New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2018-08-29 06:21:51

spacetechsforum

Spacecraft design

Hello.
I am creating this topic in hope of finding an open source space projects. By "projects" i mean a real attempts at creating stuff in space with calculations and drawings, not just campaigns and initiatives to improve support for space industry.
I myself started to work on such project (as a hobby), did some initial calculation and idea of unmanned cargo transport vessel (space tug) seems quite feasible. Since this is probably the "easiest" (if there exists the "easy" in rocket science) possible construction that can be designed to fly in space i think that there might be some ongoing works that could use support or halted attempts that can pushed a bit forward. Any idea where things like that can be found?

Board footer