New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2018-03-20 16:45:03

louis

Are National Geographic and Space X partners now?

I see National Geographic are co-operating with Space X in producing film for their Mars series (they seem to have been given exclusive footage of Musk watchin the FH9 launch).  I don't know if there is a funding arrangement yet. But this does look like it could bear fruit along the lines I have previously suggested. Space X will be in a position to sell exclusive footage to TV channels. National Geographic's operating profit on its TV channels surpassed $400million dollars recently. They have pretty deep pockets.

A Mars Mission-NG link up could provide a lot of revenue for Space X.

But others with even deeper pockets, like Netflix might outbid NG.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#2 2018-03-20 17:38:11

Oldfart1939

Re: Are National Geographic and Space X partners now?

Even if NG doesn't pay SpaceX a dime, the great PR for the company is priceless.

#3 2018-03-20 18:25:25

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Are National Geographic and Space X partners now?

Yes priceless PR for the general public that says space does not need to be costly....

Board footer