New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2017-11-29 07:14:41

sunpraiser09
Banned

Diesel Vehicles

Does anyone here have any experience with fuel separation systems like Fass Fuel on their diesel vehicles? What are its benefits?

#2 2017-11-29 08:16:13

elderflower

Re: Diesel Vehicles

I have a boat with a diesel engine. It is fitted with a proprietary filter/water separator. Is that what you mean, Sunpraiser?
I drain it down and replace it's filter every year  and carry a set of spares for it. I wouldn't go out on the boat without this device in good order. It all comes before the fuel pump so particles don't wear the pump. The Fass one doesn't seem to be so arranged.

#3 2017-12-18 08:48:54

CalvinSteen

elderflower wrote:

I have a boat with a diesel engine. It is fitted with a proprietary filter/water separator. Is that what you mean, Sunpraiser?
I drain it down and replace it's filter every year  and carry a set of spares for it. I wouldn't go out on the boat without this device in good order. It all comes before the fuel pump so particles don't wear the pump. The Fass one doesn't seem to be so arranged.

Hmm, that clears things up.

#4 2018-01-02 05:48:12

sunpraiser09
Banned

Thanks for the response.

#5 2024-03-25 09:46:14

tahanson43206

For SpaceNut ... This topic contains the word diesel... I am wondering if anyone can explain what the discussion was about?

I'm guessing there is a need to keep water (and other materials) out of diesel liquid being fed to an engine, but I can't quite tell if that is what elderflower and the other correspondents were talking about.

(th)

Board footer