New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2018-12-03 20:44:15

Yucaliptous2
Banned

Epilepsy

I dont know if this is the right place for this but i need help. Hi Mom here, I have a son who's been diagnosed with childhood epilepsy syndrome, this means their epilepsy has specific characteristics. These can include the type of seizure or seizures they have, the age when the seizures started and the specific results of an electroencephalogram (EEG).An EEG test is painless, and it records the electrical activity of the brain. In my son's case, he has "benign" which means they usually have a good outcome and usually go away once the child reaches a certain age. And as a mom, I don't want my son to suffer this kind of illness for a very long time. He's 5 yrs old now and he is doing great in school. That's why I am searching the best solution for my son and as along the way, I saw this www worldwide-marijuana-seeds com/products/gorilla-glue-4 can be the solution to my problem. But I did not try it yet. So am just asking if it safe for my son? Any reply will highly appreciate. Thanks in advance.

#2 2018-12-03 22:28:11

kbd512
Administrator

Re: Epilepsy

Yucaliptous2,

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.  Always seek professional medical consultation from at least 2 or more different medical practitioners who are qualified to diagnose and treat specific medical ailments.

First, I'm sorry that this has happened to your son, but I will also tell you that life will typically go on.  My younger brother has had epilepsy since he was a teenager, as well as a couple of my cousins.  My wife also had a series of seizures following her first brain surgery, but thankfully nothing after her second brain surgery.

Unfortunately, in my little brother's case his condition is permanent.  He's been prescribed a number of anti-convulsant drugs, to include marijuana, but he stuck with something else because marijuana had other effects he didn't like.  That said, if your son's doctors have tried everything else and the undesirable side effects or actual results are as bad as or worse than the symptoms, then it might be time to consider marijuana.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Response to treatment varies from person to person.  It may also be time to see different doctors if you haven't done that already.  Not all practitioners of medicine have equal skill and experience.  Doctors are still humans who can and do make mistakes.  It should also be noted that all drugs have side effects.  Some or more tolerable than others.  If anyone told you there are no side effects from using marijuana or any other pharmaceuticals, then once again I'm sorry, but they lied to you.  No matter what anyone else tells you to the contrary, marijuana does have undesirable side effects on growing brains and yet, some of the prescription pharmaceuticals can be even worse in some patients.

I think it's a travesty that the medical community hasn't better characterized the medicinal effects of marijuana, but the stupid in our government runs deep and it runs thick.  Nuff said on that.

In closing, this is a decision that you should seek advice on from multiple neurologists.  A forum on Mars exploration is not an appropriate place for dispensing medical advice and I have merely relayed what little I know from living with a family member who has severe epilepsy.

#3 2018-12-04 22:08:49

clark

kbd512, you got catfished on this.

The post was generated to illicit responses and further reinforce clicks through to the website referenced in the post.

Guns and Akido do not defend from all attacks.

In another life we would have been friends. Cheers.

#4 2018-12-05 09:57:48

SpaceNut
Administrator

The buzz word was the tip off, to sutler....

#5 2018-12-05 18:14:01

kbd512
Administrator

clark,

I briefly thought about whether or not to report or reply before I posted my response.  On the off-chance that the poster was just a reader of this forum with a sick child who joined in a sincere attempt to ask for help for her sick child, I relayed what little information I could about the subject matter.  Epilepsy has been a nearly debilitating issue for a few of my family members and many of the anti-convulsants prescribed by various doctors didn't have the desired effect.  I decided that erring on the side of not being an arrogant ass by presuming to know things I did not was the best way to respond.

You could always choose to be more friendly in this life, even if it takes more effort.  Anyway, as you said...  Cheers.

#6 2018-12-05 20:24:20

clark

Yeah, I hear you. But come on, a non-poster sliding into a forum about Mars to talk about their epileptic kid? You bring it up, okay, you have some street cred here to ask an honest question in a moment of panic. Someone without history? They are just here to take advantage of people who are at their cores, dreamers. It is doubly offending if it there is predation on people here who actually suffer from this or have family that does.

I can be more friendly. I should be more friendly. I will try. Sorry for being a dick.

I'm a misanthrope.  Thus an empty planet draws me, so I find myself here.  Work in progress and all. Take care and may your Christmas be merry.

#7 2018-12-05 22:04:59

kbd512
Administrator

clark,

In the gun forums I frequent, we often have people who join just to ask specific questions.  Sometimes they stick around, sometimes they continue lurking, and sometimes they just want their information and leave.  But you're correct.  The spammers are a constant source of irritation.  Unless something is just blatantly obvious as malicious or illegal in nature, I try to presume the best until proven otherwise.

Don't be a misanthrope.  Most people aren't that bad.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer solitude, but only the few people I care about have given my life any deeper meaning.  The rest of this life is just a very odd game with ill-defined rules.  If nothing else, it's an interesting time to be alive.

There's some part of my psyche that thoroughly enjoys the magnificent desolation of space.  I think I'd like to be integrated into a starship as part of the machine, if such technology existed, to enable me to travel the universe to try to get answers to my questions.  I have so many.

Last but not least, merry Christmas to you, too.

#8 2018-12-05 22:40:51

clark

All that space, it would be sad if at the end, all our questions were answered.

Check out "We are legion" by Dennis Taylor. It's an easy read, and a novel take on the genre. Speaks directly to your fantasy. I read the series, and while there are some trite conceits, it is good popcorn fare.

https://www.amazon.com/Are-Legion-Bob-B … B01LWAESYQ

Board footer