

Not far behind is the other more humanoid skull.

Both have teeth detail, which is one of the first things archaeologists look for to distinguish remains from rocks and earth.

Will we hear any comment from NASA on this?

In a way I hope we don't. As much as it could accelerate the exploration of Mars it might give the "Keep Off the Mars" crowd more reason to prevent human settlement, arguing we need to proceed very slowly with extreme caution, so as not to destroy any flora and fauna that might exist.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#1154 2020-01-28 20:56:12

Tmcom

louis wrote:

We know Joe White is good...but this time he's really excelled himself...one of the best ever skulls discovered on Mars:

Of course we can't be absolutely sure it's a skull. But the repitilian skull has incredible detail.

Both have teeth detail, which is one of the first things archaeologists look for to distinguish remains from rocks and earth.

In a way I hope we don't. As much as it could accelerate the exploration of Mars it might give the "Keep Off the Mars" crowd more reason to prevent human settlement, arguing we need to proceed very slowly with extreme caution, so as not to destroy any flora and fauna that might exist.

If you are referring to the lion one, the mouth is the edge of the rover, and the eye is the rover from a distance, so a rock really, but it does have some distant plants, so a pity he didn't discuss those.

#1155 2020-01-28 21:16:06

Calliban

louis wrote:

They look like basalt rocks to me.  One of them is vaguely skull shaped.  The human brain is keyed to recognise faces and patterns.  We tend to see facial features in things like rocks and clouds, where none really exist.

The key questions for any animal life on Mars today, are: what does it eat? What does it drink? What could it be breathing?  There are clearly no areas of vegetation.  Surface water is possible in the form of mud, but it would need to be highly saline.  Oxygen concentrations are too low for lungs to make use of.  It is not out of the question that some of these photographs may pick up fossils of things that are long dead.  But these look like weak candidates.

Last edited by Calliban (2020-01-28 21:19:07)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#1156 2020-01-29 02:17:47

Tmcom

Calliban wrote:
louis wrote:

They look like basalt rocks to me.  One of them is vaguely skull shaped.  The human brain is keyed to recognise faces and patterns.  We tend to see facial features in things like rocks and clouds, where none really exist.

The key questions for any animal life on Mars today, are: what does it eat? What does it drink? What could it be breathing?  There are clearly no areas of vegetation.  Surface water is possible in the form of mud, but it would need to be highly saline.  Oxygen concentrations are too low for lungs to make use of.  It is not out of the question that some of these photographs may pick up fossils of things that are long dead.  But these look like weak candidates.

I was with you until you mentioned "no vegetation" or l suggest starting at the first post and making your way back here.

#1157 2020-01-29 02:49:33

Tmcom

And on the subject of vegetation, here is some more.

o4e48oH.jpg

Top/left shows the fallen one, l spotted before, and the lower one, after cleaning it up as much as is possible, shows a few things.

There are plenty of things here between the rover and mountains that shouldn't be here, and all showing strong green, (some may be clouds, but some are not) and the one with the arrow, looks like a tall, furry white cactus.

And the mountains only show blue, (CP) and the rover has no green on its surface.

cool

Last edited by Tmcom (2020-01-29 02:54:31)

#1158 2020-01-29 03:33:46

jorgear

Interesting articles, demonstrating that many scientists recognise habitable life on Mars.

https://en24.news/2020/01/the-mexican-s … lanet.html

https://www.archyde.com/the-stunning-im … able-past/

#1159 2020-01-29 05:42:42

louis

No I'm not. I'm referring to the main subject of the video:a reptilian type skull, complete with teeth, and a second more humanoid skull which also has teeth. Obviously I maintain an open mind - this could be a remarkable coincidence - but both artefacts are among the most convincing finds in the "skull" category.

Dusty rocks definitely don't reflect light in the way you suggest.

Tmcom wrote:
louis wrote:

If you are referring to the lion one, the mouth is the edge of the rover, and the eye is the rover from a distance, so a rock really, but it does have some distant plants, so a pity he didn't discuss those.

#1160 2020-01-29 06:00:24

louis

If you can find me an image of a basalt rock on Earth (of the right sort of size - not 10 metres wide or 1cm wide) that looks like a repitilian skull (with "eye socket", "nasal cavity" and "teeth" all in roughly the right relative positions, one to the other),  I'll be half way persuaded. So far, although I've seen many people claim pareidolia as the explanation for these images, I've never seen anyone show an image from Earth (of a rock) that matches the ones found on Mars. If you can be the exception, Calliban, all well and good. smile

Calliban wrote:
louis wrote:

Last edited by louis (2020-01-29 06:09:07)

#1161 2020-01-29 07:34:35

Tmcom

louis wrote:

No I'm not. I'm referring to the main subject of the video:a reptilian type skull, complete with teeth, and a second more humanoid skull which also has teeth. Obviously I maintain an open mind - this could be a remarkable coincidence - but both artefacts are among the most convincing finds in the "skull" category.

Tmcom wrote:
louis wrote:

Had a quick look, and the image is remarkable in that it is high res, and in true color, (NASA no doubt will carry on about false color).

I will take a closer look when l can, but on a quick scan, l may not find anything.

And l once found even Martian sand can reflect the rover back to us!

#1162 2020-01-29 20:19:54

louis

All surfaces are reflective to some degree. Doesn't mean you can identify a reflected object standing 10 metres away from the object you are looking on.

Tmcom wrote:
louis wrote:

Tmcom wrote:

Had a quick look, and the image is remarkable in that it is high res, and in true color, (NASA no doubt will carry on about false color).

I will take a closer look when l can, but on a quick scan, l may not find anything.

And l once found even Martian sand can reflect the rover back to us!

#1163 2020-01-31 04:00:54

jorgear

Interesting chronology of Mankind that tells what happened in Maldek and in its satellite Mars

https://birdseyeview.xyz/research-and-t … arratives/

#1164 2020-02-01 03:27:19

Tmcom

Ok, ran through the panorama, and found some interesting stuff, but not related to previous discussions.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/219352/ … XwWiRdMjoQ

Sorry can't really mark this image.

ZFT7rQe.jpg

And NASA is still putting its filter over this, but not as much as previously.

First, the sun is setting, over a landscape of burnt or near dead, bushes and prickles.

Next onse down, could be a bird.

Next burnt green landscape.

Next more dead or near dead plants.

And last, this has to be a dead bush!

cool

PS and the one with two different rocks fused together.

Last edited by Tmcom (2020-02-01 04:35:09)

#1165 2020-02-05 03:23:30

jorgear

This is another Youtube channel that shows interesting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYlsNI … wtQ/videos

#1166 2020-02-05 06:42:54

louis

He has some interesting videos but I think he is far too ready to assert that lines are "straight" when they are not or to confuse geological features for intelligent design.  I think Joe White of Alien Art TV is the best and Martine Grainey of UFAH is also very good artefact spotter. 

jorgear wrote:

This is another Youtube channel that shows interesting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYlsNI … wtQ/videos

#1167 2020-02-05 06:46:26

louis

Interesting finds. I don't think I've seen the last one - "bearded man" - before. Perhaps you should send it to Joe White at Art Alien TV. He has a contact e mail on his website. He might be interested in doing a video on that and always credits his sources.

Tmcom wrote:

Ok, ran through the panorama, and found some interesting stuff, but not related to previous discussions.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/219352/ … XwWiRdMjoQ

Sorry can't really mark this image.

https://i.imgur.com/ZFT7rQe.jpg

And NASA is still putting its filter over this, but not as much as previously.

First, the sun is setting, over a landscape of burnt or near dead, bushes and prickles.

Next onse down, could be a bird.

Next burnt green landscape.

Next more dead or near dead plants.

And last, this has to be a dead bush!

cool

PS and the one with two different rocks fused together.

#1168 2020-02-07 02:20:21

Tmcom

louis wrote:

Interesting finds. I don't think I've seen the last one - "bearded man" - before. Perhaps you should send it to Joe White at Art Alien TV. He has a contact e mail on his website. He might be interested in doing a video on that and always credits his sources.

You are quite welcome Louis, l tried someone like that in the past and he didn't get back to me, or l have left comments on TY video's like that hinting at what l have found here.

Seems that they want to find their own stuff, and ignore plodders like me that won't post anything until l actually find something?

And speaking as such, these are from Sal, 610, and already found this, (well after scouring through 10 images, and downloading them all).

7dxl06U.jpg

Left image, sun setting, nice orange/yellow sunset, and the rover in the middle. And as the CP shows, strong green on the bushes, then the blue hills and sky.

cool

#1169 2020-02-07 17:30:58

SpaceNut
Administrator

I love the panarama in post 1164 but my crappy computer just does not behave well enough to pan around its full scene. It looks like we have some brown grass in places at the top of it. Lots of interesting cracked and fragmented rocks...

#1170 2020-02-07 17:44:34

louis

Another interesting if inconclusive video from Art Alien TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKnBVF9Ufkw

Some evidence suggesting we are looking at a gravestone. 

Certainly not a very naturally eroded stone in appearance.

#1171 2020-02-07 20:39:25

Tmcom

SpaceNut wrote:

I love the panarama in post 1164 but my crappy computer just does not behave well enough to pan around its full scene. It looks like we have some brown grass in places at the top of it. Lots of interesting cracked and fragmented rocks...

Yes, been trying to convince myself that the white bush is dust, or the others, but cannot, or it just does not fit. So dead or near dead bushes on Mars, and the rover drives right over them, (which is good since the remaining 1000 odd Sols left, may show s branch or part of these, stuck on the rover, (still live in hope that l will find an insect or feather on the rover).

#1172 2020-02-10 04:19:05

jorgear

Interesting link. The Pyramids of Giza, the Belt of Orion and Three Volcanoes on Mars

https://q-mag.org/the-pyramids-of-giza- … l#EeTvB5a5

#1173 2020-02-10 19:35:59

louis

Latest from Art Alien TV...very convincing skull find (particularly the dome of the skull).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcq-SoBD8oY

#1174 2020-02-11 03:53:19

jorgear

louis wrote:

Latest from Art Alien TV...very convincing skull find (particularly the dome of the skull).

Yes, I believe that is a real skull.

A summary of skulls, constructions, aliens, martians.. is on this page https://www.projectmars.net/docs/resear … n_Mars.pdf

#1175 2020-02-12 04:06:16

Tmcom

louis wrote:

The top part is also reflecting the sky and sun, so l wouldn't get your hopes up.

But back to work...

zYjms0U.jpg

Found this today, which is most likely a communications tower. Impossible to say if it is ours or theirs, since l cannot make out any details on the scaffolding or maybe clear Martian framework.

Or if it is ours it wold be crisscrossing aluminum, and theirs probably a white sculpture or clear cylinder.

Odd's on one of the US rovers would land near a US base, so they could clean the lenses and take happy snaps, etc.

And Mars magnetic field is stronger than Earths in some places, (NASA squealed that recently) with the strongest bubbles being up the top where l have found the largest concentrations of Green, and the lake systems, (ESA previous image).

But l need to give the kiddie version when discussing this elsewhere.

cool

Board footer