New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2005-06-23 11:33:59

BWhite

Re: I'll take malaprops for *5* Bob - Apropos of Nothing continues. . .

If anyone hates my topic title, create your own.  tongue

Give someone a sufficient [b][i]why[/i][/b] and they can endure just about any [b][i]how[/i][/b]

#2 2005-06-23 11:40:35

Cobra Commander

Just bumping it over the previous thread.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#3 2005-06-23 12:55:53

clark

What is your guys deal with locking down these threads? It's like an obsession with you!

Will the board really suffer if we lose a few political posts or random thoughts about nothing?

#4 2005-06-23 13:03:23

Cobra Commander

Public Good!  big_smile

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

#5 2005-06-23 13:06:25

clark

Moderator Bad! tongue

#6 2005-06-23 13:19:11

Palomar

*Well, there went my big cup of water...all over the desk!  sad  I hit it by accident while reaching for my lunch apple.

::sigh::

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#7 2005-06-23 22:50:10

Josh Cryer

Heheh, I thought Bill and Cobra's nonsense had made you spill your water, Cindy, it sure did make me laugh. smile

Anyway, clark, best to lock them big threads, IkonBoard's database gets messed up way too easily. We really need to move to phpBB with an SQL database.

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#8 2005-06-24 02:04:34

Josh Cryer

Cobra, what kind of CG film are you working on? Amateur? Professional? I've had a fascination with CG movies for quite sometime.

Some useful links while MER are active. [url=http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html]Offical site[/url] [url=http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/MM_NTV_Web.html]NASA TV[/url] [url=http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/mer2004/]JPL MER2004[/url] [url=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/statustextonly.html]Text feed[/url]
--------
The amount of solar radiation reaching the surface of the earth totals some 3.9 million exajoules a year.

#9 2005-06-24 05:13:31

Cobra Commander

Cobra, what kind of CG film are you working on? Amateur? Professional? I've had a fascination with CG movies for quite sometime.

It's an oddball indie sci-fi project, not pure CG but alot of the "digital set" kind of stuff because many of the scripted locations don't actually exist and can't be built in their entirety within budget.

So it's professional in the sense that much of the cast and most of the crew are professionals within their given fields, but amateur in the sense that no one much gets paid.

It's a standard pizza and beer deal.  big_smile

#10 2005-06-24 05:57:08

clark

so when shall we see your opus?

#11 2005-06-24 06:10:32

Cobra Commander

Can't really say, too early. Too much yet to go wrong and screw up projections. Best case scenario, next summer. More realistic, sometime before the '08 election.  ???

But I'll post info here, if nothing else what others read into it is always interesting. People that have read the script have interpreted it as pro-fascist, anti-military, "Left leaning," "a right-wing fantasy", "kinda feminist" and "misogynistic".   :laugh:

Something for everyone.  big_smile

#12 2005-06-24 06:22:11

clark

So a bunch of militant anti-war activists storm the capital to overthrow the ruthless female tyrant, but the hero of the group and the female tyrant fall in love after she beats him in a hand to hand fight to the death (and she spares him), and he then marries her and makes her do laundry?

#13 2005-06-24 06:50:59

Cobra Commander

:laugh:

We have a sequel!  :laugh:

#14 2005-06-24 07:02:17

clark

I write on spec.  big_smile

#15 2005-06-27 07:38:54

Josh Cryer

Nothing like a dose of nicotine in the morning. tongue

Anyone else have any bad habits (except for perhaps freaking being on NewMars all day long, heheh)?

--------

#16 2005-06-27 08:37:35

clark

I cut the heads off barbie dolls.

#17 2005-06-27 13:53:29

Palomar

Nothing like a dose of nicotine in the morning. tongue

Anyone else have any bad habits (except for perhaps freaking being on NewMars all day long, heheh)?

*Besides a sweet tooth that refuses to quit?  Not really.  Well...maybe reading too much.  I also crave salty stuff.  Sweet -and- salty...yum. 

Oh yeah, and it -was- THEIR fault I spilled that water the other day.  tongue

-*-

Speaking of food, I just got back from the grocery store.  A little girl (maybe 2-1/2 years old) was sitting in a cart, eating a banana and watching the lobsters at the seafood counter.  She sure was engrossed.  Her mother returned to the cart a few seconds later and strolled away.  The girl yelled, "'Bye lobsties!" and waved to them. 

Aw, that was so cute.  big_smile

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#18 2005-06-28 05:19:21

Cobra Commander

Indulging trolls.  big_smile

#19 2005-06-28 05:32:47

clark

You give yourself way too much credit.

Now dance for me monkey!  big_smile

#20 2005-06-28 06:33:11

Palomar

*I am having such a chocolate craving right now.  It's only 6:30 a.m.

Am thinking (or rather, trying not to) of freshly-made, warm chocolate chip pancakes...

chocolate/chocolate chip muffins...

or that chocolate "gravy" a cousin of mine used to make.  It's actually a rather thin cooked chocolate pudding.  Spoon it hot over a lightly buttered crunchy biscuit and dig in.  smile  It's been a while since I've made chocolate gravy...time to remedy that.  big_smile

--Cindy

#21 2005-06-28 06:52:02

Cobra Commander

Chocolate chip pancakes? That strikes me as odd for some reason.

But it reminds me, barbecue this weekend and we don't have a goat yet! Must get on it or it'll be buffalo and gator again.  :laugh:

Leaving just enough room on the grill for that pooh-flingin' monkey that comes around here.  big_smile

#22 2005-06-28 06:54:17

clark

Poor Pooh, Tigger is dead.  sad

#23 2005-06-28 06:56:21

Cobra Commander

Make room on the grill.  big_smile

#24 2005-06-28 06:59:29

Palomar

Chocolate chip pancakes? That strikes me as odd for some reason.

But it reminds me, barbecue this weekend and we don't have a goat yet! Must get on it or it'll be buffalo and gator again.  :laugh:

*Chocolate chip pancakes smell just like Nestle Tollhouse cookies baking, when they're in the skillet.  I'd rather have the cookies, though. 

Buffalo?  A small town near my hometown had an annual buffalo burger cookout in August.  I'll take a medium-well buffalo burger over an ordinary hamburger any day.  :up:  Very delicious.

--Cindy

#25 2005-06-28 07:12:28

clark

I was attacked by a buffalo once.

Board footer