New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#1 2011-11-23 12:44:13

Rxke

How's the Society doing right now?

I'm a bit concerned, the site is only half-functional, some pages direct to placeholders or worse...

Won't that have very detrimental effects on membership-numbers?

For instance, the member pages seem to be offline, I finally splurged on a 3 years membership to celebrate the return of the forums (yes I was *that* happy smile )

But... after paying, I didn't even get redirected to a valid page... So for all I know, that money might now be somewhere bouncing around in the intertubes...

ExoMars' launcher's 2nd stage is probably en route to Mars. Unsterilised... yikes

#2 2011-11-23 16:35:49

Grypd

Re: How's the Society doing right now?

Hi Rxke.

To be honest im not sure that the Mars Society is all that healthy. Lets hope that New Mars gets some more support now its back.

Chan eil mi aig a bheil ùidh ann an gleidheadh an status quo; Tha mi airson cur às e.

#3 2011-11-23 17:04:04

James Burk
Webmaster
Website

Hi guys,

Rxke, I am sorry to hear about your membership renewal issue.  Please send me a screenshot of the error if you can. I can also confirm that your membership was credited for the 3 years.  Soon we will have a members area where you will be able to see that yourself.

I can speak for whether the Mars Society is healthy or not, it definitely is.  Membership is already up from last year.  We are working towards the new field season of MDRS and will have some announcements soon on the 2012 convention activities.

When I joined as Webmaster in July, there was a huge backlog of work which we are still getting through.  Restoring the New Mars Forums was one of those items that I am happy to be able to check off the list. smile

Thanks,
-James

James Burk | Webmaster & IT Director | The Mars Society
jburk@marssociety.org  |  +1 (206) 601-7143

#4 2011-11-24 01:09:22

Rxke

jburk wrote:

Membership is already up from last year.....

......there was a huge backlog of work which we are still getting through.  Restoring the New Mars Forums was one of those items that I am happy to be able to check off the list. smile

Thanks,
-James

Now *that* is good news smile There's a lot of Mars talk in the media, of course, people might be looking around.

I fully understand there was/is a huuge load of work to be done, and kudos for doing it 8)

re: screenshot: it was on another computer than the one I'm using now, I'll see if I can resurrect that page through the history when I'm back. The only problem with it was one doesn't get something that  explicitly says the transfer went all right. Pretty robust redirect system, though.

ExoMars' launcher's 2nd stage is probably en route to Mars. Unsterilised... yikes

#5 2016-01-11 10:42:09

Trevor

Is there an update on this? I just paid my membership dues and haven't gotten anything in return. Is there a time delay or something further to do after paying? I was expecting at least a welcome email.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan

#6 2017-07-07 04:16:24

Cosmin Panaete

Trevor wrote:

Is there an update on this? I just paid my membership dues and haven't gotten anything in return. Is there a time delay or something further to do after paying? I was expecting at least a welcome email.

Same question here. I just paid for lifetime membership and have not received even a confirmation email.

#7 2017-07-07 09:17:38

jburk
Webmaster
Website

Please contact our Membership Department.  Carie Fay (cfay@marssociety.org) is the main contact.

#8 2017-07-09 10:34:14

Cosmin Panaete

Thank you very much for your swift reply. I have written Ms. Fay .

#9 2017-07-11 00:50:30

jburk
Webmaster
Website

Two thumbs up.

Board footer