New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2012-09-22 23:30:20

Lobster
Banned

3D landscapes?

I see there are a lot of beautiful computer images of Mars on the internet and I was wondering if anyone perhaps has some 3D meshes of Martian landscapes to share?

#2 2012-10-28 16:35:38

falkor

Re: 3D landscapes?

sounds good to me, I would also be interested big_smile

#3 2017-12-20 07:28:05

CalvinSteen

I know this thread is from years ago, but I can't help but ask the same thing. The best part about this is if you can even connect it to a VR. smile

#4 2018-05-11 08:37:03

M-Albion-3D
Website

CalvinSteen wrote:

I know this thread is from years ago, but I can't help but ask the same thing. The best part about this is if you can even connect it to a VR. smile

Video of Cydonia:

A few years back, I put this nice 3D video together using the older MGS image of the face and the more recent MRO image. Typically, I like to produce 3D video's with very slow movement so the viewer can get a sense of "being there".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--tam … sp=sharing

TIbeWR.png

Board footer