New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2018-01-09 08:17:21

Void

My experience this time :)

1) I am pretty happy about posting to life support systems.  I have some hopes that someone will act on some of that stuff.

2) Made some comments on one thread in the terraforming section.  No reply.  That's fine.

3) Came up with an idea about how water might condense into ice near the equator.  (Water On Mars).  Even though articles I have read say that science does not understand how water ice can persist at such a location for more than 125,000 years, I was told that you don't need a special condensation process possibly involving Calcium Perchlorate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_perchlorate 
Granted I could be wrong about it but this is what continually happens on this site, is you get shut down without a proper investigation.  And I am increasingly aware of the probability that this is about ego and not science or technology.

4) Finally I tried to rethink BFR just for fun.  Find more flexibility for it.  Think it through a bit more before it is built.  Jazz it up a bit.

Lots of strange harassment.   When I was on the topic of water on Mars, one member said "We have to drill baby drill!".  So I said I would go to the adult table (That's what alternate BFR was about).

There I suggested how we could drill baby drill, how we could get the prize and still follow the encumbering rules of planetary protection (With measured reason).

I was treated to finding a member who wants to completely skip planetary protection, and who wants to commit 4 BFR's and two of them with crew, to a location which has not properly been scouted.

So, like I say, I am not mad, I just think I could be doing better things with my time and energy.

Goodby for a while, again.

Last edited by Void (2018-01-09 08:31:34)

Done.

#2 2018-01-09 08:47:50

Palomar7

Re: My experience this time :)

I would have loved to chime in, if qualified to do so (unfortunately I'm not).

I have tried getting two former members to rejoin (one of whom could likely discuss with you)...to no avail.

Original registration - May 2002

[i]I want that Million Year Picnic on Mars[/i]

Board footer