New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#476 2018-09-05 04:44:45

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

Ok, first off Mars sky at sunset...best til last as always. smile

y7m2B5v.jpg

Obvious storm clouds top, and mist or rain bottom?

gVYO5pd.jpg

And another,...pretty obvious that rain clouds are present.

xzFn55c.jpg

And this? Several ref, rocks show this, so it isn't a rock detail, bottom image show what is probably the rovers wheel, on the right, since it isn't there on the top image, and the CP only shows coffee, gray.

ne1CrP6.jpg

Best guess that this is a dead tree.

tF3pYzb.jpg

And this which shows a dead tree or plant, the top is green, possibly a prickle plant like we get in Earths deserts?

And this...

7VOwtE9.jpg

A pretty good look at a tree, white trunk, and obvious signs of branches and leaves. CP shows strong areas of green.


#470

https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/ra … DXXX&s=588
https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/ra … DXXX&s=588
https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/ra … DXXX&s=588

cool

0588     MR0024610210400413E01_D
0588     MR0024610230400415E01_D
0588     MR0024610290400421E01_D
0588     MR0024610220400414E01_D
0588     MR0024610260400418E01_D
0588     MR0024610270400419E01_D

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-09-05 04:49:36)

Offline

#477 2018-09-05 05:32:54

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 3,720

Re: The Real Mars

I think this is one of the most intriguing videos on possible life on Mars so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysBWE1_YmA

It appears we have two pics from NASA of the same area.  In one we can see an insect-like form. In the other it appears not to be there...which of course suggests that the "insect" moved.

V. interesting I think.  Could be one of the strongest ever confirmations of life on Mars.  Joe White also raises the possiblity that some of the "rocks" we see on Mars might be insect-created mounds, like termite mounds on Earth.

Any thoughts?


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#478 2018-09-05 07:02:35

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

louis wrote:

I think this is one of the most intriguing videos on possible life on Mars so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysBWE1_YmA

It appears we have two pics from NASA of the same area.  In one we can see an insect-like form. In the other it appears not to be there...which of course suggests that the "insect" moved.

V. interesting I think.  Could be one of the strongest ever confirmations of life on Mars.  Joe White also raises the possiblity that some of the "rocks" we see on Mars might be insect-created mounds, like termite mounds on Earth.

Any thoughts?

Nice one, Louis, but l believe that both images are plants, the second a reflective rock, and the first, probably a baby fern or plant, which as the video showed, in one image and not the next.

cool

Offline

#479 2018-09-05 18:40:47

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 3,720

Re: The Real Mars

The are thousands of patterns in the two images. What do you mean "both images are plants"? Both? That makes no sense. If you mean the insect-like form we can see is a plant fair enough but it doesn't appear in the second pic...which you then appear to accept.

Tmcom wrote:
louis wrote:

I think this is one of the most intriguing videos on possible life on Mars so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysBWE1_YmA

It appears we have two pics from NASA of the same area.  In one we can see an insect-like form. In the other it appears not to be there...which of course suggests that the "insect" moved.

V. interesting I think.  Could be one of the strongest ever confirmations of life on Mars.  Joe White also raises the possiblity that some of the "rocks" we see on Mars might be insect-created mounds, like termite mounds on Earth.

Any thoughts?

Nice one, Louis, but l believe that both images are plants, the second a reflective rock, and the first, probably a baby fern or plant, which as the video showed, in one image and not the next.

cool


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#480 2018-09-05 22:50:15

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

louis wrote:

The are thousands of patterns in the two images. What do you mean "both images are plants"? Both? That makes no sense. If you mean the insect-like form we can see is a plant fair enough but it doesn't appear in the second pic...which you then appear to accept.

Tmcom wrote:
louis wrote:

I think this is one of the most intriguing videos on possible life on Mars so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysBWE1_YmA

It appears we have two pics from NASA of the same area.  In one we can see an insect-like form. In the other it appears not to be there...which of course suggests that the "insect" moved.

V. interesting I think.  Could be one of the strongest ever confirmations of life on Mars.  Joe White also raises the possiblity that some of the "rocks" we see on Mars might be insect-created mounds, like termite mounds on Earth.

Any thoughts?

Nice one, Louis, but l believe that both images are plants, the second a reflective rock, and the first, probably a baby fern or plant, which as the video showed, in one image and not the next.

cool

No, l agree that the first one which he believes is an  insect is a baby fern, and the second without it, has bee Photoshopped out, (and they clearly did a bad job at that).

The second one he discussed at 12.38 or the anthill, is probably the rover being reflected back in a freaky rock, but l can't be 100% sure of that.

Either way, more solid evidence that NASA is hiding stuff.

smile

Offline

#481 2018-09-06 10:29:16

M-Albion-3D
Member
From: Malibu CA
Registered: 2018-05-02
Posts: 51

Re: The Real Mars

Thanks again Tmcom for taking the time to upload the links below but I think your effort has not been in vain. It looks to me as though you may have landed on something very special here guy.

All I've done here is to pay focus on this most strange looking data point which appears to be "draped" over the supporting rock strata, although draped may not be the right word as the anomaly appears to be floating somewhat.

What I also find intriguing, is the defined "ring" over the back of the object. Just visible.

From my perspective, this object could one of several possibilities, the least of which, is the unlike result of geological process IMO.

This is where 3-D comes in handy. An "ornament" perhaps?

A selection of images in varying contrast levels for download:
3D ornament.zip

7OAlGa.jpg

U0OOQW.jpg

bKHtMX.png

C4qKYH.jpg

#470

https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/ra … DXXX&s=588
https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/ra … DXXX&s=588
https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/ra … DXXX&s=588

cool

0588     MR0024610210400413E01_D
0588     MR0024610230400415E01_D
0588     MR0024610290400421E01_D
0588     MR0024610220400414E01_D
0588     MR0024610260400418E01_D
0588     MR0024610270400419E01_D

Last edited by M-Albion-3D (2018-09-06 11:19:35)

Offline

#482 2018-09-06 22:30:18

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

M-Albion-3D wrote:

Thanks again Tmcom for taking the time to upload the links below but I think your effort has not been in vain. It looks to me as though you may have landed on something very special here guy.

All I've done here is to pay focus on this most strange looking data point which appears to be "draped" over the supporting rock strata, although draped may not be the right word as the anomaly appears to be floating somewhat.

What I also find intriguing, is the defined "ring" over the back of the object. Just visible.

From my perspective, this object could one of several possibilities, the least of which, is the unlike result of geological process IMO.

This is where 3-D comes in handy. An "ornament" perhaps?

A selection of images in varying contrast levels for download:
3D ornament.zip

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/921/7OAlGa.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/924/U0OOQW.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x … bKHtMX.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/924/C4qKYH.jpg

Possibly, l have to be very careful when studying areas of rocks with shadows.

Offline

#483 2018-09-07 04:38:52

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

The sun is still setting...

bJdnD5D.jpg

This took a while to figure out, but the sun is setting on a distant hill or more likely lake, with glistening off the still water further down. The curved thing, some green so a plant of some kind, but the thing on the left is a plant, strong green.

HTnDKXV.jpg

Setting sun, pink/orange sky. And some distant silver glistening buildings.

neUcM63.jpg

Green plants.

smile

0588....

Offline

#484 2018-09-07 17:21:06

louis
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2008-03-24
Posts: 3,720

Re: The Real Mars

Nice collection of Mars anomalies here on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtGfgcSxC04&t=5s

Would be great if we could get humans on the planet to investigate these in detail.


Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Offline

#485 2018-09-07 18:13:33

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 12,522

Re: The Real Mars

What I am puzzled with is all the sedmentary layered rock that is broken and tossed about all over the place....

Offline

#486 2018-09-07 21:19:18

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

louis wrote:

Nice collection of Mars anomalies here on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtGfgcSxC04&t=5s

Would be great if we could get humans on the planet to investigate these in detail.

Nice video and some are certainly artificial, not the skull thought, (rover reflection).


What I am puzzled with is all the sedmentary layered rock that is broken and tossed about all over the place....

Best to read the YT comments Spacenut.

cool

Offline

#487 2018-09-08 03:21:53

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

Ok, weird today, had some serious issues with this image. Either my computer or NASA has started to nobble their images?

But there are ways around their crap, so... smile

ViI49U9.jpg

This is the image in question, and gives us a closer look at the plant l showed previously.

H1nAeN6.jpg

THis one, sun still setting, and the landscape is still showing green tree's or plants, and a lake.

cool

SOL 588

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-09-08 03:23:47)

Offline

#488 2018-09-08 08:12:31

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 12,522

Re: The Real Mars

Talking about the myth of Atlantis and the distruction from a story passed on by Plato?

Offline

#489 2018-09-08 08:34:05

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

SpaceNut wrote:

Talking about the myth of Atlantis and the distruction from a story passed on by Plato?

Ok, l only read the one where someone said that some global disaster struck the planet a long time ago, which accounts for the stuff everywhere.

Offline

#490 2018-09-10 04:39:01

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

More rain. smile

Bqcw1dZ.jpg

And more martian plants.

kL2aQyx.jpg

Y4AXkH1.jpg

The sun is still setting over the martian landscape, (lake and probably plant on the left).

z6mOw88.jpg

This seems to be depicting a flying craft, probably ancient. Probably related to the Atlantian, giant flying craft?

588 - 89

cool

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-09-10 04:40:34)

Offline

#491 2018-09-10 16:52:35

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 12,522

Re: The Real Mars

The first image in post #490 looks like water stream trails.....

Offline

#492 2018-09-11 10:24:27

M-Albion-3D
Member
From: Malibu CA
Registered: 2018-05-02
Posts: 51

Re: The Real Mars

Tmcom wrote:
louis wrote:

Nice collection of Mars anomalies here on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtGfgcSxC04&t=5s

Would be great if we could get humans on the planet to investigate these in detail.

Nice video and some are certainly artificial, not the skull thought, (rover reflection).


What I am puzzled with is all the sedmentary layered rock that is broken and tossed about all over the place....

Best to read the YT comments Spacenut.

cool

Yes, Layered sedimentary "compressed" is flat, it just looked odd there "wrapped" or "curved".

I don't think it's rock, my guess is a drifted dead plant shell of sort.

Offline

#493 2018-09-12 03:03:00

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

SpaceNut wrote:

The first image in post #490 looks like water stream trails.....

Yep.

Run through another 20 images, but nothing worth posting.

hmm

Offline

#494 2018-09-14 03:59:06

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

Ok, plants and water today. smile

JkqfXjH.jpg
BPbUw3l.jpg

Strong green, and definately not the rover.

wP5RzUM.jpg

Sun is still setting.

PWk3rrN.jpg

And Mars soil or dirt is still wet.

This is an area, which has seen recent water flows, and some of the rocks, have the mud, hugging them, (if the dirt was bone dry, you wouldn't get the mud holding onto these pebbles.

cool

0589

Offline

#495 2018-09-15 03:14:09

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

Last of the 589 Sol images.

2g2nqll.jpg

First the rovers wheel being ref, back.

s9lPq00.jpg

Second a martian raincloud, and possibly rain, too hard to tell.

smile

Offline

#496 2018-09-19 03:39:54

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

More rain, plants and clouds. smile

485iPhv.jpg

Top, raincloud or heavy downpour, bottom image, more ferns.

XqiMPTx.jpg

Top, raincloud again, middle, is a rather nice image of the sun setting, over the distant mountain and low lying cloud inbetween the rover and the mountain, which means that especially after a rainly day, (just like on Earth) it gets colder, or cold enough for the clouds to drop down to land levels.

Bottom, could be a martian prickle.

This is of course, impossible, lol.

cool

SOL 590

Offline

#497 2018-09-20 04:54:03

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

More plants and rain-clouds.

c3JUvCV.jpg
Tb8uE0c.jpg

4gKm8UP.jpg

This last image especially shows rain-clouds in the sky, and the top ones, show blue peaking through the overcast sky, or in other words, our sky, overcast or not is a carbon copy of Mars sky.

SOL 590

cool

Offline

#498 2018-09-21 01:35:15

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

More plants...

krmjs4v.jpg

and overcast sky.

wQDJLjc.jpg

And more plants, with some blue mountains in the distance, (right image also shows the same plants and formations, but more compressed, because of the rock angle).

A remarkable planet.

cool

SOL 590

Offline

#499 2018-09-22 03:13:09

Tmcom
Member
Registered: 2017-03-02
Posts: 317

Re: The Real Mars

More examples of water flows...

yXKZbEZ.jpg

Bottom image, lime green landscape, blue sky and the white blob, probably the rover.

Ejgplsa.jpg

JnPU45z.jpg

And this the arrow shows an area that is reflecting the sky and parts of the rover back to us, most likely a large puddle.

smile

590

Offline

#500 2018-09-22 08:10:00

SpaceNut
Administrator
From: New Hampshire
Registered: 2004-07-22
Posts: 12,522

Re: The Real Mars

Nice water flow images but is there any way possible to tell how long ago it did flow. The other think\g to note is the amount of water that would be required to make what we see.
The second image posted in 499 shows just how much dust is in the air of mars.
Image 1 and 3 seem to have some sort of path going down a drain hole indicating open areas below the surface something that needs an answer for the BFR landings....

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB