New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#26 2019-07-03 14:18:29

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Creating a Bussiness for Jobs

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/gary-w-johnson

Found 2 pages but these are also with errors as some came back with a name mismatch as well as coauthored many which as still pending.
Seems I have been following with use of many of the devices and or principals of many of them.

Many deal with laser use in a variety of forms. Much of the issue with patents is how others have done the same things and are device dependant.
Magnetic sensing has been around for quite a period and is used in automobiles for top dead sensing and many other products such as vehicle speed sensing for the automatic breaking system. Even the capstan motor drive does motion rotantional sensing.

Apparatus for mechanically controlling and eradicating cactus and other succulent plants from farm and ranch pastures and other lands

#27 2019-07-03 16:21:22

SpaceNut
Administrator

You got me looking back to a time when I was unemployed and had a dream of creating a business but it did not happen due to funds to build the business with.
The computer folder was dated 2006 containing over 50 such products to build.
You probably have had one of those chemical sticks that you break the capsule of chemical that one mixed with the rest of what is in the tube causes it to glow. But what if you only needed it for an hour or needed to turn it off after activation? Thats something that does not work with the current designs but I came up with a saturated towel to seperate and size the exposure times for that purpose where the towel that is saturated with one of the chemicals are placed with the one containing the other into a sealable ziplock bag where by you message the towels to get light to be produced. If not needed any longer the zip bag would be opened and then seperated to stop the reaction.
So not being a chemist for what is in these I would not know of the danger for these and did not go any further with the concept.

#28 2019-07-03 18:37:57

louis

Job creation - yes a fascinating subject area.

We need to be flexible in our thinking because this is a v complex area...Some thoughts:

1. Looking back to the era of European Empires will help. The metropolitan areas (France, UK, Germany, Italy) have various colonies but it is difficult to say which ones were actually "profitable" in any meaningful sense (due to opaque accounting) , although the number of private sector jobs held by Europeans in any of the colonies was probably a good indicator.

2. Don't turn your nose up at subsidies. Throughout history various wealthy actors on the Earth stage have subsidised various forms of activity - religious, bureaucratic, artistic etc - which they thought somehow gave them some benefit.  If Coca Cola want to plough $10 billion dollars into Mars Missions what's to complain about?

3. It is always v. difficult to foresee the jobs that might be created in the future.  Mars is going to be like Earth but it will also be different.
Per capita energy production is going to be huge compared with Earth in my view - and that will create lots of opportunities for jobs that don't exist on Earth.

4.  The idea that Mars will have nothing to export to Earth is absurd. They can start with regolith, meteorites, unknown minerals etc. But there is no reason why a Mars community shouldn't raise beef that appeals to a Japanese market at over $1000 per kg.

5.  Mars will be a new world. It has the opportunity to create a new legal framework for human activity that will in turn create new jobs/

6.  Initially the biggest impulse for job creation will be science research.  There will be thousands of science and exploration projects going on on Mars. Any personnel who come to Mars will need life support and accommodation...plus a host of other services....this will all create jobs on Mars.

7. The Mars settlement needs to make a big space for entrepreneurs. I think Mars could prove attractive to design companies...if they can have employees there working in a zero tax environment, they might feel it is worth sending people there to expand their thinking.

I'll stop there for now.

Last edited by louis (2019-07-04 16:14:51)

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#29 2019-07-03 19:32:39

SpaceNut
Administrator

1. exploration of things you do not have there or here depending on the starting location if you find something of value
2. investment cash on ideas or business for a return but there are no garantees
3. mars has lots of jobs but these are not a business:  food, water, shelter, energy creation, these will be initial mars business that will have jobs as gardeners, mining processing, constructionist, builders of energy creating plants and transmission capability
4. mars business will not only be exploration but transport to exporting launchers of which that is also a business to build them
5. lawyers will be part of any business to ensure there legal rights are maintained
6. the business of science is the data which is gained by the job doer with some of what might be the use of science for exploration data for business use
7. mars settlement building is a business in and of its self which will make use of the business all created above this one.

#30 2019-07-03 21:00:45

tahanson43206

For Louis re #28 ... It is encouraging (to me at least) to have you adding to the topic!  My hope is that the topic attracts new participants in the forum, in addition to regular contributors such as yourself.  In a moment, I will try to encourage SpaceNut to bring his chemical light idea out of storage, to take another look at it.  There may be others waiting in the wings with ideas worth considering for practical development, for Earth or Mars (or both).

For SpaceNut re #27 .... I enjoyed reading about your burst of creativity ca 2006 .... I've had similar experiences, with ideas lying in a dormant state for 10 years or more, and then coming back to life due to unforeseen events.

The idea of offering chemical lighting as a consumer product strikes me as quite interesting.  The critical concept which (I think) I picked up from your post is of being able to turn the reaction on and off like a flashlight.  A flashlight is a type of chemical lighting system, characterized by electron movement driven by chemical reactions.  If I understand your discussion correctly, chemicals are brought together to produce luminescence for entertainment, or perhaps for emergency signaling.

I would like to encourage you (if you are willing) to take another look at your idea, but this time in the forum, where you would be subjecting it to the (often critical) inspection of forum contributors, in return for the likely possibility that someone will contribute a useful suggestion to improve the idea to make it more attractive as a product.  Improvements are potentially available in cost, efficiency, effectiveness, safety, weight and perhaps other ways I haven't thought of.

What I am imagining is a tube which I would twist to turn on, and which would produce a bright light for as long as the chemicals last, or until I twist it off again.

Is that a description of what you had in mind?

Edit: The ability to "recharge" the chemicals would be a useful feature.  Again this is similar to a flashlight, with the difference that the light would be produced directly by the chemical reaction, and without the complexity of the electrical current feature of a standard flashlight, and the attendant failure points of bulbs or LED's, electrical wiring and switches and especially contacts which can erode.

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2019-07-03 21:04:34)

#31 2019-07-04 09:36:45

SpaceNut
Administrator

Edit adding in content:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glow_stick

Will need to educate myself on the chemicals needed and identify the hazards of them so as to improve manufacturability of concept.

Another form was to just use the shape as these are used in other ways but to make them as an LED/ battery powered device with rechargeability for the device. The making of LED and Batteries have improved quite a bit over the years.

example Battery LED unit

Which is by and far bigger than what I was thinking.

#32 2019-07-04 10:27:54

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #31 ...

Glad to see you are thinking about having another look at your idea ... since the first posting, I've looked at several sources about chemical lighting ... Wikipedia and others, including vendors.  I gather that current implementations are for one-time use.  One example is breaking a glass tube containing a chemical, so it can react with the dye infused liquid elsewhere in the product body.  I believe this is what you first described, above.

One impression I came away with is that "recharging" a system would require evacuation of the exhausted chemicals, and reloading of the chambers for the next cycle of use. 

I'm not sure (at this point) if there would be any operational advantages as compared to electric flashlight systems.

There sure would be ** disadvantages ** .... the liquids would have to be stored safely at the recharging station, for one thing.  A battery recharging station is relatively risk free.  On the ** other ** hand, almost no consumer on Earth today has a chemical refurbishing unit to "repair" chemical batteries.  In that sense, the system you are considering might in fact BE competitive for Mars. 

Still, this is the kind of analysis that has to be done for ANY product, to see if it would be competitive with other solutions.

(th)

#33 2019-07-04 10:48:06

SpaceNut
Administrator

I wonder if the newer RF energy recharging and super capcitors would work to create the smaller glow stick replacement in the form of the typical unit which measures about 5" long at about 1/2" diameter.

th?id=OIP.jeDkEheQUmVv6U36QXbW9QHaEt&w=300&h=190&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

The issue of any design is features and not allowing for the creep of new ones to over ride and make a device to complicated or to expensive to make.

Most if not all recharging pads have an AC cord so coming up with a portable solar recharged unit seems to be a nice feature for that part.

So looking at the chemical version we need to make it reuseable in whole or partly to see if we can make a competing product.

#34 2019-07-04 11:27:12

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut #33 .... It would take me several weeks, and perhaps months, to investigate a complex topic like this.

Hopefully, there is time ... Mars is on a sweep around the sun, and we still have over 500 sols to accomplish something in NewMars forum.

I'd like to suggest that as you proceed and as you generate update posts, it would be helpful if you would add a search tag to your posts.

That way, someone wanting to follow your progress later can search for the tag and for yourself as the author.

GW Johnson provided an example with his use of EducationDoneRight series about education.

I just ran a search for that series, and FluxBB came back with a sequence starting 2019-05-13 and running for a total of 6 posts.

Your project would yield similar fast results if you choose a tag that is easy for forum readers to remember.

Of course, you know you can edit previous posts, but not everyone reading this forum would be aware of that capability.

It turns out that the FluxBB package can serve as a knowledge repository, with a bit of care by contributors.

(th)

#35 2019-07-04 13:37:10

SpaceNut
Administrator

well for mars the compounds needed for a glow stick or lantern would come under tag: excessenergystoreage as we would be create the chemicals from energy that we need to make use of before its lost....

As far as the electronic version lets call that tag emergencylightstick with a charging pad which can be adapted for many uses from solar day time charging of its supply voltage. That design wuld also be adaptable for latterns as well.

Here is How to Add Wireless Charging to Any Device

Which gives me another product for mars in a recharging pad for rovers to park over during the night that stores the day time solar energy for later use. Sort of the robust bag from the inflateable tower but with the RF energy circuits built in....
The rover would bring it to a location and return to it before the end of day moving it as it explores the planets surface.

#36 2019-07-04 16:33:09

louis

Broadly, I think you can identify various job sectors:

1. Space transport (Earth and Mars). Will include Mars Spaceport(s). Rocket maintenance will be a large area.

2.  Mars transport - focus on exploration. Hoppers and rovers.

3.  Life support systems.

4.  Agriculture.

5.  Energy generation.

6. Warehousing, supply and retail.

7. Science experimentation/exploration.

8. Health monitoring/health services.

9. Mining.

10. PV panel manufacture.

11. Chemical and gas industry.

12. Small scale industrial production using 3D printers and computerised lathes.

13.  Mars administration.

14.  Mars arts projects.

15.  Post grad education.

16.  Media: film, TV, radio and publications.

17.  Telecoms, satellites, IT.

18. Earth-based employment related to Mars (e.g. publishing books on Mars using material, such as photos and journals)

I would guess that the biggest employers will be science experimentation/exploration and space transport.

Major income streams paying for all these jobs will include:  commercial sponsorship, payment for transport to Mars, payments for life support and accommodation for scientists and others paying to visit and work on Mars,  payments for hopper and rover transport while on Mars, Mars tourism, Mars gap year students, export earnings (sales of regolith, meteorites, and various luxury items like watches, jewelry etc), sale of TV and other rights on Earth, philanthropic donations, sales of Mars art on Earth and payments for PR projects on Mars (e.g. maybe Toyota or Ford will pay to have one of their cars sent to Mars, to pose on the surface...). In the longer run, some institutions may pay to locate digital libraries on Mars, as the ultimate back-up. Mars could become a centre of design with lots of software, games companies and others setting up there.

#37 2019-07-04 19:03:37

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut #35 ....

Your introduction (to this topic) of the idea (invented ca 1960 I understand) of mixing chemicals to produce light for entertainment or emergency use reminded me today of something similar which very well may exist: "Instant" battery by adding chemicals together.

I ** think ** that lead acid batteries may be manufactured without acid, and the acid may be added when the batteries are shipped to a customer.

I am making a guess here, that acid does not deteriorate while held in storage containers, and again just guessing that the lead components do not deteriorate while acid is not present, but batteries loaded with electrolyte most certainly do self-discharge as soon as they are put in service.

The question I am asking is .... is it better for batteries intended for emergency use to be stored as separate components until needed?

(th)

#38 2019-07-04 19:22:40

SpaceNut
Administrator

The lead plates do oxidize and would need a purge gas like nitrogen to be inside the sealed units until we wished to add in the acid.
The glass containers are the best for acids.

The list of Louis adds in some more business items and his paragraph that is at the end does so again....

#39 2019-07-12 10:02:38

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut ...

This news could fit into several topics, but I chose this one because FluxBB found it first when I searched for topics about jobs....

Today's wire reports included an item:

"Amazon to offer 100K workers tech training"

The article goes on to say that Amazon has decided to try to retrain its existing workers for the high tech jobs it has opening up.

According to the article, Amazon already has 20,000 open positions.

From the standpoint of your frequent inquiry about jobs and dealing with poverty, I think this is the kind of news we'd like to see from our job creators.

However, it also sets a bar for new job creators, who would (naturally) be torn between paying off the investors as soon as possible, and providing the best possible working situation for workers.

There may be a third option, but it requires a leap of faith on the part of job creators.  It might be possible to steer a course that provides for good working conditions for workers, AND payback for investors.  However, a job creator looking at the looming precipice of failure for all the reasons that entrepreneurship fails, would be quite unusual to have the confidence and vision to start down and then hold to that path.

(th)

#40 2019-07-12 14:19:11

louis

Amazon have a somewhat unusual business model...they don't create a profit but rather reinvest all their profits. I guess this model works for them because their growth rate has been so stupendously high.

Relating this to Mars, I think on Mars you can have high levels of welfare and job security.  Welfare dependency will not be a big issue I feel because people going to live on Mars will be highly educated, resourceful and keen to work.

tahanson43206 wrote:

For SpaceNut ...

This news could fit into several topics, but I chose this one because FluxBB found it first when I searched for topics about jobs....

Today's wire reports included an item:

"Amazon to offer 100K workers tech training"

The article goes on to say that Amazon has decided to try to retrain its existing workers for the high tech jobs it has opening up.

According to the article, Amazon already has 20,000 open positions.

From the standpoint of your frequent inquiry about jobs and dealing with poverty, I think this is the kind of news we'd like to see from our job creators.

However, it also sets a bar for new job creators, who would (naturally) be torn between paying off the investors as soon as possible, and providing the best possible working situation for workers.

There may be a third option, but it requires a leap of faith on the part of job creators.  It might be possible to steer a course that provides for good working conditions for workers, AND payback for investors.  However, a job creator looking at the looming precipice of failure for all the reasons that entrepreneurship fails, would be quite unusual to have the confidence and vision to start down and then hold to that path.

(th)

#41 2019-07-12 14:54:19

GW Johnson
Website

Re Spacenut post 26 & related:  I hold 2 and only 2 patents,  the cactus eradication implement from 2004,  and the fuel injector for a ducted rocket motor dated 1983.  All the rest of those "Gary W. Johnson"-'s are not me.

The cactus tool I still build and sell as a custom product today.  It now exists as a beefed up form of the original no-moving-parts device,  and a version with hydraulically-operated retractable wheels that allow you to lift the tool over obstructions and debris without getting out of your seat on the tractor.  Both do the same job,  the wheels are a big time and labor saver.

The fuel injector was intended for the ramjet upgrade to AMRAAM which the US never flew or developed.  Something sort of similar to it is flying in the "Coyote" gunnery target drone,  which is a ducted rocket (really a solid gas generator-fed ramjet).

My fuel injector design kept the flow distribution even amongst the multiple exit ports despite the massive compressibility issues (in a mixed gas-solid slurry flow) surrounding a sonic variable area throttling throat.

Yep,  I meant exactly what I said:  a sonic throttling throat based on variable throat area.  This was the exit from the fuel-rich solid propellant device that was the ramjet fuel supply.  I helped develop that throttle device,  and the ballistics that go with it,  and the many fuel propellants we used,  as well as inventing the fuel injector that would function correctly just downstream of that throttle.

Those internal ballistics are sort of like what's in the textbooks,  except that in the real fuel-rich world,  all your constants are actually variables,  too. It's a mite complicated,  of course. I wrote most of that up as a chapter in my ramjet book.

GW

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#42 2019-07-12 19:47:47

SpaceNut
Administrator

Amazon's training is due to the changing into automation equipment which means computer literacy use of electrievers which are used to store items on a shelf for later retrieval to be sent on its way. These computers are networked to severs and dsata bases for inventory control.
It does not mean that these people will be paid all that much more for the technical skills required to operate the equipment.

I can say been there, done this and seen this as it favors the younger generation with gives management the out to dispose of the older worker that can not adapt. It gets rid of management levels as its got computers to manage what they once did.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/369484/amazo … for-new-jo

https://www.wired.com/story/amazon-pled … g-workers/
Article title indicates coding but thats not what it is for all only a few...

#43 2019-07-12 20:42:26

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut re #42 .... Thanks for the two links you provided.  I read them both.

The pcmag article concluded with a quote from a union representative who is critical of Amazon for past practices and only grudgingly willing to acknowledge Amazon efforts to improve conditions for workers in distribution centers.

The wired article concluded with a wait-and-see attitude, along the lines of "will they deliver on the promise".

Your pessimistic attitude toward job creators comes through in post #42 .... Adam Smith said (paraphrasing) that the natural state of human beings is poverty.

It is only through the creativity, energy and persistence despite innumerable setbacks that job creators are able to offer simple, no-thought income earning opportunities to people who would otherwise starve. 

The two articles you cited clearly state that the FREE education is intended to benefit workers for new jobs in or OUTSIDE of the company.

My impression is that the company is offering an opportunity for thousands of people to lift themselves up to better positions if only they will invest time in themselves, instead of wanting "someone else" to take care of them for the rest of their lives.

I have seen the "constant improvement" philosophy of modern capitalism, as expressed by Amazon, with my own eyes.  Recently, a package was delivered to my address and deposited in the package locker as I had requested.  That by itself is not surprising.  USPS, UPS and FedEx have all done the same.

What was a surprise was a cell phone picture taken of the package in the locker, delivered to my email account minutes after delivery. 

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2019-07-12 20:42:54)

#44 2019-07-13 08:56:07

SpaceNut
Administrator

Most large companies offer training for those being laid off and many states off this to large groups which do get the axe. This would mean that those that do well in the retraining aspects of the company will be kept and those that can not will be the ones getting the axe in the future. Making that group much smaller and retaining what a company will create is loyalty even if its just smoke and mirrors.
This will work and be a short term fix to a changing busness model.

#45 2019-12-07 14:21:59

SpaceNut
Administrator

A much need boost from reposts to this topic:

kbd512 wrote:

SpaceNut,

Speaking of people who are out-of-touch, Bloomberg said we needed to tax low-income families more.  Apparently, he believes that governments, or other arrogant self-righteous a-holes like himself, know how to better spend their money than they do.

As dilapidated as so much of our national infrastructure has become, I'm honestly starting to believe that the government needs to start repair jobs using the labor of those who can't otherwise hold a job.  I was never a fan of FDR, but the labor to fix our infrastructure hasn't materialized out of thin air and these people clearly need reliable jobs to go to.

If Houston started road repairs now, then we might be caught up some time in the next few decades if we had a labor force in the low hundreds of thousands.  I've been to cities all across America and the condition of much of the basic infrastructure is not exactly what I would call "confidence inspiring".  The waste water treatment facilities and power grid are two other services in need of a massive overhaul.  Frankly, I'm a little dumbfounded by how we could ever possibly run out of decent paying construction / trade / transport jobs.

tahanson43206 wrote:

For kbd512 re #326

Your suggestion deserves support.  There is a need for a "job creator" who can collect all the unemployed people in this country and meld them into a productive work force.  Who better than you to take that on?

The financial and social rewards would be (or certainly ** should ** be) substantial.

SpaceNut ... Would you be able to support a bid by kbd512 to become a job creator along these lines?

(th)

While there are many jobs for some which are capable of working and while the unemployment offices ask are you searching and of what list of business they typically stop at that point with only some assistence to education or a job learning program but they do not employ you.
The government jobs programs that got you a job are not in existance any longer. For a period of time the jails were part of that work on infrastructure but its been done away with. There are some companies that like manpower, peace corp, which are not the same sort of program.
I agree that there needs to be something but its got to spread out to all counties, towns and cities big and small. It should be part of the unemployment food stamp cross connection of programs that serve those that are in need. If homeless then a small tiny home is granted to the worker until they are stable to pay for a rental. You smoke, do drugs, drink to a drunk and you are bounced out of the programs assistance. The whole point is to get you on your feet and heathly to be able to stay and get better work.

JOBS Jobs Jobs why are there none

#46 2019-12-07 14:26:55

SpaceNut
Administrator

Related to the reason for why some jobs are not created or filled

America's Taxation - Taxes the burden of government
Entitlements

The government doesn't exist to provide any of the following:
* Food
* Clothing
* Housing
* Education
* Jobs
* Health Care
* Retirement Income

tahanson43206 wrote:

For SpaceNut re #328

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.   I like the scope of your concept.

However, I think the focus on a tiny part of the population that needs work is to miss the bigger picture.  There won't BE any jobs without JOB Creators!

We are facing a time when fewer and fewer jobs will be available, for anyone, regardless of their education, high moral character, or connections to people in high places.

The nation (and the world for that matter) need JOB CREATORS!   Our education systems would do well to focus on that need, because ** real ** job creators can take care of whatever supplemental education is needed by a prospective worker.

In the age of robots, we need millions and millions of jobs that robots cannot do, or that customers would prefer to be done by humans who WANT to do whatever those jobs are going to be.

(th)

The jobs that are created fall into categories of job titles, duties or responsibilities, functions or service, design or engineering ect....so lets start with a career job title list:
Learn About the Different Types of Job Titles
Business Careers: Options, Job Titles, and Descriptions

List of Careers and Job Titles:

Architecture and Engineering Occupations
Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations
Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Occupations
Business and Financial Operations Occupations
Community and Social Services Occupations
Computer and Mathematical Occupations
Construction and Extraction Occupations
Education, Training, and Library Occupations
Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Occupations
Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations
Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations
Healthcare Support Occupations
Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations
Legal Occupations
Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations
Management Occupations
Military Specific Occupations
Office and Administrative Support Occupations
Personal Care and Service Occupations
Production Occupations
Protective Service Occupations
Sales and Related Occupations

List of Careers and Job Titles:

A list of 1200 on this page
https://www.careerplanner.com/ListOfJobs.cfm

Career Pages include Description, Activities, Education Requirements, Colleges offering related programs, Skills, Knowledge, Work Styles, Work Values, and Salary Information on the above page but these are more like active filters to weed out those that look like the cookie that they want to employ.

Kbd512 suggested infrastructure which covers roads of all sizes, bridges, rail car, water, sewer, electrical transmission plus creation as well as home residential buildings as well as destroyed businesses....Its also an area of action that is not only repair or rebuilding due to aging weather caused conditions but also from the impacts of the many storms, floods, tornado, huricanes, forest fires and more....

edit:
Mars is also a jobs program for all that can go as they create earth support jobs as well.

#47 2019-12-07 14:27:29

SpaceNut
Administrator

tahanson43206 wrote:

For SpaceNut re #330

Thank you for another of your productive and helpful collections of information.  I am trying to bring the focus to job CREATORS instead of job holders.

Job holders are in the category of victims, because their fate is opened up by a job creator.  Job holders take a small risk compared to that taken by a job CREATOR.  Job holders invest at most two weeks of their time in a venture.  If they are not paid after that period of time, they are not obligated to continue service. 

The job CREATOR on the other hand, has so many risks to manage there is not time or space here to list them.  However, the FIRST is the risk of hiring an individual to fill a job opening.  That person may not work out at all, or may start well but fail later, or may even quietly cause havoc within the organization.

Meanwhile, the job CREATOR has assumed all the risks of trying to manage a flow of activity that leads to satisfied customers and a flow of income sufficient to cover expenses (of job holders, for example) and to generate a small return to sustain the business, if the activity is a business, or benefit to society if that is the focus of the enterprise.

This morning, after thinking about your post overnight, I asked Mr. Google to deliver a list of occupations that create jobs.

Google came close, but it is just a computer program, and it missed the mark. Below is my feedback to the programmers at Google, and the top page of results delivered in response to the search request:

Google search string: occupations that create jobs

Feedback to Google:
In hopes that this comment will reach a human being, I'd like to ask for help with the google request I entered this morning. The request was for "occupations that create jobs". I observe that the Google algorithm betrays the almost universal mind blockage that I find in almost every person I meet or talk to. The general mind set is to think like a victim.  A person looking for a job is a victim of circumstances defined by others. Those others are the job creators, who are an indispensable element of the human economy, but I find/observe that most humans have not met a job creator, and worse, cannot imagine becoming one.  The results I would have liked to have seen would have listed automobile service shop operator, as just one example of thousands that should have shown up.
(th)

Actual results delivered by Google 2019/12/07:

10 Careers With the Most Annual Job Openings: 2016-2026
Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers. Getty Images. ...
Retail Salespersons. Getty Images. ...
Cashiers. Getty Images. ...
Waiters and Waitresses. Getty Images. ...
Personal Care Aides. ...
Hand Laborers and Material Movers. ...
Customer Service Representatives. ...
General Office Clerks.
More items...

Careers With the Most Job Openings - 2016-2026
https://www.thebalancecareers.com › careers-with-most-job-openings-4587335
Search for: What careers are in demand?

People also ask
What jobs have the most vacancies?

What jobs are in high demand 2019?

What jobs are easy to get and pay well?

What jobs are needed in the future?

Occupations with the most job growth : U.S. Bureau of Labor ...
https://www.bls.gov › emp › tables › occupations-most-job-growth
Sep 4, 2019 - Table 1.4 Occupations with the most job growth, 2018 and projected 2028 (Numbers in thousands). 2018 National Employment Matrix title and ...

Most New Jobs - Bureau of Labor Statistics
https://www.bls.gov › ooh › most-new-jobs
Sep 4, 2019 - Most New Jobs. Most new jobs: 20 occupations with the highest projected numeric change in employment. ... Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Most New Jobs,
Careers with Largest Employment | Careers | CareerOneStop
https://www.careeronestop.org › Toolkit › careers-largest-employment
See which careers have the largest number of jobs, in any state or nationally.
Careers with Most Openings | Careers | CareerOneStop
https://www.careeronestop.org › Toolkit › Careers › careers-most-openings
These are the occupations expected to have the most annual job openings over a 10-year period. You can view this list for any state by changing the location ...
Careers With the Most Job Openings - 2016-2026
https://www.thebalancecareers.com › ... › Basics › College Majors
Career One Stop.). Most of these occupations require no more than a high school or equivalency diploma, and employers usually provide on-the-job training.
The 100 Best Jobs in America | Best Jobs Rankings | US ...
https://money.usnews.com › Money › Careers › Rankings
US News ranks the 100 best jobs in America by scoring 7 factors like salary, ... to advance throughout our careers and provide a satisfying work-life balance.
The 25 Best Jobs of 2019 | Careers | US News
https://money.usnews.com › Money › Careers
Jan 8, 2019 - Health care jobs require years of higher education. But workers willing and able to make that investment see it pay dividends in the form of high ...

The 25 Best Jobs of 2019 | Careers | US News
https://money.usnews.com › Money › Careers
Jan 8, 2019 - Health care jobs require years of higher education. But workers willing and able to make that investment see it pay dividends in the form of high ...
25 Highest Paid Occupations in the U.S. for 2019 - Investopedia
https://www.investopedia.com › Careers › Salaries & Compensation
According to the BLS, employment of healthcare occupations is projected to grow 14% from 2018 to 2028—adding about 1.9 million new jobs. This growth is ...
[PDF]Opportunity Occupations - Philadelphia Fed
https://www.philadelphiafed.org › identifying_opportunity_occupations
by a high degree of opportunity employment — jobs ... occupations, the share of jobs available to ... reports do provide estimates for states (Carnevale,. Strohl ...
21 Future Jobs the Robots Are Actually Creating | Inc.com
https://www.inc.com › jessica-stillman › 21-future-jobs-robots-are-actually-c...
Dec 6, 2017 - What will these new gigs look like exactly? The report imagines detailed job ads for 21 future careers that Cognizant thinks may emerge in the ...
Searches related to occupations that create jobs
what careers will have the most job openings
most in demand jobs
highest paying jobs
fastest growing careers
bureau of labor statistics
fastest growing jobs by state
fastest growing careers florida
bureau of labor statistics job growth chart

(th)

#48 2019-12-07 14:29:32

SpaceNut
Administrator

SpaceNut wrote:
tahanson43206 wrote:

10 Careers With the Most Annual Job Openings: 2016-2026

Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers. Getty Images. ...
Retail Salespersons. Getty Images. ...
Cashiers. Getty Images. ...
Waiters and Waitresses. Getty Images. ...
Personal Care Aides. ...
Hand Laborers and Material Movers. ...
Customer Service Representatives. ...
General Office Clerks.

these are general job types of which from the list are service providing services and what we desire is general business types..

business or company types list: mining, drilling, repair, ect..

https://www.volusion.com/blog/content/i … ng-biz.jpg

The Seven Most Popular Types of Businesses

https://www.volusion.com/blog/content/i … nesses.png

Types of business structures

https://storage.googleapis.com/mrkt-ima … siness.png

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-bu … structures

Legal and tax considerations enter into selecting a business structure.
https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/r … usinesses/
    Sole Proprietorships
    Partnerships
    Corporations
    S Corporations
    Limited Liability Company (LLC)

Small Business Administration's Choose a business structure web page.
https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/laun … -structure

#49 2019-12-07 14:30:16

SpaceNut
Administrator

kbd512 wrote:

tahanson43206 and SpaceNut,

Bravo!

You've done more to explain the fundamentals of the legal peculiarities of operating a particular type of business than I've seen collected in internet posts elsewhere.  I would add that the process of learning the various laws and regulations can take several months, sometimes longer, so before you decide to quit your job and work for yourself, there's a lot to learn.  All of it is stuff that anyone who will be successful in business can and must learn.  Here in America, there are minimum standards for nearly everything.  Working knowledge of the various applicable laws is no different in that regard.  Although it is a barrier to entry, it's by no means insurmountable and protects everyone involved from needless injury or loss of life or property.  Ignorance of the law will never be an accepted excuse for failing to follow the law.  We should split all of this stuff out into its own topic, perhaps entitled, "So, you want to start your own business..."

At a federal level, the other two very important things you need to know about are our labor laws and environmental laws.  State and local laws can vary substantially, which is where you really should seek expert legal advice before undertaking activities that may run afoul of local-level laws.  The IRS / DoL / EPA are all pretty responsive to inquiries, or at least I've always found them to be very courteous and helpful, and the laws your business will be subject to are relatively straightforward.  However, compliance is often less straightforward.  There are summaries on the various federal websites to explain the minutia of the various laws.

Apart from that, then dependent upon what you're making or providing services for, you may also need to know about laws specific to your line of business.  For example, if you make and sell food products, then you'll need to comply with various federal and state laws regarding health and human safety, typically governed by the FDA and the state's health and human safety department where your manufacturing operations are located.  Even if a third party manufactures a baked good for resale by your business, you can still be in legal jeopardy for failing to comply with the laws where the product is sold.  Package labeling immediately comes to mind.  For employee safety, OSHA regulations will, more or less, always apply.  If your business makes heavy use of tools or chemicals or industrial processes, then you'll definitely want to know those regulations inside and out, and appropriate PPE to employees.  In general, it's a good idea to know the applicable OSHA regulations, no matter what kind of business you're running.

#50 2019-12-07 14:50:25

SpaceNut
Administrator

Some of which are the setting up or starting a business or company risk factors in the planning of a business proposal if you are looking for funding.

The Launching Your Startup, Consider These 5 Risks or 7 Risks Every Entrepreneur Must Take

https://www.business2community.com/star … ss-0158188

https://fundingsage.com/14-startup-risk … -consider/

Dont forget the insurance of all types....

All it takes is one wild card – the cost of raw materials or rent shoots up, a customer doesn't pay – and your company's suddenly struggling.

10 Key Risk Factors to Minimize for Startup Success. Team experience and depth risk. Market and opportunity risk. Competitive risk. Financial risk. Market entry strategy risk. Political and economic risk. Technology risk. Businesses with high attrition rate risk.

you can certainly take a few steps to mitigate it.

Board footer