New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2017-02-02 11:26:59

Lake Matthew Team - Cole
Website

MATT: a 2036 Mars Terraformation

The MATT site ( http://lakematthew.com ) is revamped.  Some of the terraformation invention's details and twists are revealed publicly.

Also there is a  Reddit Ask-Me-Anything session for MATT Saturday, 2/11, noon Eastern

Request:  If you like, you might drop some social links to the AMA, for increased awareness.  Much appreciated.

OmahaCraterLayout.png

Last edited by Lake Matthew Team - Cole (2017-02-08 10:50:28)

#2 2017-02-02 15:07:12

Terraformer
Website

Re: MATT: a 2036 Mars Terraformation

You mention patents, but I fail to see anything that about it that can actually be patented. You're not the first to propose hitting Mars with a big rock, or settling the low lands, or living underwater in order to get the required pressure, or aquaculture on a non- or partial terraformed Mars...

Use what is abundant and build to last

#3 2017-02-02 16:43:02

Lake Matthew Team - Cole
Website

Re: MATT: a 2036 Mars Terraformation

Terraformer wrote:

You mention patents, but I fail to see anything that about it that can actually be patented. You're not the first to propose hitting Mars with a big rock, or settling the low lands, or living underwater in order to get the required pressure, or aquaculture on a non- or partial terraformed Mars...

The Wright brothers didn't patent the idea of powered heavier-than-air flight, or the propeller.  They patented simple mechanisms for 3-axis flight control.

Flight control made powered flight practically feasible, and that was the patent.  In analogy, the private details of our invention make the 2036 terraformation and scalable settlement practically feasible.  Our IP team concurs in the patent.

Board footer