New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#351 2018-06-24 22:22:39

Tmcom

Re: The Real Mars

louis wrote:

I tend to the view that methane on Mars is being generated by biological processes. But I would just like to say it's pretty pathetic that the scientific community use the word "organic" to cover both inanimate carbon-based chemicals and biologically-produced carbon-based chemicals. Why not just call them carbon-heavy molecules or something like that, to avoid the incorrect inferences and reserve "organic" for chemicals that are produced by organisms?

No, Louis, NASA discloses this as low key as is humanly possible, or they have made their bed, by brainwashing the masses for so long, they have to try to clean it up.

The skeptics just fall back on their well rehearsed lies from NASA, and ignore the above video statement.

And all evidence can also be ignored, (if Hubble/NASA latest images show no atmosphere,and no green then that is reality, just ignore 1990 Hubble, and the kid with the telescope).

It doesn't matter what NASA discloses from now on, they will just ignore it, and cling into Mars is dead, there are no aliens living there, l can sleep safe in my bed tonight idea.

NASA will likely disclose the monolith on Mars moon in 2033 in HD, or likely show Egyptian markings on some of the sides to the world.

And some will show psychotic behavior and still ignore it?

When they land on mars, and show a frickn rainforest, with a gray walking up to say hi, they will probably go clinically insane.

And maybe after a stay in a padded cell, they may ......finally accept it?

SpaceNut wrote:

Well was traveling through the mountains of NH and wondered as I viewed the tops barren with rock faces that had green growth in spurious locations down these sharp faces.
Bare Rock Succession

This generally begins with the establishment of lichens, algae or similar organisms soil builds up, small plants are able to take root.

https://t3.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/14/17/68/50 … ErlUgC.jpg

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock- … 889217.jpg

I was also thinking about the granite which was shown in another post and Plant Life on Granite Outcrops

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/site … k=kwPEOa6S

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/site … k=t3TcSnsm

Nice images Spacenut, the last one is likely to be on Mars.

cool

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-06-24 22:25:03)

#352 2018-06-25 06:04:31

Tmcom

More plants...

5eeozCr.jpg

And we get a reasonably good look at some, looks similar to beetroot, white bulb and green leaves.

ph1Vzuk.jpg

The next one, more tree's, (l color checked these, with strong green showing up) on the left.

On the right is another depiction of an alligators mouth again, and something silver below it?

I initially thought that it was the rover, but the details didn't match, then l realised that these things resembled the two people l spotted before at the pool.

So likely that this is a group of people looking up at this sculpture, (let's hope that they aren't sacrificing anything, lol.

Then the wire thing again, plant or some ancient thing, and on the right of this image, which is probably a giant raincloud, or a reflection of the landscape?

oYqA7v1.jpg

Next is this thing tied up in straggly rope, probably ancient.

CeWfcm9.jpg

And this thing on the left, that is a plant, (color checked it) (see arrow).

ZOHxGEW.jpg

Last one is more trees, and a typical sunset.

0580MR0024070390400034E01_D
0580MR0024070430400038E01_D
0580MR0024070380400033E01_D
0580MR0024070400400035E01_D
0580MR0024070420400037E01_D

cool

PS. this is as close l plant as l could find on Earth that gets close to the martian ones.

K2SDcP4.jpg

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-06-25 06:11:02)

#353 2018-06-27 04:39:25

Tmcom

Nothing much today, apart from the wet ground and rainclouds.

Bd9HksO.jpg
0580MR0024070480400043E01_D

smile

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-06-27 04:40:10)

#354 2018-06-28 06:43:03

Tmcom

Yes, we all need to be on our toes when posting this sort of stuff online.

Just had a runin with a particularly nasty individual elsewhere who used the tactic of dumping as much crap on me as he/she could in order to get a reaction that would have me banned.

I read between the lines, and figured that he, (l will use he, as he/she is clumsy) was trying to wind me up while trying not to get banned himself.

These sorts are pretty easy to spot, they use others as examples, put words in their mouths and make mountains out of molehills.

You need to develop a thick skin when posting stuff like this elsewhere, as some will fight to the death that you are wrong, doens't matter how good the evidence is.

But if you keep away from continuing an argument and state the evidence, the mods will also see what they are doing and put a stop to it, but these types are not too bright to start with, so it is pretty easy to spot their preschool plans.

No, someone who seems like a decent sort, can turn into a complete a****h***, fairy quickly, so be on your guard.

/:

#355 2018-06-28 07:33:06

kbd512
Administrator

Tmcom,

I kinda doubt anyone here is willing to fight anyone else to the death over a "picture" or "not picture" (if it was altered), whatever the case may be, of Mars.  If someone finds a tree on Mars, then that's more newsworthy than anything masquerading as news that I've read in a long time.

We really need a fleet of survey balloons equipped with high resolution cameras and laser communications on Mars to snap photos of larger areas and then transmit their findings back to Earth via an orbital communications satellite that aggregates and stores the data for delivery to Earth.  That's a mission for another opportunity, I suppose.

#356 2018-06-28 09:26:32

Tmcom

kbd512 wrote:

Tmcom,

I kinda doubt anyone here is willing to fight anyone else to the death over a "picture" or "not picture" (if it was altered), whatever the case may be, of Mars.  If someone finds a tree on Mars, then that's more newsworthy than anything masquerading as news that I've read in a long time.

We really need a fleet of survey balloons equipped with high resolution cameras and laser communications on Mars to snap photos of larger areas and then transmit their findings back to Earth via an orbital communications satellite that aggregates and stores the data for delivery to Earth.  That's a mission for another opportunity, I suppose.

No, not fight to the death, (and certainly not here) but it seems like it elsewhere.

These creatures tend to work in pairs, if one has access to areas others don't, so sometimes there is no-where left to hide.

But if one displays psychotic behavior and acts all nice for a time, it is probably just an act.

And this forum is like a glass of water in the desert, or a place where we can discuss this without endless troll-like behavior designed to intimidate and bully you into giving up.

And l agree if a millionaire got of their a***es and put some serious cash into this they could get to Mars and blow the lid on all of this.

Musk is trying to do it, and may get there soon, but any number of things could also mess that up, NASA spooks most likely will blow up the rocket, and set his campaign back by years or longer.

The European telescope that took the very high res, image l showed previously, (and clearly showed green and blue, etc) should be pushed and developed to take as many as it can when mars is close.

And the creatures above, are planks of wood concerning evidence, l told one Mars has a magnetic field, and showed him the NASA video of the distribution pattern, then he conveniently forgot since it didn't fit his NASA tells me it doesn't have one lie.

Then when he said again it doesn't have one, l bought up some papers describing the sporadic MF around Mars.

You literally have to pound away at these sheep to get anywhere, it is like they enjoy being asleep and stupid?

Even a NASA employee from JPL, telling them the Mars may have life, isn't enough to convince, that is true psychoses.

neutral

#357 2018-06-28 14:28:55

louis

I've never seen any really strong evidence for living vegetation like trees on Mars but this, if you saw it on Earth, would definitely be identified by most experts as a petrified tree:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1169373/pg1

I think if there are any living forms on the Mars surface (as opposed to beneath the surface), they are probably similar to fungi or lichen.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#358 2018-06-28 15:11:44

M-Albion-3D
Website

Tmcom wrote:

And this forum is like a glass of water in the desert, or a place where we can discuss this without endless troll-like behavior designed to intimidate and bully you into giving up.

And l agree if a millionaire got of their a***es and put some serious cash into this they could get to Mars and blow the lid on all of this.

neutral

Hey Tmcom, that's good to know re. this forum.

Reading your post's, I sense you are an advocate for biological life on the planet? And btw I am too, so you'll find no psychotic trolling from me in any shape or form.

So, vegetation and microbes are one thing but I'd like to share thoughts on intelligent life anywhere up from potential small surface creatures to advanced intelligent life.

I really like your approach to images; close magnification and patience is rewarding and you've shown that.

I have a question, should we show any images (evidence) either from "surface or satellite" which you feel show intelligent design in one form or another?

Or should that subject be moved to a different forum?

Cheers,
Mal

Last edited by M-Albion-3D (2018-06-28 15:14:06)

#359 2018-06-28 16:20:46

M-Albion-3D
Website

Just looking at some of the Curiosity images on my computer and noticed this beautiful Marscape with awesome "depth of field"

Look at those hills in the background, looks a tad green to me.

bocpsH.jpg

#360 2018-06-28 17:41:51

louis

Yellowy dust in the atmosphere and bluey rocks would give a greenish appearance.

Not sure myself such speculation is of much value till we get people there to check it out.

That said, I think there are some (photographed) artefacts that deserve thorough investigation now.

M-Albion-3D wrote:

Just looking at some of the Curiosity images on my computer and noticed this beautiful Marscape with awesome "depth of field"

Look at those hills in the background, looks a tad green to me.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x … bocpsH.jpg

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#361 2018-06-28 23:12:14

Tmcom

louis wrote:

I've never seen any really strong evidence for living vegetation like trees on Mars but this, if you saw it on Earth, would definitely be identified by most experts as a petrified tree:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1169373/pg1

I think if there are any living forms on the Mars surface (as opposed to beneath the surface), they are probably similar to fungi or lichen.

Yes, l initially saw this and thought, hmm, maybe, but after seeing your other examples l would say so.

The high res, telescope image l showed before shows large areas of green, and some areas of dense or dark green, as well as blue areas, with edges very similar to what we see on Triton or on Earth.

And the blue atmosphere.

Green can only be either iron oxide or plant life, but iron oxide is a yellow color, and green Licken for example isn't going to show denser areas, (licken can't grow on top of itself) nope, either shrubs, rainforest or most likely forests, rainforests is what is on Mars.

Nope, 100% proven that NASA is lying, and that Mars is in the habitable zone.

It is a bit like saying that while living on Mars all our lives, and pointing a telescope at Earth that we keep seeing blue and green and clouds everywhere, with reports that 6 billion people are currently living there.

And since we have heard that Earth is dead all of our lives, cannot comprehend the truth.

And they sent their rovers to our Sahara Desert, with the locals throwing the occasional bone, and doing some rock art.

Our minds cannot handle it, as a lifetime of brainwashing is hard to break, and from what l have seen, (impossible for some) but we have to rely on the evidence, so full disclosure isn't a shock.

M-Albion-3D wrote:
Tmcom wrote:

neutral

Hey Tmcom, that's good to know re. this forum.

Reading your post's, I sense you are an advocate for biological life on the planet? And btw I am too, so you'll find no psychotic trolling from me in any shape or form.

So, vegetation and microbes are one thing but I'd like to share thoughts on intelligent life anywhere up from potential small surface creatures to advanced intelligent life.

I really like your approach to images; close magnification and patience is rewarding and you've shown that.

I have a question, should we show any images (evidence) either from "surface or satellite" which you feel show intelligent design in one form or another?

Or should that subject be moved to a different forum?

Cheers,
Mal

Phew, hard call, but if you are talking about a lot of images, then it might be best to start a new thread?

I put up a few of those myself, (which is fine) but l wouldn't put up 20 or 30, with more to come, that would require a new thread.

I would be happy to take a look if you created a new thread, and would welcome others contributions, (l have only gone through about 23% of Curiosity's images, so don't have any time for anything else).

And thanks for the comments.

PS l have seen plenty of rats and rabbits on Mars, most are in the maybe catagory, but some are a slam dunk.

You can't have a rat on mars, unless it is the explosing ones, lol, (NASA joke).

cool

#362 2018-06-30 05:18:35

Tmcom

I believe that these are all plants and Lichen, (color checked with bright dark green or lime green showing up).

7UIPuBj.jpg

The thing bottom left is part of the rover being lightlighted in the sun, (least l hope so).

And NASA has fiddled with the top, right hand image, (the edges give that away).

eSJ3eUo.jpg

Whatever this is it isnt part of the rover, and shows a dead giveaway dark green color.

Tree or plant?

smile

0580MR0024070530400048E01_D
0580MR0024070540400049E01_D

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-06-30 05:19:11)

#363 2018-07-01 08:46:56

SpaceNut
Administrator

I was reminded of how little green it takes to be seen. http://meteorcrater.com/

th?id=ABTC1CCFBC962933FE5A98577C8BDB6D7792CBCB3C44ACFDAFF756F19CEF7F2E465&w=608&h=200&c=2&rs=1&pid=SANGAM

as compared to the same location

craterE_400x195.jpg?resize=300%2C146

Meteor Crater is a meteorite impact crater approximately 37 miles east of Flagstaff and 18 miles west of Winslow in the northern Arizona desert of the United States.

Also notice the location of where the green is....

#364 2018-07-02 00:02:32

M-Albion-3D
Website

Perhaps a little side step here talking about craters. This is a video I produced a few years back focusing on a very strange crater located in the Meridiani Planum region which I took the liberty of naming "RAT Crater".

I really hope you have a pair of red/cyan glasses for this one, as this is truly a whopping mind blower!

The video starts out in 3D and ends in 2D but please watch in 1080p to get "into" the crater.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--tam … sp=sharing

260Rn2.png

https://www.uahirise.org/PSP_001981_1825

Last edited by M-Albion-3D (2018-07-02 00:03:17)

#365 2018-07-02 04:26:27

Tmcom

Now this is seriously cool, a forest on Mars, within full view of the rover.

Top left shows the green, (made a mistake) the top right shows more burnt color, so probably a dead tree.

And the bottom one, shows shrubs, plants, maybe tall prickle plants, and probably some tree's as far as the eye can see, (or what the low res, mast camera can see, in this reflective rock).

a9m3QoN.jpg

The surrounding landscape shows blue only, (color picker) around these obvious green areas, so it is very unlikely that this is licken on a rock only, and the lower lanscape tends to only show burnt colors, so likely dead, or barely alive tree's and shrubs with the occasional, tall prickle, like what we have in some of our desert areas.

0580MR0024070560400051E01_D

cool

#366 2018-07-04 03:52:26

Tmcom

Been trying to find some closeups of some of these Martian plants, and have found a few...

IBJrX2l.jpg

The thing in the distance shows a strong green or a definite tree, the closer one also.

The bottom images shows a closeup of one, which shows strong green in the middle and dead or burnt brown colors only the further out you go, and the thing sticking out is part of it. possibly some rampant Licken over a rock?

And the smaller reflective rock in front of the bigger one, clearly shows one, or shows a fluffy prickle, (Earth has plenty of those, and the white fluff or furr, is to protect the plant at night when it gets colder, and not the minus 175"c crap, that would destroy it).

BD0IAze.jpg

More distant plants and closer ones, hard to tell if these are dead trees, (color picker showed some green) or prickles or something alien to us, (so to speak). The blue CP color chart shows the dominant color around these.

586txYI.jpg

And more, the lower image, left shows the edge on one, (definitely not the rover).

MUXxEjq.jpg

Another three tree's.

0580MR0024070600400055E01_D
0580MR0024070680400063E01_D
0580MR0024070630400058E01_D
0580MR0024070690400064E01_D

cool

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-07-04 21:04:08)

#367 2018-07-04 06:41:42

Tmcom

Also found this, which supports my findings to a tee.

http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evid … sity-6.htm

Not sure when this was done, probably years ago, but yeah, minus 200"C would kill most if not all plant life, as would 98% Co2 and the air pressure fairy tale.

Also true, that eventhough this and my recent findings may be startling, hiding under a rock, is only going to make it worse for you long term.

Best to see and take findings like this on board, so when NASA discloses the lot, (which will be soon) you won't go clinically insane as some that are currently in total denial and cling onto NASA like an infant clings onto their woolen blanket, are currently doing.

smile

#368 2018-07-06 04:36:21

Tmcom

More mind blowing images of plants...

But l will do the best ones last, (one in particular reminds me of the end of When Worlds Collide).

cDny882.jpg

I know blurry but the blue sky and green landscape colors are obvious.

sTQguq1.jpg

The one on the right appears to be a rock with licken/plants on it?

Left shows a tree and no surprize an overcast sky.

Bottom one shows a landscape of trees.

a0B2R2G.jpg

Next shows a closeup of one, which reminds me of seaweed; which may be the rover, but probably isn't.

Now the one l am really stocked about...

4ab7xcY.jpg

Top one shows tree's in the foreground l think, CC shows green, but the background...

Blue sky, some clouds, purple/blue mountain, and a rich green landscape with tree's on the left side.

And this is on the dry or desert areas of Mars!

The greener areas, are most likely Yosamety National Park lookalikes, but some of the fauna will be alien to what we are used to.

No Mars is defiantly Earthlike, forget about Sci Fi landscapes and distant planets, we have the real thing in our back yards.

The rover definitely does not have green or blue on its surface, so...

No, best to gradually get used to that idea, piece by piece than put your head in the sand, and keep believing NASA's dead planet idea, and be in for an enormous shock one day soon.

0580MR0024070710400066E01_D
0580MR0024070730400068E01_D
0580MR0024070720400067E01_D
0580MR0024070740400069E01_D

wink

#369 2018-07-06 11:59:01

GW Johnson
Website

I see photos of rocks blown up past the pixellation point.  That's the blur point in digital photographs.  I see no plants and trees,  I see only rocks.  If you look at the black and white,  and quit blowing up past the blur point,  you would see only rocks,  too. And so would your readers.

These are false-color digital photographs,  were each image is the combination of 3 images taken through different wavelength filters.  Has it never occurred to you that your blow-up algorithm for a digital photograph might be interacting rather strongly with the false-color digital image combination technique by which these photographs were made? 

It's often called a garbage-in/garbage-out error.  They are quite common.

GW

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

#370 2018-07-06 22:19:03

Tmcom

GW Johnson wrote:

I see photos of rocks blown up past the pixellation point.  That's the blur point in digital photographs.  I see no plants and trees,  I see only rocks.  If you look at the black and white,  and quit blowing up past the blur point,  you would see only rocks,  too. And so would your readers.

These are false-color digital photographs,  were each image is the combination of 3 images taken through different wavelength filters.  Has it never occurred to you that your blow-up algorithm for a digital photograph might be interacting rather strongly with the false-color digital image combination technique by which these photographs were made? 

It's often called a garbage-in/garbage-out error.  They are quite common.

GW

Lol, the original image also show dark blue and dark green and light blue sky, visually, (in the reflective rock l previously showed) as well as Hubbles, (raw image) Original planet image showing vast green areas, and the Ground based telescope high res, images, (also the raw image) showing vast green areas and very likely large lake systems up the top of the planet.

I would recommend going back over those ones, before commenting further.

At the scales l am working with, it would not cause large areas, to change color, l would have to get down to indistinguishable, pixel levels for it to change, and unless the rovers camera colorization is acting up, (l have seen no evidence of that so far) these are legit colors.

But it could be red shifted sending it back from mars, or dust making gray look like green, etc, l have heard it all before, old Hubble and ESA ground based images of Mars, is a slam dunk.

And if you still want to believe that Mars is dead, then that is your right, but l will not hold back here, we have had more than enough of that crap from NASA.

neutral

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-07-07 03:11:01)

#371 2018-07-07 03:09:07

Tmcom

More plants, the CP has seen some dark green here and there.

GFYoidC.jpg

This one shows some shrubs on this rock, some may be dead, but there is some green here.

5ZXjOTe.jpg

VE0uVdA.jpg

Then scraggly looking plant or weed on the left, etc, (the CP showed strong green) and the bushes on the right, (CP showed a little green, but mainly burnt browns).

And the top one,...looks like a giant statue of a man wearing a toga, and holding, phew, bread, cake, siliver balloons perhaps; but whatever this is, it is not the rover or a rock.

0580MR0024070920400087E01_D
0580MR0024070940400089E01_D
0580MR0024070930400088E01_D

cool

Had a closer look and l believe that this is a man statue, holding silver balloons, (there are more silver balloons behind him and a silver structure behind him on the hill with an entrance).

Obviously a marker to a a hospitality business.

Last edited by Tmcom (2018-07-07 03:18:01)

#372 2018-07-07 07:12:40

SpaceNut
Administrator

I agree with the color shift pixelation so maybe not so much magnification would help as to not create a false impression of what might not be there.
I have seen some shades of color that do not seem right within frames but over doing the zoom is not helpful to make it clear that there could be life on this deadish looking world.

#373 2018-07-07 10:18:17

Tmcom

SpaceNut wrote:

I agree with the color shift pixelation so maybe not so much magnification would help as to not create a false impression of what might not be there.
I have seen some shades of color that do not seem right within frames but over doing the zoom is not helpful to make it clear that there could be life on this deadish looking world.

Agreed, that the first image in post #368, has colors that don't belong there, and l probably shouldn't have bothered with that one, and it is a balancing act not to make the image too big, but even with the red/orange filter, (original image) clear examples of a rich green, blue etc still show.

cool

#374 2018-07-07 11:38:18

SpaceNut
Administrator

I was reminded by a silly article that had a Camouflage canine which did blend in so well with family’s living room rug that they keep TRIPPING over him

36922B4500000578-0-image-a-1_1469438279714.jpg

3692229100000578-0-image-a-2_1469438283241.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … G-him.html

My point is somethings are hiding in plain sight....

#375 2018-07-07 12:05:46

GW Johnson
Website

Hard to imagine lakes and forests on Mars,  when liquid water is not stable over so very much of its surface,  nor is any other liquid we know of.  The 6 mbar pressure and -50-ish to 0-ish C temperatures at both Viking lander sites (and most sites since,  whether a NASA probe or not) is a hard piece of data contradicting what is being presented as factual in this thread.  So is the water vapor pressure thermodynamic curve. 

I've seen lots of greenish-looking rocks in my life,  too,  right here on Earth.

I don't argue that the sky looks blue on Mars at times,  but at other times it is reddish.  Depends on how much dust is in the Mars air at the time the photo is taken,  as well as local sun angles.  We get similar effects here.  It is easy to get false color images wrong in color,  too.  We'll know more about that when people really go there and see it with their own eyes. 

Bear in mind that false color images are often extremized this way or that way,  to show what is being looked for,  rather than the true appearance to a human eye on site. 

GW

Last edited by GW Johnson (2018-07-07 12:10:25)

GW Johnson
McGregor,  Texas

"There is nothing as expensive as a dead crew,  especially one dead from a bad management decision"

Board footer