New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2016-05-05 12:28:53

robertmadsen
Banned

Working on Mars

I had the privilege and opportunity to participate in a work crew at the Mars Desert Research Station from April 16 to 19, 2016. While our primary mission was to clean things up and perform some basic maintenance, we still lived in the habitat and for the most part lived like any other crew. The experience was awesome. I have been a space enthusiast since I was a child, and the opportunity to spend time in a Mars analogue is truly a dream come true. Fortunately, since I live in Grand Junction, CO, I am only a few hours away from the MRDS and I am sure I will have future opportunities to volunteer and do my part for Mars.

#2 2016-05-05 19:43:57

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Working on Mars

Now that does sound like a working vacation and the view of the country its not bad either....

While I know that I can probably never go there is much to do in other manners such as talking about the many topics and problem solving them out so that a Mars mission someday will be possible...

Board footer