New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2003-04-05 02:35:18

MARS REVEALER
Banned

Re: INCREDIBLE ART SCULPTURING OF CANDOR - ALIEN ART SCAPE STRUCTURE

This is in Candor. Awesome image it is from.. a teaser...  This feature besides showin the obvious,... seems to also have a split face above it? ;-) Look also at the Diamond type structure at the lower right area... see how it fits in the sculpted design of the Pyramid Sheild. ;-)

http://www.spacey.net/wallriter/Sculpte … thFace.jpg

It came from this image.... it is apart of a larger split art sculpted face... I love the intensity of Valles Marineris artistical design of alien imaginations. ;-)

http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/e13_e18 … 700307.jpg

#2 2003-04-06 18:57:58

Shaun Barrett

I really don't know if I'm supposed to, or not, but I can't see anything artificial in these pictures.
    I've had this trouble before, with pictures submitted last year by a gentleman called Tripp McCann. The first of your pictures, a high magnification image, is very similar to the ones Tripp thought were proof-positive of alien structures in Valles Marineris. The trouble is, when you magnify images to the nth degree, artifacts of the image making process start to predominate and our human tendency to see patterns where there aren't any creates shapes out of 'noise'.

I must be particularly bereft of the human ability to find these patterns because I can see nothing here that even looks artificial!! And, if I did, I'd be unlikely to take it seriously for the reasons I've outlined above.

I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool skeptic about everything I see but I think I do have quite high 'standards of evidence'. And I believe, as the late great Carl Sagan exhorted us to do, that we should maintain a healthy skepticism at all times.
    It's a fine line between skepticism and Luddite debunkery, I know. And I freely admit I'm still curious about the Face at Cydonia and I can't fathom why NASA and others in the 'mainstream' imagine Mars could be sterile. So I'm not one to toe the party line.

But in this case, I feel confident in stating my opinion that this is just bunk!! (No offence intended.)
                                      smile

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#3 2003-04-06 19:00:06

soph

Don't worry Shaun, take a look over at the SETI forum at space.com and you'll find loads of similar...bunk.

Board footer