New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2016-08-02 12:50:04

JoshNH4H
Website

2016 Mars Society Convention

The 2016 Mars Society Convention will be September 22-25th at Catholic University of America in Washington, DC.

I'll be there.  Who else will be?

-Josh

#2 2016-08-02 14:34:32

IanM
Banned

Re: 2016 Mars Society Convention

I will unfortunately be in school when it happens. However, I send my best wishes!

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot live in a cradle forever. -Paraphrased from Tsiolkovsky

#3 2016-08-02 17:22:16

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: 2016 Mars Society Convention

Sorry that I am not able to go but here are some more links to the show...this is the 19th Annual convention....

Save the Date - 2016 Mars Society Convention in Washington, D.C.

Our four-day space conference will bring together leading scientists, engineers, policymakers, government officials, entrepreneurs and journalists to address the significance of the latest scientific discoveries, technological advances and political-economic developments that could open the way to the human exploration and settlement of the Red Planet.

Convention highlights will include a series of public debates on key issues and challenges facing Mars exploration and the future of the U.S. space program, as well as the final face-off of university student teams presenting designs for the Mars Society’s International Gemini Mars competition.

Some of the scheduled speakers include: http://www.marssociety.org/home/19th-an … onvention/
+ Jim Green, Director, NASA Planetary Science Division
+ James Watzin, Director, NASA Mars Exploration Program
+ Don McCoy, Project Manager, ESA ExoMars
+ Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), U.S. House Committee on Science, Space & Technology
+ Paul Hertz, Director, NASA Astrophysics Division, Kepler Mission
+ Vera Mulyani, CEO & Founder, Mars City Design
+ Chris Carberry, CEO, Explore Mars
+ S. Pete Worden, Former Director, NASA Ames Research Center (Banquet Keynote Speaker)

http://www.marssociety.org/convention20 … edule.html

Board footer