New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: We've recently made changes to our user database and have removed inactive and spam users. If you can not login, please re-register.

#101 2019-05-27 17:36:32

tahanson43206

Re: Holidays

For Terraformer ...

Thanks for the inspiration to look for citations about the history of Armistice Day, and of the migration of memorial activities over time, in various countries and at various times.  You're right, that the Americans have Memorial Day, but (I gather) that predates World War I. 

I hope that future Martian citizens can look back in amazement at wars on Earth, and that they will be spared similar discord.

Bad behavior appears to be endemic in the human population. 

I asked Mr. Google for help with the famous line:  “Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.”

it turns out (as nearly as I can tell) this is a line that has a great number of authors, and (apparently) no one has a lock on it.

However, it works for me right now .... Future Martians are most certainly going to have to adopt it if they want to keep eruptions of bad human behavior from ruining what I hope will be a peaceful, productive culture.

(th)

#102 2019-05-27 18:41:36

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: Holidays

A mars memorial day would be one that they would celebrate as they would have finally gotten away from wars and would remember the fallen of mars which would have lead the way and not just those on earth.

#103 2019-06-19 17:03:03

SpaceNut
Administrator

Board footer