New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2002-09-24 09:32:59

Number04

Re: just saying hey

Hey guys. Just introducing my self here. I am 19 years old, and I am currently studding electronics in Calgary Alberta.

I have been in love with mars since (no laughing) I started playing doom in my pre-teen years. ahhhhh..... battling demons on the Martian moons.

I am really exited to get into the mars program anyway I can. anyway, that's me, here I am.

#2 2002-09-24 09:53:15

clark

Welcome.

I am curious as to why you want to go to mars?

#3 2002-09-24 11:38:38

Adrian
Website

Hi Number04, glad to have you here! I hope you'll enjoy the New Mars forums - generally everyone here is helpful and friendly and you should find a lot of varied Mars topics being discussed.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

#4 2002-09-24 15:53:08

Number04

Why go to mars?

Because it is something new. I am a tech of sorts, and building and maintain a station like that would be amazing. I love to tinker and think. The ability to start from scratch and make something that is truly unique and great. Just to be a part of that. That?s why :>

And it would be very cool.

#5 2002-09-24 20:38:09

Phobos

I am curious as to why you want to go to mars?

So I can hunt the horned pink beasts that live there with my big f-ing gun!  Someone should design another entertaining game that revolves around Mars somehow.  Personally though I'd find something like "Mars Greenhouse Simulator" fun so I'm probably not the ideal designer for the task.   smile

To achieve the impossible you must attempt the absurd

#6 2002-09-25 06:15:29

TJohn
Banned

I agree with you Phobos.  The Army just came out with a game and you can't tell me that it did not generate interest and/or recruits.  Maybe someone in the Mars Society or visitors to these pages can develop one and have it available for download from the Society homepage.

One day...we will get to Mars and the rest of the galaxy!!  Hopefully it will be by Nuclear power!!!

#7 2002-09-25 06:54:01

Adrian
Website

Maxis were going to create SimMars a few years back and I recall that they got pretty far into development. Unfortunately that's when The Sims came out, and the SimMars team were reassigned to work on The Sims expansion pack and online game. In all fairness it was a wise business decision, since The Sims has made them far more money than SimMars ever would have, and it'll continue to make them money. But it's not good for us.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

Board footer