New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2021-04-17 17:17:35

tahanson43206

Yuri Gagarin 60th Anniversary April 12, 2021

Yuri Gagarin's pioneering space flight took place 60 years ago on April 12, 1961.

For SpaceNut ... for some reason, the name of the first human in space was not included in topics of the forum, so I'm hoping it might be noted in future years.

(th)

#2 2021-04-17 17:38:09

louis

Re: Yuri Gagarin 60th Anniversary April 12, 2021

He was promoted to Major something while orbiting the planet...and when a peasant ask his fellow peasant father "Is that Major General Gagarin up there your son?" Gagarin's father replied "No, my son's only a Lieutenant."

tahanson43206 wrote:

Yuri Gagarin's pioneering space flight took place 60 years ago on April 12, 1961.

For SpaceNut ... for some reason, the name of the first human in space was not included in topics of the forum, so I'm hoping it might be noted in future years.

(th)

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Board footer