New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2013-06-19 20:47:14

Decimator

So what happenes at Mars society conventions?

I'm considering going this year, but finding it somewhat difficult to justify the cost to myself.

#2 2013-06-21 20:01:22

JoshNH4H
Website

Re: So what happenes at Mars society conventions?

I have heard that they have a huge number of speakers on a wide variety of topics, not particularly constrained by TMS "party line" so to speak.  My impression is that there would by sheer numbers certainly be a number of speakers who would catch your interest.

-Josh

#3 2013-06-22 03:41:35

Mark Friedenbach

Re: So what happenes at Mars society conventions?

This will be my first Mars Society convention if I go, but I've been to many of these sorts of conferences before. I'm sure you will find something interesting on the speaker track, but generally it's the "hallway track" that you go for - face to face networking with people you may only know from names on a paper. In other words, it's not to hear about the results being presented, but to setup collaborations that result in the next series of projects.

Board footer