New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#576 2018-11-29 08:30:27

Tmcom

Re: The Real Mars

louis wrote:

I've certainly read - and I think this is NASA's position - that (in reverse to Earth) the sky tends to be blue at dawn and twilight but reddish during the day.

Ok, the thing l saw may be the sun setting,  for the blue image, and so forth, but unfortunately NASA is tripping over the mound of BS they have made for themselves, here is an example of this...

https://mars.nasa.gov/resources/22159/i … te=insight

Official NASA site showing this first image....

Jt1okJ7.jpg

jd4EGUC.jpg

And this one which l got from the video showing the descent and first image, (l can promise you that that part showing the real sky color will be removed, hence the reason l took a screen shot).

This image which is the first, totally different colors of the same image.

If the image is color and it is the first then this BS manipulation, is intentional and unnecessary.

We may as well get used to this sort of see spot run hide and seek nonsense, the dumb minority don't want to know, and have been brainwashed for so long the black and white evidence above won't sink in.

In 15 years time all will know.

smile

#577 2018-11-29 09:37:35

kbd512
Administrator

Why does it have to be a conspiracy that we have a difficult time calibrating the color scale used by the CCD imagers correctly in an environment unlike that of Earth?

If they fully understood the process, then why do you think every one of these missions carries a color calibration palette on it for the cameras to use to calibrate their color settings?

I can at least speak for myself when I say that I really want to know what Mars looks like and I'd be more than willing to chase down every single interesting find or anomaly discovered, but I'm not willing to chalk up each weird thing that a computer or CCD imager does to nefarious government activity.

If our government already knew what Mars was like and that it had alien life on it, then why would NASA keep presenting new opportunities for their censors to "forget" to cover something up?  Don't you think they'd get magic piles of cash from Congress to go investigate if they found conclusive evidence of extraterrestrial life?

That part doesn't make much sense to me.  In light of the recent disclosures on UFO's that even include testimony from military personnel about what they saw, why would they try to hide a tree or a bush on Mars when they're showing gun camera footage from fighter jets yankin and bankin with UFO's that are more maneuverable and faster than anything we have in the inventory?

A cactus on Mars would frighten the public too much, but a flying object here on Earth that looks like it came straight outta Independence Day wouldn't?

Seems implausible to me, but I don't have enough info.  That one photo you guys posted looked exactly like a garden variety tree and that's something that would cause me to steer Curiosity towards it to figure out what it was, but the rest are so blurry that I don't know what to make of them.  They could all mean something or they could just be the effects of poor calibration or radiation that's fried the electronics.  That's why some of us want to send humans.  If there's something on Mars that's moving, then we'd surely find it if we sent humans.  Until then, thanks for posting the interesting finds.

#578 2018-11-29 11:19:06

louis

A lot of vision comes down to what is happening in the brain rather than the landscape. I remember when we were bathed in an eerie orange glow (after a Saharan dust storm blew over the UK) after half an hour your "eyes" (ie brain) started to adjust and although you could see the orange glow was everywhere, nevertheless the brain was kind of differentiating all the orange tinted colours to accord with expectations. Vision is a complex thing!

kbd512 wrote:

Why does it have to be a conspiracy that we have a difficult time calibrating the color scale used by the CCD imagers correctly in an environment unlike that of Earth?

If they fully understood the process, then why do you think every one of these missions carries a color calibration palette on it for the cameras to use to calibrate their color settings?

I can at least speak for myself when I say that I really want to know what Mars looks like and I'd be more than willing to chase down every single interesting find or anomaly discovered, but I'm not willing to chalk up each weird thing that a computer or CCD imager does to nefarious government activity.

If our government already knew what Mars was like and that it had alien life on it, then why would NASA keep presenting new opportunities for their censors to "forget" to cover something up?  Don't you think they'd get magic piles of cash from Congress to go investigate if they found conclusive evidence of extraterrestrial life?

That part doesn't make much sense to me.  In light of the recent disclosures on UFO's that even include testimony from military personnel about what they saw, why would they try to hide a tree or a bush on Mars when they're showing gun camera footage from fighter jets yankin and bankin with UFO's that are more maneuverable and faster than anything we have in the inventory?

A cactus on Mars would frighten the public too much, but a flying object here on Earth that looks like it came straight outta Independence Day wouldn't?

Seems implausible to me, but I don't have enough info.  That one photo you guys posted looked exactly like a garden variety tree and that's something that would cause me to steer Curiosity towards it to figure out what it was, but the rest are so blurry that I don't know what to make of them.  They could all mean something or they could just be the effects of poor calibration or radiation that's fried the electronics.  That's why some of us want to send humans.  If there's something on Mars that's moving, then we'd surely find it if we sent humans.  Until then, thanks for posting the interesting finds.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#579 2018-11-29 20:35:45

Tmcom

kbd512 wrote:

Because Mars is the only planet in our solar system with this issue!

Saturns moon, no prob's, Venus and the Russian probes, no prob's, but Mars, must be overrun with ghosts that keep messing up,.....

This is obvious, we know as a fact now, that Mars can support liquid water at ground level, and there is very good evidence, (well the water droplets and wet ground l found previously, could have only come from rain) slam dunk evidence that Mars air pressure is Earth like, which means NASA is lying.

I would suggest you go back to that one, (water droplets on the rover) before commenting further here!

Lol, this conversation gets funnier and funnier, maybe the Russians should take over, they landed several times on Venus, with crippling pressures and open oven temp's, and for the 40 odd minutes before it succumbed, it took perfect color images of the landscape.

No, NASA is US military run, and they don't want disclosure yet, as that would lead to free energy and denting crude oil profits, (100 trillion dollars of crude oil profits in the ground, kills the magic piles of cash idea, as does crashing the stockmarket.

Because jets following a UFO, with CGI can be faked, and the skeptics can dismiss it. The UFO l found following the Apollo atranuats is a slam dunk in regards to NASA, and Buzz fibbing, (and impossible for a 10 ton panel to reverse and play catchup)

Ok, but ponder this, when l found water droplets on the rover, with the only explanation being that the rover sprung a leak, (l checked, the rover is working perfectly, and radiator coolent leaking into the electronics would show something) then rain is the only explanation.

That image should be front page news, but we hear nothing?

NASA is telling individuals which can see it without the monkey mind kicking in, that Mars is Earthlike and inhabited, but doing it in such a way that the monkeys can dismiss it for the most part.

But if l showed the water droplet image elsewhere, (solid proof) l can guarantee you that anger, and every demented reason under the sun would ensure. Or l would be attacked for posting it, or preschool replys would occur.

Maybe some alternatives, but overall anger, and stupid comebacks.

People for the most part just don't want to know, they want to believe NASA never lies, and Mars is a dead rock, and that counter evidence can always be dismissed.

But evidence cannot be dismissed, and not buried forever. NASA will show a HD image of a tree on Mars, but only when third party interests are making it so difficualt to bury that they may as well get it over with, before Musk,etc tells everyone.

A lot of vision comes down to what is happening in the brain rather than the landscape. I remember when we were bathed in an eerie orange glow (after a Saharan dust storm blew over the UK) after half an hour your "eyes" (ie brain) started to adjust and although you could see the orange glow was everywhere, nevertheless the brain was kind of differentiating all the orange tinted colours to accord with expectations. Vision is a complex thing!

And the human mind, unfortunately.

hmm

#580 2018-11-30 19:00:45

louis

Another excellent video from Joe White. 

To my eye, the "Gravestone" is a very compelling image. The rounded arch relief is definitely to be seen in the original and it does look like some sort of pattern therein.

Edit: Sorry see I omitted the link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygNLe8pssw&t=174s

Last edited by louis (2018-12-04 10:59:26)

#581 2018-12-04 04:24:13

Tmcom

VRIDSUT.jpg

Two more good examples of clouds with the potential of forming rain, (according to NASA mars only has wispy, high altitude clouds that have no water bearing properties).

Yeah, right.

smile

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-12-04 04:25:08)

#582 2018-12-04 10:58:04

louis

Those look like rocks not clouds.Has something got lost in translation?

Tmcom wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/VRIDSUT.jpg

Two more good examples of clouds with the potential of forming rain, (according to NASA mars only has wispy, high altitude clouds that have no water bearing properties).

Yeah, right.

smile

#583 2018-12-04 19:22:53

louis

Not sure I posted this before (might have done), but this is one of the best artefact finds on Mars because it is so close to the camera  and the detail is quite clear ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ao_pjR … J9yKFvYlUG

How many stones or rocks would you have to look at on Earth before you turned up at before you turned up one with  such a perfect facial alignment of nose, ear, mouth, chin, hair and eye, even eyebrow? I would suggest on average a lot more than the Rovers have looked at. I have never come across one and I've always had an eye for interesting pebbles and stones. I've never come across one that looks anything like a face or facial profile, let alone a face this good.

This is a lot more than pareidolia. No one is straining to see a facial profile here. It is perfectly clear. The issue is whether, like monkeys typing a Shakespeare play, this has happened randomly or whether it is indeed an artefact create by some sort of intelligent being.

#584 2018-12-04 20:10:49

Tmcom

louis wrote:

Those look like rocks not clouds.Has something got lost in translation?

Tmcom wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/VRIDSUT.jpg

Yeah, right.

smile

True, not the best example, but the bottom one does show clouds with underlying dark areas, or a build up of water vapour, (on the left).

And the video face, good try, but on closer inspection the left eye, mouth are the rover being reflec, back.

cool

#585 2018-12-06 03:04:49

Tmcom

I badly wanted to say that this was a martian rabbit, but it is a ref, rock, no more, sniff.

T40dlQE.jpg

hmm

#586 2018-12-06 18:45:38

SpaceNut
Administrator

I love the shark fin... you can see where the water lines were in the image for what mars had before losing most of it. Where it looks to have covered the peak of the hill

#587 2018-12-10 04:52:23

Tmcom

fnGf5iy.jpg

More signs of water or recent rainfall.

x78D9B0.jpg

This one interesting structures, with the middle one being my favorite, (distant white buildings).

cool

#588 2018-12-10 20:36:11

Tmcom

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn … -rolls-on/

This crap gets funnier by the day.

NASA can't explain why one of its rovers has what looks like a torrential downpour on the rover which cleans 70% of the dust off its panels, while the other one doens't, (well Opportunity is dead, but when it was sending back stuff).

Might have something to do with the water droplets l saw all over the more recent one recently and the wet ground, and the storm clouds and......

When l come here l feel like that l am writing a doctorate in what Mars is really like, and elsewhere, writing a Mars 101, for preschoolers.

Some are determined to believe that Mar is dead, eventhough the data NASA is giving humanity now, is full of contradictions and down right impossible events.

I don't see what the big deal is anyway, Mars is the second habitable planet in our solar system, that we know of, that can support life.

I guess that it is the supporting life part that keeps a ball and chain around common sense.

And you will notice that they say that the dust was baked on pretty well, or in other words a mini cyclone would have been the only way to get 70% of it off, but heavy rain and wind for a long enough period could easily have achieved the result.

And NASA calls it a Carwash, just for the irony of it all, (they know that it is rain and wind, as we do).

hmm

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-12-11 04:49:32)

#589 2018-12-14 02:47:58

Tmcom

qlhTKCT.jpg

A possible puddle up top and examples of rainclouds below.

0zzUs7d.jpg

I really want to say that this is a piece of metal, but it is probably the rovers wheel.

Middle, dark thing the rovers mast cam, the green background and some weird stemmed blobs, a mystery, (well, they are either plants or artificial in nature).

cool

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-12-14 02:50:16)

#590 2018-12-14 17:52:28

SpaceNut
Administrator

The amount of dust that seems to just hang in the air of mars is surprising.

The color image in post above shows a wet rover wheel impression....

#591 2018-12-15 04:04:58

Tmcom

SpaceNut wrote:

The amount of dust that seems to just hang in the air of mars is surprising.

The color image in post above shows a wet rover wheel impression....

The dust,...no, that is NASA red/orange filtering virtually every image they process. This is the actual color of one of the previous images, or all images.

Mq2lz1I.jpg

2mrwVg3.jpg

Yep, this entire area is wet or damp, as is shown here, (shows a small puddle on the right).

CMeqTGF.jpg

And this showing water running off the hill, (top) and into a gully, (closeup shows a reflection here and there).

Mars is a wet world, and the downpours on the NASA solar panels, on their probes and rovers, makes it more so. Unfortunately they continue to play dumb when asked.

hmm

#592 2018-12-16 19:10:42

louis

Good to see mainstream media finally getting to grips with some of these seriously weird images of artefacts on Mars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jas1Ayk0kfU

I hope this can garner a response from NASA, who have by and large maintained a puzzling silence of have simply squawked "pareidolia" every now and then.

Last edited by louis (2018-12-17 05:09:43)

#593 2018-12-16 19:18:12

SpaceNut
Administrator

Sure would be nice to see the pictures inpost 591 again in a few days to see the effects of time....

#594 2018-12-17 04:15:34

Tmcom

Good to see mainstream media finally getting to grips with some of these seriously weird images of artefacts on Mars...

I hope this can garner a response from NASA, how have by and large maintained a puzzling silence of have simply squawked "pareidolia" every now and then.

Yees, the face he talked about is probably a reflection for the most part, and some of the other ones, are questionable, but the square on the base of the hill is a good one.

NASA will BS there way out of any corner they find themselves in, since they will not show the HD tree til the year 2033, which will ultimately lead to free energy and a slump in oil profits, when the whole martian thing becomes apparent.

They should do a doc, on the rain drops on the rover, l would like to see them get out of that one?

SpaceNut wrote:

Sure would be nice to see the pictures inpost 591 again in a few days to see the effects of time....

Yes, usually unlikely, but l will keep an eye out.

cool

#595 2018-12-17 05:11:04

louis

If you could find me a reflection like that in a natural rocky landscape on Earth I might believe you.

Tmcom wrote:

I hope this can garner a response from NASA, how have by and large maintained a puzzling silence of have simply squawked "pareidolia" every now and then.

Yees, the face he talked about is probably a reflection for the most part, and some of the other ones, are questionable, but the square on the base of the hill is a good one.

NASA will BS there way out of any corner they find themselves in, since they will not show the HD tree til the year 2033, which will ultimately lead to free energy and a slump in oil profits, when the whole martian thing becomes apparent.

They should do a doc, on the rain drops on the rover, l would like to see them get out of that one?

SpaceNut wrote:

Yes, usually unlikely, but l will keep an eye out.

cool

#596 2018-12-17 20:23:32

Tmcom

louis wrote:

If you could find me a reflection like that in a natural rocky landscape on Earth I might believe you.

Took another close look at it, and it is a reflection, probably of some plant, and part of the rover, (seeing the sun, shining through the clouds makes that pretty obvious).

I commend these people for putting in the effort, into making a quality doc, but their material could be better.

A case in point, is the temple in the image with the hill, (Spirit or Opp, image) which l also found years ago, and thought that it was legit til recently when after careful study found that it was a reflection of the rover; hamster one, same, lizard one, sa,...well that was a house, but still.

I certainly hope that this isn't funded by NASA or the uS gov, l have seen UFO doc, in the past, that where, and had credible witnesses and computer animation for the UFO's, (not really what l would call evidence) and the scariest first contacts imaginable, or clearly a propaganda doc, for skeptics.

I may leave a message under their video, so hopefully next time, the rain on the rover will get aired.

cool

#597 2018-12-19 07:47:51

louis

I was really asking for a photo of a rock on Earth that shows that sort of reflection.

Tmcom wrote:
louis wrote:

Took another close look at it, and it is a reflection, probably of some plant, and part of the rover, (seeing the sun, shining through the clouds makes that pretty obvious).

I commend these people for putting in the effort, into making a quality doc, but their material could be better.

A case in point, is the temple in the image with the hill, (Spirit or Opp, image) which l also found years ago, and thought that it was legit til recently when after careful study found that it was a reflection of the rover; hamster one, same, lizard one, sa,...well that was a house, but still.

I certainly hope that this isn't funded by NASA or the uS gov, l have seen UFO doc, in the past, that where, and had credible witnesses and computer animation for the UFO's, (not really what l would call evidence) and the scariest first contacts imaginable, or clearly a propaganda doc, for skeptics.

I may leave a message under their video, so hopefully next time, the rain on the rover will get aired.

cool

#598 2018-12-19 07:55:24

louis

Some remarkable structures on Mars -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdTPGntfag

I've never seen anything like that on Earth which is of natural formation.

#599 2018-12-19 10:02:42

Tmcom

louis wrote:

I was really asking for a photo of a rock on Earth that shows that sort of reflection.

Ok.

n4L4hJk.jpg

Best l could find on Earth, (very reflective, volcanic rock, or clearly reflecting the light source).

woC2jF3.jpg

Someone else spotted a reflective rock on Mars, or silica or silver rock, (looks like someone shined up a silver nugget).

And the video, yep probably an ancient foundations of a house, obviously NASA can squirm, but more likely a house than not.

smile

#600 2018-12-23 04:28:56

Tmcom

JeaMrXC.jpg

The rover is clearly driving over some muddy or wet dirt, (and probably leaving a puddle, but the small stream further down is more likely).

dNvvy5Y.jpg

This one shows the rovers details, (foreground) and still the sun setting and obvious water bearing clouds in the sky, (you can't have this much gray under a high altitude, cirrus cloud, that is devoid of moisture).

Going by the Sols or martian days, (1 Sol is a day) Mars had rain about 4 days ago, (Sol 588-592) and recently going by the wet dirt, etc.

So if Mars did have a drought, it seems that it has broken,...possibly recently.

cool

Board footer