New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2006-11-10 16:34:50

Bentherdonthat

Re: Space suits

When I first got into planet exploration they never heard of space suits I was just on to it it would be cold by figuring the altitude 4% degree drop per 1000 feet times by hundreds to thousands of miles.
So I search over the business of expeditions and came up with a company who made durable Himalaya mountain climing clothing was best suited for the task. I aproach the comapnay after doing some investigation on liquid air and there was a glove use to handle the product I bought the glove and the liquid air and told him I need a space suit that is safe and warm enough to swim in this stuff and told him not to stick his hands in the liquid he did any way and lost his hand after he recovered he said he has no regrets  due to his business of making clothing to prevent this frost bite amputations and so went in earnst to make a space suit I told him of the low pressure and blow out I wanted some time in case of a rupture of  the suit to make it to safety and to make it about 23 layers thick he did a good job it was plyable when ice cold and it creek when ever I move if it dosent creek when you move it isnt safe I found that out when other commarads got into space and planet explortion and had blow outs and died on the planet. I remember  another   company who designed a space suit the taylor thought that leather would work until it was tested and  snap into pieces she went into histericle shock of thought of her geting me into that.
As seen on a old movie exploration of Saturn it realy did hapen when the suit rupture he also hemorage and the blood gushing out of his leg sealed his space suit and he manage to live.

#2 2008-03-02 10:11:14

JoshNH4H
Website

wink

Ummm...

Good (almost decent) stories, but im not sure I actually want to meet this person big_smile

-Josh

#3 2008-03-07 14:04:23

Terraformer
Website

I think Bentherdonthats posts should all be in the Martian Chroniclers section, even though they aren't to do with Mars. They're still SciFi stories.

"I'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." - If this forum was a Mars Colony

#4 2008-03-07 14:41:34

JoshNH4H
Website

most of them are, already.

-Josh

Board footer