New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2008-05-10 04:14:33

PeterC
Banned

Re: Color of the ocean under Noachian

The liquid ocean, under period of Noachian and Hesperian, is not a pure water but it is acid. What is chemically color of the ocean? Blue or Green of the acid water?

#2 2008-05-10 07:26:19

noosfractal
Website

Hi PeterC, welcome to New Mars.

In the Noachian period, the water was alkaline, like early Earth.  Lots of clay was deposited.

But in the Hesperian period, the water was acid.  Then the ocean was a wonderful turquoise ...

copahue1.JPG

http://www.wesleyan.edu/ees/JCV/vlsa1.html

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#3 2008-05-14 08:10:31

Vincent
Banned

noosfractual,

I believe the green color on Earth was the oxidation of Iron elements in the water. This occurred as oxygen levels increased in response to photogenic process.

I am way over my head here. Is this correct? If so then what is the acidic connection?

Vincent

Argument expected.
I don't require agreement when presenting new ideas.

-Dana Johnson

#4 2017-12-13 04:29:55

timothylee
Banned

It depends on which chemical elements are in structure of this acid. It can be green, yellow or transparent

[color=#990000]This site is very interesting. Here I have found a lot of information which [/color]helped to decide the superior place[color=#990000] in our the whole space - this is the Mars[/color]

Board footer