New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#51 2018-03-25 14:59:46

louis

Re: Cost estimates for the BFR

I don't think the twins were monitored PRIOR to the zero G experience for the same length of time...you'd certainly need to do that to see what changes might or might not occur in 1 G over a similar period of time. But the 7% change was in gene expression, not genes.

SpaceNut wrote:

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/ten … =498&y=346

The 7% change is still not documented to what genes are altered or to what they may do for a persons future of having children or of Disease that are the chronic eventual outcome from exposure....

5 Serious Health Conditions That Can Be Passed Down Through Your Genes

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#52 2018-03-25 15:36:27

SpaceNut
Administrator

I have created a new topic from this post onward for genetic discusion in The 7% change to Twin's Gene expression.

#53 2018-03-30 17:36:20

vemsemigma
Banned

thanks for sharing that. I love that scene in the rocks. He looks like a crab or something.

Board footer