New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2017-10-22 14:54:21

louis

"Move to Mars" - the Mars marketing campaign

OK, let's imagine Musk has got humans to Mars. That's the easy bit...but now for the difficult bit: how do you get a really big colonisation effort (as opposed to a research effort) under way?  I was just wondering how you would compose a max 100 word ad (think "voice over")  to entice people to come live on Mars. Not just any people of course, but the right people...

Here's my attempt:

"This advert is not aimed at you...repeat, not aimed at you...well, not if you are the average person, the person who always plays it safe, the person who is easily satisfied with all that Earth has to offer.  Because beyond this world, there is a whole new world of experience to be explored...the world of Mars. Do you have what it takes to succeed on Mars: are you resilient, resourceful?...a quick thinker, a quiet thinker..?  Do you like people, and love working with them? Do you have the skills Mars needs?  Are you ready for the challenge of Mars?"

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#2 2017-10-22 16:17:10

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: "Move to Mars" - the Mars marketing campaign

Would volunteer in a heartbeat but after the how are you going to pay question are you working it off, what will be my habitat, what is the amount of food and water going to last me for how long, the next question will be what is there in it for me?

#3 2017-10-22 17:26:32

RobertDyck
Website

tumblr_ogvjp6ytdX1rsvo50o1_500.gif

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies. The chance to begin again in a gold land of opportunity and adventure! New climate, recreational facilities, easy advancement, great pay... So come on America, let's put our team up there. Give this country another chance. Let's go, to the colonies.

I dotted-out the part about replicants.

#4 2017-10-23 06:55:09

louis

Those are the sort of questions ads steer clear of! lol It'll be in the small print or one of those garbled cautionary notes you get at the end of an ad! lol

SpaceNut wrote:

Would volunteer in a heartbeat but after the how are you going to pay question are you working it off, what will be my habitat, what is the amount of food and water going to last me for how long, the next question will be what is there in it for me?

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#5 2017-10-23 08:25:34

JoshNH4H
Website

I tend to prefer the "settlement" to "colony" terminology, since the latter has some pretty ugly historical connotations.  "Pioneer" is good too, and "frontier"

-Josh

#6 2017-10-23 08:39:18

Oldfart1939

I really don't see "colonization" taking place anytime soon. A research station--a permanent one--yes, and a growing human presence. But people moving there to "begin a new life"--one without any economic incentives as "pioneers?" Nope.  I personally would go for the science involved. And yes, maybe die there. But to go there in order to escape my humdrum life on Earth, not really.

#7 2017-10-29 04:35:11

elderflower

All you need is a prophet who tells his followers that the only way to paradise is to settle and die on Mars, in a society operated in accordance with his prescriptions and whims. They will go in droves!

#8 2017-10-31 08:53:25

Dave_Duca

Truly Wished, James Slattin Martin Jr. was here to see this posting.
My mentor would have the same two words to sum up this gambit.

Opportunity Circus

The Best Action Plan  Is The One At The Launch Pad Ready For Departure.
So, where is it?

#9 2017-11-01 16:43:43

SpaceNut
Administrator

Anarchi will rule if no ethics travel with those that go when there is no duty bound officers there to enforce them.

#10 2018-12-19 00:09:24

Haga_16
Banned
Website

There is always the need of internet marketing for running any brand successfully. There are different options to specify your custom business objectives so that you can work in that direction to achieve them. I wanted long term results so I went with the seo campaign service.

Board footer