New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2008-04-05 09:03:37

Zydar

Re: Candor Chasma

Whilst carrying out some visual research of the area around the Candor Chasma, I happenned to come across an object in the image.

Is this object real, a trick of light or something else ?

The object can be seen a little above the centre of the image.

I would be interested to read your comments of what you think it is.

CandorChasma_01.jpg

Zydar

#2 2008-04-05 11:45:04

louis

Ok. It's a spaceship and pyramid combined. Measuring about 3 miles across!

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#3 2008-04-05 12:54:33

Zydar

Hi louis,

I do not think the object looks like a spaceship or a pyramid.

Here is another view in colour and one monochrome looking from the north.

Candorchasma_s_02.jpg

The next image is the same view in monochrome.

Candorchasma_s_02a.jpg

What are the other objects along the top of the ridge?

Zydar

#4 2008-04-05 14:50:58

louis

you mean the circular thingies or what?

Circular thingies are the hangars for the pyramid space ships.

What are these Martians eating? Dust?

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#5 2008-04-05 17:17:34

zhar2

I dunno the circular bits and their location looks like a cute mole like creature  wink

But the mole its just a optical/mind concoction.

#6 2008-04-30 06:46:07

Zydar

For those of you who cannot see anything in the above images I have added another image. I have circled the object for quick recognition.

CandorChasma_01_circled.jpg

Is the object what it appears to be or a trick of light?

Zydar

#7 2008-04-30 07:09:34

Zydar

And here is the same area of view, slightly solarized. Adding this effect shows up where all the other hidden objects are located in the image that cannot normaly be seen.

If you look carefully there are many object closely connected or interlinked together.

CandorChasma_01_s_sola85.jpg

Zydar

#8 2008-04-30 07:13:10

Vincent
Banned

Zydar,

When you look at mega-scale images of an alien world you can see a lot of things but you must try to put them in context.

You most remember that you are from Earth and your brain is wired to make sense of objects that you see. We have all seen bunnies in the clouds and Jesus on toast. This is just how you mind works, the official term is Pareidolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Now we should always look for anything of interest beware of shadows and glare and your own physiology.

Vincent

Argument expected.
I don't require agreement when presenting new ideas.

-Dana Johnson

#9 2008-04-30 08:10:27

Zydar

Oh dear Vincent!  I do not suffer from pareidolia but I do believe you may be in a state of denial or completely blind. Can you not see the circled object? If you can, what does it look like to you?

The Astrobiologist, Chandra Wickramasinghe, maintains that he has the proof that life molecules came to Earth in comets. Maybe, it's possible that the same life molecules reached Mars in a comet as well and have adapted to the conditions there just as we have adapted to the conditions here.

I suggest you check out this person. He has written many interesting scientific papers.

Zydar

#10 2008-04-30 09:45:27

Vincent
Banned

Zydar

I do not have a problem with Chandra Wickramasinghe theory It makes sense.

http://www.actionbioscience.org/newfron … hoyle.html

Now lets get back to your image interpretation. Help me out Brother, what do you see?.

Vincent

Argument expected.

-Dana Johnson

#11 2008-04-30 10:22:34

Zydar

What do I see in the images.

For starters, the object circled in the image is definitely a built structure. It resembles the shape of a building with four walls and a roof and has a vent of some description. Could it possibly be a very large house, club or hotel structure?

In the last image, which has been slightly solarized, exactly what is in the image cannot be seen clearly viewing the image as it is. If you download this image and then enlarge it, many more rectilinear shapes are showing up.

This is what I know I can see in the images and I'm definitely not suffering from any dellusions.

Zydar

#12 2008-04-30 10:47:51

Vincent
Banned

Zydar,

After you realize what you see you most put it context. Ask yourself why a house or motel would be on the surface of Mars. These are Earthly things for sure.

If they are indeed houses or motels then the creatures who live there would be like us and need a house or motel. We know that the atmosphere on Mars is not like ours so they can not live like us. If they are subterranean then they would need no such structures.

The other option is they are old structures from the past. Again the time that has pasted for any such creatures to have ever lived on Mars is eons ago and any structures this close to the surface would long ago returned to their basic state.

Either way it can not be a house or hotel.

Vincent

Argument expected.

-Dana Johnson

#13 2008-04-30 13:08:32

Zydar

Vincet said. <Either way it can not be a house or hotel.>

How can you say that it is not a house or hotel? You do not know that. What I said is that the structure resembles the 'earthly' appearance of a house or hotel. I have not said what it is for sure, only what it appears to be.

I have posted visual evidence in other threads on this forum of objects that I have found in image strips which resemble the appearance of human-like life forms that would appear to be part of a designed building complex. I also know from the huge amount of visual research I have carried out that the huge number of structures on the Northern Plains are vastly different in shape and size from the structures to be found in areas close to the Southern Polar region.

The question is, is there intelligent life currently existing on the planet that has adapted to the so-called harsh conditions? To be honest, I think life is existing there. Only time will tell in proving whether I am correct or not.

Anyway, the object in the image is there and its existence cannot be denied.

Zydar

#14 2008-04-30 13:47:34

zhar2

I (and most sane people) doubt theres life in mars "as we know it", there could be bacteria living in some sort of water/peroxide mix.

but sentient life is highly unlikely, for more than one reason, first there is no vegetation, which mean it would be chemosynthetic, but this would bring limited energy resources but may allow underground water filled caves to support bacteria colonies and at most some sort of minor lifeform like small insects, worms or fishes sort of thing but i cant see how such enviroment if it exist would provide the evolutionary drive towards sentient beings and even so if it where gona happen their population would be too low and would build any surface structures, but finally its crazy to think about intelligent life there.

id say you would have a better chance by trying europa.

#15 2008-04-30 19:17:23

JoshNH4H
Website

It's very simple:  The the thing you saw on candor chasma was... a peice of candor chassma. 

oh wait, I see it now  :shock:

It's a skyscraper, clearly, which the Jovians who colonized mars built to worship their god, the smily face in the stars, while searching for the lost contingent in the war against the little green women.

-Josh

#16 2008-05-01 04:18:58

Zydar

I see that I have had a post moved - yet again, but this time from the relevant topic, "Life on Mars".

To the moderators,

If my post is not suitable to be placed under the main heading "Life on Mars", then what kind 'life' are we talking about that should be dicussed under this topic?

Would someone please clarify the difference between the two topic headings, and what kind of material is expected to be posted under "Life on Mars". Surely, if I post something relating to the actions of intelligent alien life, then that post should be suitable and should qualify to be placed under the topic heading of "Life on Mars".

Zydar

#17 2008-05-01 05:17:10

Vincent
Banned

Zydar,

Take my little Berry post. I talk about the berries being alive. Now If I stated that the Berries were in communication and heading to one of your observed hotels then I am sure it would be moved here. Hope that helps.

Vincent

Argument expected.

-Dana Johnson

#18 2008-05-01 05:40:40

Rxke

Would someone please clarify the difference between the two topic headings, and what kind of material is expected to be posted under "Life on Mars". Surely, if I post something relating to the actions of intelligent alien life, then that post should be suitable and should qualify to be placed under the topic heading of "Life on Mars".

Zydar

When we're talking about things like artificial structures, it gets moved to intelligent alien life. It's that simple.

life on mars is about primitive life.

#19 2008-05-01 10:19:37

Zydar

OK then.... I have some interesting visual evidence of primitive intelligent activity. Where should this information be posted, here or under the topic "Life on Mars"?

Zydar

#20 2008-05-01 10:32:41

noosfractal
Website

Definitely here.

In fact, why not start a thread here called "Zydar's Visual Research" and post all your findings there.  So people won't miss anything.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#21 2008-05-01 12:42:12

Zydar

What a good idea noosfractal. A thread on genuine visual discoveries that could possibly stimulate a greater interest in forum overall.

Zydar

#22 2008-05-03 10:13:44

Vincent
Banned

Zydar,

Do not lay down on us brother. Give us what you got. You may think we beat you up but we are all hoping you find something.

Vincent

Argument expected.

-Dana Johnson

#23 2008-05-16 09:51:37

Vincent
Banned

Part 1

Let me give you a helping hand.

Now scientist are burdened with the proof of scientific process. That is a lot brother. Us regular guys can debate anomalies.

Now most people can not comprehend a meso-scale civilization on Mars including myself our knowledge is still based in our environmental and physical equilibrium. This being said there are a few questions that need to be answered. Give the damn Devil his due.

Where is MARSI

Where is HiRise.

How many false color images of defrosting dunes can we stand. We got a high resolution imager orbiting Mars. Point it at these images or your credibility is suspect.

Point it brother. Just one today, I got more.

Vincent

Image 1

2496612897_79becb4a4a_o.jpg

Argument expected.

-Dana Johnson

#24 2008-05-18 07:26:50

Zydar

The above image, posted by Vincent, is an interesting anomaly, although I have seen it before. Is there a reference number for the main image from which this image was cropped? I believe the structure is artificial as the shape looks similar to the large domes at the Eden Project in Cornwall, England.

I will not be posting further images of the Phoenix landing site. I shall wait until after the 25th May to see what materialises. I have had an exploratory look into the context image (PIA10633) of the landing site and have noticed many structures on the surface which may cause Phoenix some problems. We shall have to wait and see what happens on the day. As I have said before, I believe the entry and burn will go perfectly but it will be last twenty feet that is the crucial part of the mission.

I trust nothing unfortunate will happen on touchdown. If anything does happen the U of A cannot say they had no idea what was on the surface in the landing ellipse. I wrote to them in late March expressing my concerns. These concerns related to the many surface objects and what I thought the objects could possibly be. Maybe, that's one of the reasons why they made an in-flight correction recently to avoid that particular area! The trouble is the Nothern Plains area is saturated with many interesting objects, some of which are a lot larger than Phoenix.

Zydar

#25 2008-05-18 13:10:22

JoshNH4H
Website

vincent's first image is not a structure located in a crater, its a crater located in a crater.

-Josh

Board footer