New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2012-09-19 13:34:18

hornig
Banned
Website

SpaceUp - your space unconference

Hi there,

I just wanted to point out that there are SpaceUp unconferences out there. You can perhaps find one near you on www.spaceup.org. And if there is non, you can always start your own. We did and we will do our Space up in Stuttgart, Germany 0n the 27. Oct 12. Perhaps you are near to us and you are welcome to attend. I Know at least one member of Mars Society Deutschland, who will attend, but I don't know his topic, yet! smile

Best regards, Andreas

www.spaceup.org/stuttgart

#2 2012-10-20 03:35:23

falkor

Re: SpaceUp - your space unconference

Modules
11:00 – 11:30 a.m.: Registration
11:30 – 12:00 a.m.: What’s SpaceUp? What will happen today?
We will have 30 mins modules. You will fill up the session grid spontaneously.
•3 x T-5 Talk w/ 5 mins Q&A
•20 mins Talk w/ 10 mins Q&A
•30 mins Discussions

18:00 – 20:00 p.m.: Mingling

Despite being in Germany we will leave it up to you in which language you will present and discuss. But you should consider to use a language the majority of us will understand (German and English). We will also promise not to speak in Swabian, the regional dialect.

60 seconds to land

This is no alternative for attending this great SpaceUp, but we all know the problem that we can’t be in two places at the exact same time (unless someone invents teleportation!). So we want to give you the opportunity to record a video up to 60 seconds about a space topic. You can talk about your project or just say hello to the space enthusiasts attending SpaceUp Stuttgart. We will play your videos during coffee breaks or start a discussion from that.

this whole format reminds me of an unconference that I went to in London a couple of years back, it was AWESOME!!!

If it was in London I would go but Germany too far, nevertheless wink this sounds like a great event and I hope you get a good attendance

the one I went to in London, we all met up, had a 30 minute session first; deciding what the rest of the day's sessions would be and everybody was very constructive and friendly, very enjoyable, seems like this one goes from the same template!!

GOOD LUCK Hornig I would love to hear how it goes

#3 2013-02-10 07:37:16

hornig
Banned
Website

Hi,

SpaceUp Stuttgart had been a great success and I wanted to show you at least 2 out of 3 Mars topics there smile. Thank  God we have it on video smile

Nicolay Kübler (Mars Society Deutschland) on "Mars simulation on earth"
http://youtu.be/cIB65rR4AJo

Wissam Rammo on "Insight geophysical monitoring station mission"
http://youtu.be/fCoZq370nXY

So perhaps we will have you presenting on SpaceUp Stuttgart 2 or will send us a 60 seconds to land video wink.

best regards,

Andreas

#4 2014-06-16 19:53:31

idiom

We just had one of these in New Zealand. It went really really well.

http://spaceup.org.nz/

Highly recommended.

Come on to the Future

#5 2014-06-17 11:03:59

JoshNH4H
Website

I'd be very interested in trying to organize one for the DC/Baltimore area if anyone else would like to join in.

-Josh

Board footer